Best/Most Disappointing Places You Have Visited

Started by Canalman, June 20, 2008, 12:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2022, 07:46:04 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 03, 2022, 06:44:56 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 03, 2022, 05:49:28 PM
Anyone with either London or Donegal on their worst / disappointing list is the problem, not the destinations
London has plenty of kips. Loads of homeless. Turbo inequality. It also has fabulous nightlife and great restaurants.

If you are going on a city break to London you'll hardly end up in the kips unless you did so on purpose..

Plenty homeless Galway, around about 300 odds this month
You can see some of them on the way in from Heathrow.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 03, 2022, 07:53:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2022, 07:46:04 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 03, 2022, 06:44:56 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 03, 2022, 05:49:28 PM
Anyone with either London or Donegal on their worst / disappointing list is the problem, not the destinations
London has plenty of kips. Loads of homeless. Turbo inequality. It also has fabulous nightlife and great restaurants.

If you are going on a city break to London you'll hardly end up in the kips unless you did so on purpose..

Plenty homeless Galway, around about 300 odds this month
You can see some of them on the way in from Heathrow.

Heathrow county Galway?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Belfast city centre - dirty hole.
London city centre - shining.

JPGJOHNNYG

Donegal town worst place ;D wtf unless you got into a fight with a drunk at kicking out time then I can't see what the problem is.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on October 03, 2022, 09:53:22 PM
Belfast city centre - dirty hole.
London city centre - shining.

Yeah Belfast has went to the dogs in main shopping area.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Most disappointing place visited - the Armagh page on the Local GAA Board.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

HiMucker

Best
Morzine
Malaga
Yucatan

Worst/Dissapointing
Manchester
Portrush
Miami

whitey

Worst

Nottingham. I didn't see one middle (or upper) class person in the whole city. Nothing but scumbags

Best

Chicago
NYC (pre pandemic)
Arizona

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on October 03, 2022, 11:06:24 PM
Worst

Nottingham. I didn't see one middle (or upper) class person in the whole city. Nothing but scumbags

Best

Chicago
NYC (pre pandemic)
Arizona

Well that's an interesting take. . .

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2022, 12:45:39 AM
Worst

Best

Chicago
NYC (pre pandemic)
Arizona

I was fearful of even stepping foot inside most of the establishments in the City Center - given who was hanging around outside (and I'm well able to take care of myself)

red hander

How can you tell someone is middle class of upper class by looking at them from the hotel door? Jesus. I think this is the weirdest shit I've ever read in my life. Grow a set of balls and explore. Step outside your comfort zone. I've wondered round the streets of Belgrade, Chisinau, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Paris, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Larnaca, Madrid, Barcelona, Toulouse, New York, Chicago, San Francisco etc etc etc pissed outta my skull and never had any shit. f**king LIVE. Give it a try.

imtommygunn

Quote from: whitey on October 04, 2022, 01:09:19 AM
Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2022, 12:45:39 AM
Worst

Best

Chicago
NYC (pre pandemic)
Arizona

I was fearful of even stepping foot inside most of the establishments in the City Center - given who was hanging around outside (and I'm well able to take care of myself)

Used to go there regularly and frequent pubs. I always found it a nice place.

Newbridge Exile

Worst

Best

Chicago
NYC (pre pandemic)
Arizona
No working class people about Nottingham  either ?

trailer

Didn't like Galway last time I was in it. Lots of crusties. Not a family friendly place at all.