Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 02, 2021, 04:04:20 PM
Cunny Funt obsessed with his possession stats for years now, I think he reckons that’s how games should be decided
Far from obsessed Everton made much better use of their mere 28% possession and better use of possession is generally how games are decided. Everton today earned their point with a low block tactic and scored how they probably expected to score (on the counter attack) though from a United point it was poorly defended.

Tight it wasn't Sheedy, may have been a goal or DeGea 2nd save of the match if Davies took on the shot instead of passing it to an offside Mina.

nrico2006

Time for Ole to go. United have played nobody yet but still have looked poor. Big games coming up now that will probably put more pressure on him. He has done OK but isn't going to take the team any further.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

How did Sancho do today?

tintin25

Utd just aren't going anywhere with Ole in charge.  He's been in charge nearly 3 years now and I still don't see a style of play emerging.

snoopdog

Quote from: BennyCake on October 02, 2021, 06:02:12 PM
How did Sancho do today?
Sancho showed glimpses in the time he got. Should have started. I hear Ronaldo and Pogba didnt hang around long after the final whistle. Both disgusted at not starting.

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on October 02, 2021, 07:54:38 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 02, 2021, 06:02:12 PM
How did Sancho do today?
Sancho showed glimpses in the time he got. Should have started. I hear Ronaldo and Pogba didnt hang around long after the final whistle. Both disgusted at not starting.
don't think Ronaldo was to happy with Townsend for doing the 'Ronaldo celebration' when he scored.
nil satis nisi optimum

quit yo jibbajabba

I see he was wearing shinpads with his own pic on them also

The ego has landed..

From the Bunker

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 02, 2021, 08:55:45 PM

The ego has landed..

What next? Boots with player names on them? Jerseys with names on them?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: tintin25 on October 02, 2021, 06:46:10 PM
Utd just aren't going anywhere with Ole in charge.  He's been in charge nearly 3 years now and I still don't see a style of play emerging.

My feelings exactly. Heading for another trophyless season if he stays.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Boycey

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 02, 2021, 09:16:46 PM

The ego has landed..

Ronaldo is being quite fond of himself shocker

BennyCake

Tbh United weren't doing great when Bruno came in Jan 2020, and results and his goals improved things. His arrival kept Ole in the job then. Last year was decent enough in terms of finishing in top 4, and getting to the Euro final, which they should have won. But they were nowhere near competing for the title

But it's clear things aren't improving at all even with Ronaldo there, as well as Sancho/Varane etc.  I do believe it's just a matter of time now before Ole goes. Always liked him as a player and is a likeable fella,  but things just aren't improving

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on October 02, 2021, 09:29:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 02, 2021, 09:16:46 PM

The ego has landed..

Ronaldo is being quite fond of himself shocker

Boycey loves an oul deflection post!

Sportacus

Shaw should carry the can for the Everton goal.  Ridiculous the way he left his post and came charging across the pitch. 

tintin25

Quote from: BennyCake on October 02, 2021, 09:52:13 PM

Tbh United weren't doing great when Bruno came in Jan 2020, and results and his goals improved things. His arrival kept Ole in the job then. Last year was decent enough in terms of finishing in top 4, and getting to the Euro final, which they should have won. But they were nowhere near competing for the title

But it's clear things aren't improving at all even with Ronaldo there, as well as Sancho/Varane etc.  I do believe it's just a matter of time now before Ole goes. Always liked him as a player and is a likeable fella,  but things just aren't improving

Yeah, it's just a matter of time really.  Loved him as a player but ultimately not good enough.

Helix.

Quote from: tintin25 on October 02, 2021, 11:08:05 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 02, 2021, 09:52:13 PM

Yeah, it's just a matter of time really.  Loved him as a player but ultimately not good enough.

He's brought them as far as he's capable. I'd have my doubts if he would be any way useful at another premier league club in management. A happy accident that happens to have United DNA in him.

Who you'd have as next manager I'd wonder.