Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Gael85 on September 23, 2021, 08:24:41 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 23, 2021, 08:03:06 AM
Quote from: Gael85 on September 22, 2021, 10:06:26 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 22, 2021, 09:59:30 PM
1-0 defeat in a contest between two 2nd string sides.

Man United weren't shot shy tonight anyway with 27 shots on goal in total. West ham for 87 minutes of that match had one shot on target though they should have made it a 2-0 result with a couple of late opportunities on the counter attack.

De Beek, Dalot, Bailly, Matic played well and Greenwood was lively when introduced.

Dalot is very good going forward.  Van De Beek caught out for goal but was good on the ball.

It wasnt Donny caught out for the goal it was Telles, positioning was poor and was weak in the tackle more aggressive and he would have cleared it simple.

Mata was the most lively player on both sides in the first half, probably ran out of legs.
Donny grew into the game and you can see with more minutes he would improve give me him over Fred any day. He was caught a few times on the ball but that comes with lack of minutes. Some incisive passing from that position in mid field is exactly what is required against more than half the teams the team will face.

Reminded me of so many games last season, loads and loads of possession but no idea how to crack the back four, didnt help with Martial offering nothing in behind.

Poor result but surely should prove as a kick in the ass for more than a few of them.

Meant as De Beek following the and losing track of Lanzini.  Thought Sancho along with Tello could have done better on the wing in build up to goal.

He might have tracked better but the ball should never have reached there. Again with more minutes I think his reaction to these types of situations sharpens up.

Louther

No harm to United supporters and it been the League cup but that performance last night showed how stale and poor United are been managed at present. It's a squad with no plan and relying on individuals to win games.

On paper (games aren't played on paper thankfully) that United team should be beating that West Ham team. But they can't. Struggle to make clear chances and put the opposition under any real kind of pressure that would force a mistake or make an opening.

I'm sure Ronaldo will be trotted out at weekend and all be great again but it's mad how United have painted over the cracks by signing a 36 year old on a short term deal.

Taylor

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 22, 2021, 11:19:16 PM
Quote from: Rich Ricci on September 22, 2021, 09:43:13 PM
Never fancied Utd to score there tonight. A lot of possession but it was all very one dimensional. Greenwood added a bit of spark and you'd have expected a finisher like him to take that chance.

Martial would make you cry looking at him at times.

Martial has always reminded me of Anelka, huge ability but the attitude is not always what it should be.
His body language is awful when he's not tuned in.

The difference was Anelka delivered on a regular basis

Armagh18

Quote from: Taylor on September 23, 2021, 10:48:55 AM
Never fancied Utd to score there tonight. A lot of possession but it was all very one dimensional. Greenwood added a bit of spark and you'd have expected a finisher like him to take that chance.

Martial has always reminded me of Anelka, huge ability but the attitude is not always what it should be.

So frustrating because there's been glimpses where he has looked like a genuine world class player. Surprised he didn't leave in the summer tbh.

nrico2006

Quote from: Taylor on September 23, 2021, 10:48:55 AM

There has been very few games where Martial has looked brilliant.  He has never looked world class and should be sold as soon as possible. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Louther on September 23, 2021, 09:48:25 AM
No harm to United supporters and it been the League cup but that performance last night showed how stale and poor United are been managed at present. It's a squad with no plan and relying on individuals to win games.

On paper (games aren't played on paper thankfully) that United team should be beating that West Ham team. But they can't. Struggle to make clear chances and put the opposition under any real kind of pressure that would force a mistake or make an opening.

I'm sure Ronaldo will be trotted out at weekend and all be great again but it's mad how United have painted over the cracks by signing a 36 year old on a short term deal.

City have won this competition 4 years on the trot, they do so cause their squad is very good and it gets them to the semi final stage where they will improve it before playing their better team in the final.

Chelsea have the means to do this also as their squad size is good also

Utd have a big squad but lack quality outside of their best 15, losing at home is poor form in any competition, never seen the match but listened to some of it on the radio, they were poor enough but didn't lack attacking threat just couldn't put the ball in the net, mainly down to the fact that they aren't good  enough together as a team, think Ollie had them playing a game or two over the international break, that should be enough to let you know if they actually practiced as a team!!

The 2nd string is poor, rid out a few and buy a decent DM .. concentrate on doing well in the league and maybe getting into the knockout stages of the CL
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Utd have been 2nd best so far at home to villa , ole needs to change something here to ignite the team.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Rich Ricci

The less said about that game the better. Dire stuff. Didn't even deserve a draw. Bruno's penalty summed it up.

It's not the only problem but the McTominay and Fred partnership is a recipe for disaster. No presence and just invite pressure on to you. McGinn and Villa dominated them today.

stiffler

The writing has been on the wall with the performances this season so far not being at where they need to be for ole. In the end, utd can have no complaints with the result, and even failed to sneak a draw with Bruno's awful effort at the death.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cunny Funt

Villa deserved at least a draw out of that game for the energy, effort they put in.

A rare penalty miss for Bruno but that penalty ballooned over the bar in injury time summed up Uniteds afternoon. Only goal from a poorly defended set piece no improvement on last season there and a defeat that has likely come at a bigger cost with both Shaw and Maguire going off injured.

Helix.

Quote from: Rich Ricci on September 25, 2021, 02:32:23 PM
The less said about that game the better. Dire stuff. Didn't even deserve a draw. Bruno's penalty summed it up.

It's not the only problem but the McTominay and Fred partnership is a recipe for disaster. No presence and just invite pressure on to you. McGinn and Villa dominated them today.

United were 2nd best for most of game. Some header to win it in fairness. Why they keep persisting with Fred is beyond me at this stage. Indeed a terrible penalty by Bruno. Injuries to Maguire and Shaw didn't help though shaw was poor when he was on the field.. Need to get it right for Wednesday night against Villarreal.

sid waddell

Poor start for Coach Ronaldo. 3 defeats out of 4 now.

RedHand88

Turns out signing a 36 year old doesn't equate league success. Should sell plenty of jerseys though.  ;)

nrico2006

Bad reflection on Ole when he still hasn't addressed the midfield and United still don't have a defined style of play. I wouldn't be disappointed if he was to go to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

If results don't improve, I fear Ole will be on borrowed time.