Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Unfortunately I don't think either of them will be close for a finish.
I like the way both Rosenallis and Castletown try to play, but I don't think either of them are good enough to win here.
Both have form this year for falling off a cliff when it starts going wrong.
Hopefully not.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on October 10, 2021, 02:08:31 PM
Poor Keyser

Yet again the red mist descends online as it does in person

You've already had to back down and apologise to me here in person,who made an unfounded allegation

There can always be a second time

Come again? Try English this time.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

burdizzo

The PRT amalgamation is on shaky ground, and what Clonadmad says about footballers not playing the hurling relegation final is true. Part of the problem is that they're in the same football championship, I suppose.

Helix.

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on October 10, 2021, 05:46:27 PM
As expected, Rathdowney-Errill and Camross go through to the semi-finals. Although R/E far from impressive and stumbled over the line a bit.

Camross will give Clough-Ballacolla a good game of it but I expect C/B to have more firepower going forward and to win with a bit to spare. The other semi is tougher to call for me. Before the season, I would have thought R/E would win as thought their team looked the best on paper. After seeing them the last couple of days I'm not so sure... they'll need Ross King and Mark Kavanagh fit for it anyway.
As expected, Rathdowney-Errill and Camross go through to the semi-finals. Although R/E far from impressive and stumbled over the line a bit.

Camross will give Clough-Ballacolla a good game of it but I expect C/B to have more firepower going forward and to win with a bit to spare. The other semi is tougher to call for me. Before the season, I would have thought R/E would win as thought their team looked the best on paper. After seeing them the last couple of days I'm not so sure... they'll need Ross King and Mark Kavanagh fit for it anyway.

2 very poor games today in OMP. Rathdowney Errill in 1st- 2nd gear did just about enough. Terrible bad luck for Mark Kavanagh another nasty looking injury and wish him the best in his recovery. Clough Ballacolla should account for them in next game.

Camross started strong and did what they needed to do. Didn't set the world on fire either and they won't fear Borris Kilcotton the next day and should be the pick of the games in 2 weeks time.

Pitch cutting up fierce at times in OMP and only going to get worse in coming weeks!

clonadmad

Quote from: Helix. on October 10, 2021, 06:00:55 PM

2 very poor games today in OMP. Rathdowney Errill in 1st- 2nd gear did just about enough. Terrible bad luck for Mark Kavanagh another nasty looking injury and wish him the best in his recovery. Clough Ballacolla should account for them in next game.

Camross started strong and did what they needed to do. Didn't set the world on fire either and they won't fear Borris Kilcotton the next day and should be the pick of the games in 2 weeks time.

Pitch cutting up fierce at times in OMP and only going to get worse in coming weeks!

The OMP Pitch is flogged to within an inch of its life every year because the county board doesn't trust the clubs around the county to host senior group games in either hurling or football

Robbo

You'd be worried about Mark Kavanagh. Looked like a bad injury; if anyone deserves a bit of luck it's him.

Rathdowney maybe without him and King makes them outsiders.
Though I still have a feeling they'll give Ballacolla plenty of it. Ballacolla can be cocky and won't have been tested in the way rayhdowney will.

town1980

Prt are a joke waste of time in my opinion I've no interest in hurling they beat our club to go up but there players don't know if they like hurling or football junior A waste of time for them

Smellyball

It's a terrible shame some turf expert can't be flown into Laois to explain that 30 odd games in a month in autumn isn't great for a pitch.
I mean, who could foresee it????

clonadmad

Quote from: town1980 on October 10, 2021, 11:03:00 PM
Prt are a joke waste of time in my opinion I've no interest in hurling they beat our club to go up but there players don't know if they like hurling or football junior A waste of time for them

Shots fired

Can't wait to see the response from 2 contributors here who got awful exercised here earlier today over my PRT comment

Let's be having you boys

Town must be really really really bitter

clonadmad

Quote from: Smellyball on October 10, 2021, 11:14:32 PM
It's a terrible shame some turf expert can't be flown into Laois to explain that 30 odd games in a month in autumn isn't great for a pitch.
I mean, who could foresee it????

Who's have thunk it

It's like as if the CB don't want the clubs in the county and by extension the local towns and businesses to benefit from the games played.

town1980

Definitely no bitter I just think there no good  :) :) ;) 8)

Tintin84

Depressing to see the negativey  towards Rosenallis today and overall throughout the year in both hurling and football, They are the only senior dual club in the county, and should possibly be in a county semi final if they took their chances. I don't believe the crap RE were only in 1st 2nd gear. If the ref had any balls today ge should of let the last puck out happen instead of blowing up just after Rosenallis get the goal.

This is a club thats putting it up against the likes of the 2nd favourite team in RE in hurling championship and probably 3rd best team in football Championship O'Dempseys and their only training a quarter of what the non dual clubs are training and still there competing at the highest level. Fair play to the club and management of both sectors.

Robbo

Quote from: Tintin84 on October 11, 2021, 12:14:08 AM
Depressing to see the negativey  towards Rosenallis today and overall throughout the year in both hurling and football, They are the only senior dual club in the county, and should possibly be in a county semi final if they took their chances. I don't believe the crap RE were only in 1st 2nd gear. If the ref had any balls today ge should of let the last puck out happen instead of blowing up just after Rosenallis get the goal.

This is a club thats putting it up against the likes of the 2nd favourite team in RE in hurling championship and probably 3rd best team in football Championship O'Dempseys and their only training a quarter of what the non dual clubs are training and still there competing at the highest level. Fair play to the club and management of both sectors.

Everyone thinks highly of Rosenallis.

I've been programmed most of my life not to like them...but I can't help but respect them. Played well today and finished strongly but Rathdowney didn't. Nobody likes morale victories but take it; could have been worse.

clonadmad

Rosenallis are an example to every club in the county as to how they go about their business both on and off the field.

No negativity here

Helix.

Quote from: clonadmad on October 11, 2021, 07:58:24 AM

Rosenallis are an example to every club in the county as to how they go about their business both ion and off the field.

No negativity here

Likewise; no negativity here.

Rosenallis an honest bunch doing super work both on and off the field. Were left to rue the wides in 1st half. John Lennon got on a nice bit of ball when he came on. Hopefully he gets back 100% fit as he was huge loss to Laois this year.
Paddy Keating hurled well as well for them they just left it too late.

On a side note good to see Liam 'Fonzy' O'Connell back with Rathdowney Errill this year. Certainly worth a look at with Laois again.
Ryan Mullaney with a peach of a point against Camross yesterday as well. Hopefully he kicks on too when back with Laois in the new year.