Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Well if it's not the manager's decision, and he identifies it as a problem, and it doesn't change, he isn't managing.
If he didn't identify it as a problem....that's a different conversation!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Ogie

Hope Colt Shanahoe stick it out and stay together for the long haul, they'll improve after a tough couple of years
Anyone here at the game? Was the penalty call harsh at the end ?

burdizzo

I heard it was a harsh call, but that was from a Colt man! Colt/Shanahoe will have to stick together, as neither - and especially Shanahoe - have any future otherwise.
More likely to break up would be PRT, who were also demoted today. Back to Junior 'A' - the join up hasn't really brought more of a bounce to hurling in these two predominately football clubs. Again, though, Timahoe probably wouldn't have a team on their own any more.

Robbo

PRT have a thriving underage set-up. A few excellent people involved who will hopefully filter into Laois underage roles.

I thought the penalty was harsh. But those around me were adamant there was a foul.

Still think it'll be a Ballyfin-Portlaoise final.

town1980

PRT who the hell are they 😂😂😂😂😂 never heard of them 😂😂

Helix.

Quote from: burdizzo on October 09, 2021, 10:26:02 PM
I heard it was a harsh call, but that was from a Colt man! Colt/Shanahoe will have to stick together, as neither - and especially Shanahoe - have any future otherwise.
More likely to break up would be PRT, who were also demoted today. Back to Junior 'A' - the join up hasn't really brought more of a bounce to hurling in these two predominately football clubs. Again, though, Timahoe probably wouldn't have a team on their own any more.
Loads of good hurling talent coming through over there in Park Ratheniska Timahoe underage  and in fairness decent work been put into try and get to a higher standard. Would be a right kick in the stones for them if it were to disband. I highly doubt it will to be honest. Neither would do anything on their own hurling wise. Football will always rule supreme over that side of the county.
Underage success counts for very little though if it can't be brought through to adult level. Very disappointed with Abbeyleix going down. Loads of good young lads but need that marquee type forward to be a focal point rather than relying on Rowland for scores from frees. Abbeyleix should be thereabouts for winning junior A title if they get over the line today.
Colt Shanahoe hasn't taken off but will get rough before it gets better. Should go back up next year with Keyes back from injury.

Anyways back to senior championship topic..

Looking forward to 2 games today. Rathdowney should have 10+ points win over Rosenallis.

Camross Castletown has makings of a good game. Camross by 5-6 points. They seem to time championship at right time and wouldn't rule them being in a final yet.

SpeculativeEffort

Ive looked at Abbeyleix a few times and admit Rowland is a rare talent. His striking and power are incredible. Does his influence stifle the overall team tho? Just an example: if Abbeyleix get a free anywhere in their own half everyone is waiting for ER to come out and have a shot. There is no movement as everyone knows what is happening. Similar at times with long puckouts. Id have thought with a young mobile team and a goalie with a really sharp puckout Abbeyleix would have looked to play a more possession based game. Just a thought.

clonadmad

The PRT amalgamation isn't long for this world when you have one of the club chairmen individually ringing the players allegedly and telling them not to turn up for the hurling relegation final ahead of their clubs intermediate football semifinal next weekend

With the result that 6/8 of the players didn't turn up and PRT got bet and are down to junior

Prt at juvenile this year lost the 2020 u13b and 2021 A final,lost the u15 A semifinal and lost the minor B final,the reality is most of their teams are filled with non park youngsters,I heard recently that their u13's are nearly all living in Portlaoise town itself.

They have a few good mentors,but most of them are blown sins from outside the county and hurling men at heart.

I can see it definitely splitting it at adult level this year unfortunately and the juvenile club in the next few years

To the detriment of Laois hurling as a whole

We need more clubs and to broaden the player base

Keyser Söze

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on October 10, 2021, 11:17:52 AM
Ive looked at Abbeyleix a few times and admit Rowland is a rare talent. His striking and power are incredible. Does his influence stifle the overall team tho? Just an example: if Abbeyleix get a free anywhere in their own half everyone is waiting for ER to come out and have a shot. There is no movement as everyone knows what is happening. Similar at times with long puckouts. Id have thought with a young mobile team and a goalie with a really sharp puckout Abbeyleix would have looked to play a more possession based game. Just a thought.
Agree

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on October 10, 2021, 12:38:30 PM
The PRT amalgamation isn't long for this world when you have one of the club chairmen individually ringing the players allegedly and telling them not to turn up for the hurling relegation final ahead of their clubs intermediate football semifinal next weekend

With the result that 6/8 of the players didn't turn up and PRT got bet and are down to junior

Prt at juvenile this year lost the 2020 u13b and 2021 A final,lost the u15 A semifinal and lost the minor B final,the reality is most of their teams are filled with non park youngsters,I heard recently that their u13's are nearly all living in Portlaoise town itself.

They have a few good mentors,but most of them are blown sins from outside the county and hurling men at heart.

I can see it definitely splitting it at adult level this year unfortunately and the juvenile club in the next few years

Are you still pretending that you're not heavily involved with PRT?

Spiritof86

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 10, 2021, 01:12:14 PM

He is either a bitter Clonad man or he is bitter about his involvement with PTR . Strange post that 🤔

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 10, 2021, 01:12:14 PM

Poor Keyser

Not your first time either online or in real life,

You attacking the messenger and being made to look foolish

And in your Answer to your question

I have no involvement in PRT "heavily" or otherwise

Keep trying son.

Keyser Söze

Calm down "son".
These things are best addressed and sorted in house.

I'm guessing the next step will be to tell us how they approach this sort of issue in Tipperary. It seems to be the "go to" move!

I've never spoken to you in real life. So park that.
Your juvenile attempts to stir the pot and cause trouble a few years ago when Raheen Parish Gaels were trying to get going were disgraceful.
There's no coming back from that "son".

Spiritof86

Going to go with Rathdowney in the first but it'll be closer than expected I think .
Second game will be right old battle hopefully . Camross slowly seem to be getting it together at the right time . Wouldn't be surprised to see this go to ET

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 10, 2021, 01:50:44 PM
Calm down "son".
These things are best addressed and sorted in house.

I'm guessing the next step will be to tell us how they approach this sort of issue in Tipperary. It seems to be the "go to" move!

I've never spoken to you in real life. So park that.
Your juvenile attempts to stir the pot and cause trouble a few years ago when Raheen Parish Gaels were trying to get going were disgraceful.
There's no coming back from that "son".

Poor Keyser

Haven't you read any of my recent posts,

I'm now lauding Offaly and how they go about their business

Yet again the red mist descends online with you,as it does in person

I won't be responding to you on this thread and derailing it any further

it deserves better.