GAA Discussion > Hurling Discussion

Joe Canning retires

<< < (3/9) > >>

Maroon Manc:
There was always an air of expectation something special might happen when Joe got the sliotar and my word did he deliver on so many occasions.

Privileged to have seen him in the flesh plenty of times.

So many would watch a game just to see Canning play.

maddog:
Has there ever been anyone as good with the sideline cut ?

Sportacus:
Every time I see the UK or US media go bananas about a great baseball or cricket catch, I think of Joe Canning - that one where he does a hand pass out the backdoor and puts a player away in space - magic.

Maroon Manc:

--- Quote from: maddog on July 28, 2021, 03:53:25 PM ---Has there ever been anyone as good with the sideline cut ?

--- End quote ---

He's pointed 27 in the championship, Mick Moroney comes next on 8 and Austin Gleeson has hit the most of those still playing and he's on 6 according to Malachy Clerkin. He hit 4 against Limerick in last year's semi alone.

maddog:

--- Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 28, 2021, 04:06:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: maddog on July 28, 2021, 03:53:25 PM ---Has there ever been anyone as good with the sideline cut ?

--- End quote ---

He's pointed 27 in the championship, Mick Moroney comes next on 8 and Austin Gleeson has hit the most of those still playing and he's on 6 according to Malachy Clerkin. He hit 4 against Limerick in last year's semi alone.

--- End quote ---

Wow, some record.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version