The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

I personally think Portlaoise struggle numbers wise. I see the same faces all the time, and they are the real heroes in that club. I've seen some of their Intermediate and Junior teams playing without a coach, and at juvenile level, they are hardly lifting up trees. The club needs support at every conceivable level in my opinion

clonadmad

Quote from: High Fielder on August 24, 2021, 12:40:50 PM
I personally think Portlaoise struggle numbers wise. I see the same faces all the time, and they are the real heroes in that club. I've seen some of their Intermediate and Junior teams playing without a coach, and at juvenile level, they are hardly lifting up trees. The club needs support at every conceivable level in my opinion

I think mentors are an issue in Portlaoise not player numbers,

they don't have enough of them as HF said and id agree with him there,

it seems to be the same few faces there the whole time.

it also seems that they sent back nearly half their ticket allocation for the premier intermediate hurling final last friday, shocking if that's true.

Theres no point in talking about putting a second club into the town when you cant get enough people to act as juvenile mentors for the existing club.

Clonad,Park and the Heath probably have a case to answer too and should be more proactively going into the town and recruiting also.

town1980

I can think of more attractive opertunities

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Taken from Facebook page.

CLG Laois
·
The Laois GAA Strategy and Action Plan (2018 – 2020) is currently under review and as part of this process, the appointed review committee now request the views of your club / sub-committee in relation to:
Progress to date in achieving the stated objectives of the 2018-2020 Action Plan; &
Any comments/observations/recommendations that your club/sub-committee feel should be taken into consideration by the review committee when updating the current action plan.
All comments/observations/recommendations can be submitted directly to the email address Laoisgaastrategicreview2021@gmail.com for inclusion to the review committee.
Some points to note:
Details of your submission will be held in the strictest confidence;
If your club/subcommittee have no observations to note then please make a submission stating same (we will include a schedule in the updated Action Plan of all clubs/subcommittees that provided feedback as part of this review);
Please submit your comments/observations under the headings:
Coaching;
Competitions;
Organisational Structures;
Infrastructure Facilities;
Engaging with other organisations;
Funding / Sponsorship;
Urbanisation, Rural De-Population & Community Integration;
To access the Laois GAA Strategy and Action Plan (2018 – 2020) click the link below:
https://laoisgaa.ie/.../Laois-GAA-Strategic-and-Action...
All submissions should be made to the email address (Laoisgaastrategicreview2021@gmail.com) on or before midnight on Monday the 20th of September 2021.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

SCFC

I know people in Tullamore are highly pissed off over this and are prepared to dig in on it. All the money Offaly GAA have coming in but for some reason they are trying to screw the Tullamore club.

SpeculativeEffort

Its a messy situation. The GAA club own OCP and are within their rights to rent it as they see fit. OCB want a rent drop but have really got zero bargaining power as there is no other facility in county capable of hosting games so they must rent it. Tullamore GAA are driving a hard bargain on it but Im not sure what OCB were hoping for. A rent drop as a show of good faith to new regime? If that was the aim it all should have played out behind closed doors. Nobody budging now.

Helix.

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on September 16, 2021, 02:12:27 PM
Its a messy situation. The GAA club own OCP and are within their rights to rent it as they see fit. OCB want a rent drop but have really got zero bargaining power as there is no other facility in county capable of hosting games so they must rent it. Tullamore GAA are driving a hard bargain on it but Im not sure what OCB were hoping for. A rent drop as a show of good faith to new regime? If that was the aim it all should have played out behind closed doors. Nobody budging now.
Never knew Tullamore Gaa owned OCP. Is there many other counties in same boat bar Croke Park?

town1980

And can anyone here tell me wtf this has got to do with the future of Laois Gaa.???follow Offaly gaa there sorry on nights reading this crap

town1980

Again some clueless people on here

Helix.

Quote from: town1980 on September 17, 2021, 01:08:17 AM
And can anyone here tell me wtf this has got to do with the future of Laois Gaa.???follow Offaly gaa there sorry on nights reading this crap
Fair enough apologies. It's just amazing to see for all this hype that Offaly are going places that something this obscure gets reported and a stand off you wouldn't expect to happen happens.

Anyways back to Laois Football related future and see the Laois Strategy and Action plan doing the rounds for review. Will be interesting to see if any changes
Some clubs taking up GDA in shared capacity for 2022 a positive. Will be interesting to see what future holds be it increase in number/quality of coaching of players.
Senior Championship numbers: Was mooted years ago exploring reducing 16 teams to 12. Like turkeys voting for Christmas but will it ever happen?

Robbo

Quote from: Helix. on September 17, 2021, 08:43:46 AM
Senior Championship numbers: Was mooted years ago exploring reducing 16 teams to 12. Like turkeys voting for Christmas but will it ever happen?

We say this a lot but is it true?
Some of the most progressive clubs at senior now have had to come up through the ranks in recent years. Surely contesting and winning finals is more appealing to 18-23 year-olds than near-constant relegation worries and the odd 'good year' where you make a semi-final?