Laois Senior Hurlers 2021

Started by mcwregor, January 28, 2021, 09:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Careful - I got chided for talking underage stuff on this thread. Now we're on about the minors and u20s... Sheesh.

burdizzo

My goodness!
Shooting much improved, and limiting those short puckouts is definitely a good idea. Some goal from Purcell. Thought that Antrim corner back could have got a second yellow for a pull on Ross' hand. Podge Delaney got one for the same thing, only McManus made a real meal of it.
Hope they can keep their composure now, though!

Joeythelips

Oh no, its like the football match last week.  The hurlers were fantastic in the first half and it seemed like the second half would be a formality but they are totally collapsing in front of my eyes and like the footballers are down a man now just when we need all hands on deck. They still lead at the badly needed water break and its a massive test now for this Laois team, if they come out of this with a win it will be some effort.

Helix.

Thank f**k. Great effort a win is a win and Liam McCarthy status for 2022. Follow it up against Westmeath.
Right time to perform best performance of the year.
Onwards and upwards.  ;D

Joeythelips

Well that was epic, after a brilliant first half the third quarter was as complete disaster conceding 2 goals and going down to 14 men and could have been even worse but for a penalty save. In fairness after the water break every single Laois man showed what they are made of, they dug deep and pulled out a memorable win. Hats off to them

burdizzo

Phew!
That sin-binning was a joke. Actually, Mullaney's trip a bit later was a more likely candidate for a sin-bin penalty. I assume that's why he was whipped off.
Anyway, great to get that win, and fair play to them. Came good at the right time!

blueandwhite1

Brilliant performance and win. Agree that the sin-bin / penalty rule is a farce and needs to go.

Considering our best forward was sent off and Antrim brought it back to 2 points it was a comprehensive response with leaders everywhere.

There were brilliant performances all around. Scores came from everywhere. Can't ask any more of them.

SCFC

Quote from: burdizzo on July 10, 2021, 03:17:37 PM
Thought that Antrim corner back could have got a second yellow for a pull on Ross' hand. Podge Delaney got one for the same thing
Spot on. He should have been red carded after 15 minutes. Fair sickener to see Roddy sent off afterwards.

G@@

I'm beaming after watching that! Totally delighted for the lads who have trained as hard as any other county and came away from every game without a win until today. The Laois team totally deserved their win today and they can be proud of what could be considered the most important Laois win in a long time. They can go in to their next game without any pressure now and try and build for the Westmeath league relegation game. Westmeath are a team which only had a point to spare against Kildare today. They most likely now will meet Kerry in the final of the Joe McDonagh Cup on 17th July.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Laois man

Today we hurled no sweeper shit and we stayed up thank god👍

Giovanni

Delighted for everyone connected with the team. There is a lot of talent in that dressing room and it's good to see it coming through in the end. Good to see them trying to work goals when it's on and the shooting was a bit better (although still plenty of work to do on that score). Delighted for them and hopefully we can see a further improvement next day out.

I thought the referee was pathetic - the sin binning was ridiculous, the sending off was not justified and But then he let a clear foul go in the lead up to Laois' second goal. Really poor.

north_antrim_hound

Well done the best team won. Gutted we are going down the Mc Donagh again but that's where we are at. All the best in qualifiers.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

burdizzo

Very graceful of you - fair play. I was dreading Laois going down, because it'd be difficult enough to get out of it again. I'd say Offaly will be a more serious force in the next couple of years, and of course, there's all the talk about Kildare coming. However, Antrim have been motoring well last year and this, and I suppose Div 1 hurling will stand to them again next year.

town1980

Oh good Jesus yee are here raving how great it is to stay up when Eddie has us beaten Dublin competing with Tipperary ffs will yee cop on its a pure shambles with supporters buying into mediocrity if I'm wrong look at Eddie's results ,,talk about the county board me arse look at the tripe been written ffs

town1980

Let's win Jmd and celebrate like it's mr Liam Mac the whole thinking needs routing out small mentality