Laois Senior Hurlers 2021

Started by mcwregor, January 28, 2021, 09:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Shocking shit best forward playing in the backs embarrassing to look at.

Laoisred

Shocking is right but not unexpected. Carried the terrible league form into the championship. Only hope now is to get one decent performance this year v Antrim to try and retain championship status. That would give Laois another game as prep to try and retain league status v Westmeath.

burdizzo

Yeah, and it's not inconceivable that they would beat Antrim (who got a big enough beating today, too) at a neutral venue. Obviously, it would be great to do that and hope we can build something next year, but if we can't be some way competitive, then you really have to wonder. On the other hand, drop back to McDonagh, and would we be able for a resurgent Offaly, either?
One of the few players who somewhat surprised today was Scully, who I've never really rated as an intercounty forward before. I thought he did quite well. Some of the lads who were good under Brennan, on the other hand, were simply woeful this evening.

Keyser Söze

With all due respect to Cheddar, what he is setting Laois up to do makes zero sense. It couldn't work and I'm not sure how it could be any clearer that it isn't working.
It's essentially a small step away from giving a walkover.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Giovanni

Gmac

Quote from: Giovanni on June 26, 2021, 08:56:51 PM
I can't understand how anyone could imagine that conceding  possession until the opposition gets to their own 65 could possibly be a winning strategy. And on the other hand, our full back line has been conceding needless turnovers since the season started. I just don't get it at all. It just can't work in hurling.
and the goalkeeper still pucking the ball up to a 3 on 1 in the first half , I turned it off at half time thank god .

on the hop

The tactics were bizarre yesterday which didn't help, Wexford won 40/42 of their own puckouts and won a further 20 of our puckouts which was nearly half. I would love to see the explanation on why we decided to tactically concede to them and let them build up play

bluespower

Saw this comment on another forum from a non Laois person and i think it sums us up alright.

"Typical Laois - one step forward (2019) and then five steps back"

High Fielder

Quote from: bluespower on June 27, 2021, 04:33:50 PM
Saw this comment on another forum from a non Laois person and i think it sums us up alright.

Agreed. Cheddar saved the CB's bacon but in truth, letting Brennan go was a shot to our own foot. Same with Sugrue. Things are hard enough for us without constantly making these f**k ups

Zooming around

Quote from: High Fielder on June 27, 2021, 07:14:00 PM
Quote from: bluespower on June 27, 2021, 04:33:50 PM

Agreed. Cheddar saved the CB's bacon but in truth, letting Brennan go was a shot to our own foot. Same with Sugrue. Things are hard enough for us without constantly making these f**k ups

And yet nothing will be done about the people who constantly make these f**k ups, especially the ones who hate hurling and are happy to see Laois hurling go backward.

burdizzo

Quote from: Zooming around on June 27, 2021, 08:38:24 PM

And yet nothing will be done about the people who constantly make these f**k ups, especially the ones who hate hurling and are happy to see Laois hurling go backward.

And THIS is the problem!
At u15 level, some hurling teams are only sure to get THREE matches. I must admit, I haven't bothered to look up the football format for the same age group, but I'd be stunned if teams weren't getting more than that.
But then again, why aren't hurling people getting into positions of influence in the CB?

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on June 27, 2021, 09:22:13 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on June 27, 2021, 08:38:24 PM

And THIS is the problem!
At u15 level, some hurling teams are only sure to get THREE matches. I must admit, I haven't bothered to look up the football format for the same age group, but I'd be stunned if teams weren't getting more than that.
But then again, why aren't hurling people getting into positions of influence in the CB?

That's incorrect

The championship at u13 and u15 is structured so that after 3 games

The top 2 in each group go to the A,Bottom 2 go to the B

And then there's another 3 games to decide semifinalists in both A and B

Each team will be getting a minimum of 7 games

burdizzo

No - that, I'm afraid, is not the case. There are 14 teams at u15: thus two groups of three (two games), and two groups of four (three games). The subsequent 'A' championship proper (of 8 teams - top two in each group) is knockout. Therefore, some teams are sure of only three games.
Maybe you're talking about the football??!!

town1980

Good Jesus yee are here talking about u13 u15 ffs ,, loosing Eddie was criminal loosimg John prob not as much because we were lucky to stay in division 2 lucky to get there in the first place at the end of the dat both sets footballers are a div 4 team and hurlers we celebrated as if the mcdonagh cup was Liam McCarthy and we did and now we could be back there ffs mcdonagh cup waste of time hurlers and footballers realistically are poor unfortunately