Laois Club SHC 2020

Started by TheGiantSquid, July 02, 2020, 08:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Giovanni

Looks like you're right. Mad stuff to be honest.

Keyser Söze

Very very difficult to see Portlaoise winning tonight. Notwithstanding the "Healy factor", Portlaoise simply don't have the required number of hurlers to take on The Harps.
It would take a monumental underperformance by too many Harps' players. They have numbers in reserve and replacements to call upon if needed.
Is there any bookmaker offering odds on this?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laois man

:'Harps record again plaois won't help them.

burdizzo

Heard a rumour that Chris Lynch had defected??! Don't know how true that is...

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: burdizzo on August 13, 2021, 02:08:12 PM
Heard a rumour that Chris Lynch had defected??! Don't know how true that is...

Heard that too alright, fell out with management apparently. Either way, if The Harps hurl to their ability tonight, they'll win. Like the other user said though, Portlaoise might have that bit of a mental edge over them and that could play apart in the outcome.

I'd prefer to see The Harps make the jump up to Senior. They have some strong underage teams coming through, while Portlaoise don't have much.

Keyser Söze

I wouldn't overplay the previous defeats.
Portlaoise at full strength would struggle to contain The Harps. For different reasons they are not at full strength

Laois man

Going for the Harps but I think it will be closer than people think.

Keyser Söze

BK 5-18 CB 2-8

BK 3-23 CB 1-11

CB 2-17 BK 1-16
BK 0-25 CB 1-15 (semi final)

Borris Kilcotton have generally had Clough Ballacolla's measure. Will that change?
Broderick is a big loss to start with.

There is no doubt but the senior players in both of these clubs will feel that they should have collected more SHC medals. Especially when they see what Rathdowney Errill have managed and what Camross did in a short period.
You'd have to be impressed with how CB have stayed coming back and how they have filtered good young players into their lineup.

I think it will be fascinating. The lights and weather should add to the drama and the bookies' odds highlight how fine the margins are here.

It will in my opinion come down to whichever of PJ & Picky make the biggest impression from play.
I'm giving Picky & CB a hesitant nod.

Zooming around

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 14, 2021, 05:35:19 PM
BK 5-18 CB 2-8

BK 3-23 CB 1-11

CB 2-17 BK 1-16
BK 0-25 CB 1-15 (semi final)

Borris Kilcotton have generally had Clough Ballacolla's measure. Will that change?
Broderick is a big loss to start with.

There is no doubt but the senior players in both of these clubs will feel that they should have collected more SHC medals. Especially when they see what Rathdowney Errill have managed and what Camross did in a short period.
You'd have to be impressed with how CB have stayed coming back and how they have filtered good young players into their lineup.

I think it will be fascinating. The lights and weather should add to the drama and the bookies' odds highlight how fine the margins are here.

It will in my opinion come down to whichever of PJ & Picky make the biggest impression from play.
I'm giving Picky & CB a hesitant nod.

Good call.

Laois man

Any views on the hurling Cship 2021 starting this weekend?

Ballyroan Abbey

Is there any truth that Borris in Ossory and Kilcotton are at odds with each other?

Keyser Söze

Apparently not a very happy camp. I think it might be centered on team management rather than any fatal danger.

Ogie

From what I heard nothing only a clear the air meeting after losing a county final, see what can be made better, same as goes on everywhere
No one at 'odds' with each other
But nice try to stir the pot before yer game Ballyroan Abbey  ;D ;D

Ballyroan Abbey

From what I saw tonight it's definitely not a happy camp, they were extremely lucky to get the draw, wouldn't be shocked if they ended in a Relegation final