Laois Senior Football Championship 2020

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 27, 2020, 11:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

Both teams had more than enough time to prepare and organise harder practuce matchs,,, Portarlintong was always going go be a formality ,,emo will be kicking themselves but graigues match ups silenced emos game plan and for me the best two have moved forward ,,,  gona be a hard one to call 50/50  for me

Laois Rising

Timmons has arguably been the best club player and county player in Laois for the last decade. If Graigue were to win the county final I don't think anyone would begrudge seeing him lift the trophy. Least he deserves for his contribution to both club and county for the last 15 years. However, in sport you don't always get what you deserve.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Laois Rising on August 09, 2021, 04:00:02 PM
Timmons has arguably been the best club player and county player in Laois for the last decade. If Graigue were to win the county final I don't think anyone would begrudge seeing him lift the trophy. Least he deserves for his contribution to both club and county for the last 15 years. However, in sport you don't always get what you deserve.

Should be a really good battle between him and Colm Murphy inside. I worry that Graiguecullen might not have enough of a scoring prowess inside but they'll be well able to handle Port's physicality and should keep it close.

Blow-in

Use of nicknames still an issue.

Quote from: The PRO on September 20, 2020, 04:22:46 PM
Lord Jaysus, I appreciate the service Laois TV provides but really it's ridiculous how bad the commentary on the O'Dempseys v Killeshin game was. A television commentary should be very different from a radio commentary. We can see what's happening so you don't need to do a play by play description. The less said about the use of nicknames and first names the better.

SCFC

Quote from: Batman!!! on August 10, 2021, 08:47:47 AM

Lord Jaysus, I appreciate the service Laois TV provides but really it's ridiculous how bad the commentary on the O'Dempseys v Killeshin game was. A television commentary should be very different from a radio commentary. We can see what's happening so you don't need to do a play by play description. The less said about the use of nicknames and first names the better.
Dicey, Shaq, Birdy, Timmo etc!

portlaoisekid

Well done Port on their 2020 title , thoroughly deserved ...

Blow-in

Shocking. Shaq, Shaq, Shaq

Quote from: SCFC on August 10, 2021, 10:26:09 AM
Quote from: Batman!!! on August 10, 2021, 08:47:47 AM

Dicey, Shaq, Birdy, Timmo etc!

town1980

Best team won graigue brought abs nothing port well done but the town will be back 2021

Silkyskillssunshinee

Portarlington comfortably the better team and clearly the best team in the Championship. Pity that they didn't get to play in the Leinster club for 2020 but I'm sure they'll get their chance eventually.

You have Sean Byrne, Paddy O'Sullivan, Robbie Pigott, Colm Murphy already in with the Laois panel, and I'd be hopeful of a few more of that Port team get a look in with Laois as well. Alex Mohan, Adam Ryan, Ronan Coffey and Jake Foster have all been consistent for Port. Jason Moore I thought was outstanding, with his pace and power breaking through the defensive lines against Graigue. I think he was in with Laois last year though and dropped off so not sure if he'll go in again

Laois Rising

I'm really looking forward to when Port and Portlaoise meet in the 2021 championship. Hopefully they will be kept on opposite sides of the draw and not meet until the final. It could be a great rivalry over the next few years and with Port currently top dog in county it will surely drive Portlaoise' efforts for rest of year to regain their crown. Unlike when Stradbally won title few years back, this Portarlington team is going to be around for next 5/6 years.

It's going to be very hard for Graigue to regain the enthusiasm and drive for the 2021 championship. After shipping a comprehensive loss like that it surely will take the wind out of their sails. 

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Laois Rising on August 16, 2021, 12:06:00 PM
I'm really looking forward to when Port and Portlaoise meet in the 2021 championship. Hopefully they will be kept on opposite sides of the draw and not meet until the final. It could be a great rivalry over the next few years and with Port currently top dog in county it will surely drive Portlaoise' efforts for rest of year to regain their crown. Unlike when Stradbally won title few years back, this Portarlington team is going to be around for next 5/6 years.

It's going to be very hard for Graigue to regain the enthusiasm and drive for the 2021 championship. After shipping a comprehensive loss like that it surely will take the wind out of their sails.
it'll be interesting alright, Considering the post match interviews mentioned Portlaoise multiple times and apparently Port should be going for a 3in a row I think we can safely say Port have Portlaoise in their focus... It'll be interesting how Portlaoise react to this challenge,Port should win the next few but that's easier said than done.

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on August 05, 2020, 11:57:03 PM
This of all years is Port's to win. I think they will not only win the senior cship this year but it could signal the dawn of a new super power in Laois football. Port to win this year and maybe even string a few together. Huge underage talent there.

😉

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on August 05, 2020, 11:57:03 PM
This of all years is Port's to win. I think they will not only win the senior cship this year but it could signal the dawn of a new super power in Laois football. Port to win this year and maybe even string a few together. Huge underage talent there.

Ye scoffed at the time :)

Smellyball

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 06, 2020, 12:28:03 AM
I wouldn't underestimate how difficult it is to put county championships back to back in either code in any county! Winning a county final does not appear to be beyond Port. Talk of stringing a few together consecutively is nonsense.

"Nonsense" indeed.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Smellyball on October 11, 2022, 11:17:21 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 06, 2020, 12:28:03 AM
I wouldn't underestimate how difficult it is to put county championships back to back in either code in any county! Winning a county final does not appear to be beyond Port. Talk of stringing a few together consecutively is nonsense.

"Nonsense" indeed.

How long did that take you to find? Busy man.

I'm glad you kept the timestamp in.

On the 6th August 2020, talk of winning several in a row was nonsense.
Indeed, I don't think Port would have won one had they been talking like that back then.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......