China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 01, 2020, 02:53:19 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 01, 2020, 02:42:37 PM
UK posting 563 deaths in the last 24 hours, 30 in Norn Iron.

Shits getting real

30 not the overall NI figure Jonny? Still grim reading UK wide

Yes think there were 2 NI deaths in last 24 hours.  Confirmed cases up by 103 (20-odd percent). 

imtommygunn

Has testing increased in NI this week or are the number of cases just growing rapidly?

armaghniac

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 01, 2020, 02:53:19 PM

Shits getting real

30 not the overall NI figure Jonny? Still grim reading UK wide

NI not as badly affected as the mother island. But still forecast for a possible total of 3000 deaths (i.e. equal to troubles).

The UK will pass Italy for daily deaths by this weekend, as the US already has.

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
Has testing increased in NI this week or are the number of cases just growing rapidly?

I think testing has increased, although I'm not sure where these stats are.
Whereas testing is declining in the south owing to lack of reagents.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

There is some nonsense about Gove and reagents doing the rounds. Up to his lies as usual.

Yeah I thought testing had ramped up although like yourself no stats to back that up.

This is bad and we are not even close to as impacted as some other places :( (Hopefully that continues but may not).

I would still rank cheltenham going ahead as one of the stupidest decisions ever made.

johnnycool

Quote from: clarshack on April 01, 2020, 02:52:33 PM

Shits getting real

that reads 30 deaths here in the last 24 hours which isn't the case.

Poor Grammar, apologies.

But we're OK, Robin Swann is praying to God that we've enough ventilators come our peak!

RadioGAAGAA

UK posting 563 deaths in the last 24 hours

30 in Norn Iron in total.

Shits getting real

With UK testing being so abysmally below where it needs to be - the number of deaths is the only tracker of where we are that is accurate.

We don't know when peak infection will happen - it might already have happened - deaths lag that by 3-4 weeks.

If restrictions still aren't tight enough (or people still aren't paying enough heed) - it'll be a nightmare by the time we realise it and a disaster by the time the reaction to that nightmare takes effect.
i usse an speelchekor

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2020, 03:27:45 PM
There is some nonsense about Gove and reagents doing the rounds. Up to his lies as usual.

Yeah I thought testing had ramped up although like yourself no stats to back that up.

This is bad and we are not even close to as impacted as some other places :( (Hopefully that continues but may not).

I would still rank cheltenham going ahead as one of the stupidest decisions ever made.

Absolute madness that this event went ahead . Know of 2 cases from Cheltenham in the Derry area. A GP (who'd already been to Italy skiiing, was told to self-isolate). Post isolation he took himself off to Cheltenham, and low and behold tested positive upon his return. Has since fully recovered. But we're talking about a health care professional in contact with the most vulnerable of folk, a complete binlid. The 2nd case, a 50 something woman, currently on a ventilator in Altnagelvin. Stay safe all

Milltown Row2

What's the rate of deaths in the free state currently? And when will the peak be?

We are looking at between the 6th and 20th April (according to the top man in the north) though with him not being a GAA boarder is hard to agree with him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

I know ye Nordies are a biteen behind the times and don't realise the "free state" was abolished on 31st December 1937.
Meanwhile in Ireland/RoI/26 Counties/ the South(sic) I saw the deaths figure is around 2% of the Positives figure.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2020, 04:28:27 PM
I know ye Nordies are a biteen behind the times and don't realise the "free state" was abolished on 31st December 1937.
Meanwhile in Ireland/RoI/26 Counties/ the South(sic) I saw the deaths figure is around 2% of the Positives figure.

I'll continue with the free state, some gobshites on here keep using shite talk, I'll throw some of it back at yas  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

71 deaths to date in the south...

Don't want to tempt fate but as a percentage of the population that's way better than NI but then the community spread thing happened earlier in the south and the reactions thereafter were quicker and more decisive.

imtommygunn

We're the occupied 6 and you're the free state - that's how it works...

Yeah south managed it a lot better. They reckon 3k here on "wave 1". Jesus.

I actually think the north will have benefited from flybe couping and the fact that there were 25% less flights for a good bit during this. Will never know whether that holds or not mind you but it should at least have lessened traffic.

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2020, 04:33:51 PM

I'll continue with the free state, some gobshites on here keep using shite talk, I'll throw some of it back at yas  ;)
I suppose you're at least  247 years ahead of th'others.
Johnny ye lost ground at the start alright due to the DUPes having to play at Uber Britishness again.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wee Roddy

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2020, 05:18:34 PM
We're the occupied 6 and you're the free state - that's how it works...

Yeah south managed it a lot better. They reckon 3k here on "wave 1". Jesus.

I actually think the north will have benefited from flybe couping and the fact that there were 25% less flights for a good bit during this. Will never know whether that holds or not mind you but it should at least have lessened traffic.

I actually think the north will benefit from the GAA's advice early doors. In rural areas the social distancing was practised as soon as pitches were closed 

RadioGAAGAA

I see the fukkin dopey media are going on about green shoots because of the number of cases is plateauing. Its plateauing because your saturated on testing ye dopey kunts.

Govt propaganda has number of tests at around 8,000 per day. Which means its probably anywhere around 7,000-8,000 per day... I'd be cynical and suggest nearer the former than latter -with some supporting evidence[1][2].

Meanwhile there were 4,324 new cases as of today. That is far too high a percentage of tested people returning positive to have any confidence whatsoever in your testing regime capturing enough to be reflective of the wider population. It probably needs to be under 10% returning positive.

[1]https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-testing-uk-daily-target-nhs-cases-latest-a9434496.html
[2]https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-uk-testing-cases-deaths-who-germany-update-a9437126.html
i usse an speelchekor