What's your relationship with alcohol?

Started by Boycey, October 12, 2018, 11:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

And see the fcukers who drink craft beer....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JoG2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on April 22, 2020, 10:04:27 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 22, 2020, 09:47:15 PM
And see the fcukers who drink craft beer....

;D

This might not go down well with the non drinkers or only one or two in a few months, but for craft beer the Woodworkers is hard to beat!

Once it reopens in 2021!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Just having a lovely gin in the garden! Christ its warm out there!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

I used to be a gin man myself. These days I'll usually treat myself to a Gordon's and Schweppes when flying, but that's about the only time I do it. It used to mess with my head quite a bit in my student days, I'd get too carried away with it.

trailer

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Ambrose

You can't live off history and tradition forever

Milltown Row2

balladmaker

How is everyone getting on during lockdown on the alcohol front? 

I indulged a little too much, always beer, never shorts, to the point where I was drinking beer for the sake of it.  Found myself becoming a little too dependent on it ... Fri and Sat slowly became a Sunday ... add in midweek football, and then I was pushing 4/5 nights a week.  Was experiencing mood swings, a very short fuse alot of the time, and down in the dumps for no apparent reason as well ... unless I had a beer in hand.

Haven't touched it for 5 weeks now, which is good for me, and the benefits are fast overtaking the reason to be drinking at all.  Yes, I'm sure I'll have a beer again, maybe this weekend, who knows ... but I never want to go back to where I was at.  I do and will continue to enjoy a pint of Guinness in a social setting as much as anyone, but if I can mostly stay away from the home drinking, I'll be happy enough.

Just wondering how alcohol is playing a part for others during lockdown?

screenexile

Haven't drank much since the pubs closed in October.... miss going to the pub for a few pints badly!!

Couldn't be assed drinking at home no craic in it.

Tony Baloney

You are not alone there. I know ones in work drinking Wed-Sun as they are working from home and we can start up to 10am.

Milltown Row2

Weekends only, have reduced it also.. 

Jeepers Creepers

Friday & Saturdays. Managed to get down to a few fancy beers rather than quantity. Sneak in a wee G&T for good measure. Haven't drank during the week in along time unless a celebration or commiseration.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 05, 2021, 09:25:21 PM
Friday & Saturdays. Managed to get down to a few fancy beers rather than quantity. Sneak in a wee G&T for good measure. Haven't drank during the week in along time unless a celebration or commiseration.

Weekends are Friday Saturday Sunday!!!!