The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Think i read somewhere if it was to happen nike have said it would happen in the NB kit....i have no source

Gabriel_Hurl

James Pearce in the Athletic reported that the club and the 2 companies came to an agreement that it would be in the NB kit that was used this season.

https://theathletic.com/1702214/2020/03/27/liverpool-title-nike-new-balance/

QuoteHowever, following discussions between Billy Hogan — Liverpool's managing director and chief commercial officer — and both suppliers, it has been agreed that the change of kits won't happen mid-season, regardless of whether the remaining fixtures are held after the end of May due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

A senior Nike source told The Athletic: "Legally, it could have been enforced as the contract clearly states the date of June 1. But it was decided that it just wouldn't have been right to storm in and take over. Things have been very cordial.

"It was always the plan that Liverpool would start wearing Nike in pre-season ahead of the 2020-21 season and that remains the case. It's only right that they see out the rest of this season in New Balance. We're very much focused on next season."

Boycey

Ambrose

You can't live off history and tradition forever

J70

That's nice.

Is it legit or another internet mock-up?

They've never used the stars before in the CL, as far as I remember.

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on April 17, 2020, 02:06:20 PM
That's nice.

Is it legit or another internet mock-up?

They've never used the stars before in the CL, as far as I remember.
They did once for a Champions League Home shirt the season after 2005 win. I had it, was a lovely shirt.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Yellow one looks class. Throw back style wise to the 80's jersey....

dec

Gabriel_Hurl

Yellow ain't happening for this new season anyways - unless they are bringing out a 4th kit

The away colours are teal/"hyper turquoise" (same colour as the home short collar trim) and black. It has an "abstact" pattern inspired by the Shankly Gates.

3rd is dark grey and pink with a check patten - supposedly based on a classic Nike Air Max trainer design which Nike have been using for their other teams.

J70

J70

Shankly Gates or not, that is about the worst strip I've ever seen for Liverpool.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on April 17, 2020, 03:57:13 PM
Shankly Gates or not, that is about the worst strip I've ever seen for Liverpool.

Obviously for the ladies!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Good news for Dominic Matteo - given the all-clear after suffering a brain tumour

https://twitter.com/Dominicmatteo21/status/1253276338619912192