Roscommon Vs Meath

Started by thejuice, February 11, 2008, 08:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Well this is the pick of the second round I think we'd all unanimously agree.

Although we're starting 2 weeks late thanks to Cork, hope fully we can show some form against the Rossies. The 10 point defeat to Monaghan was a dissapointing show for the men from the west. But our O'Byrne lame exit to Longford suggests we're not up and running just yet.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Although Aertel has this game down for Hyde Park - the word on Shannonside is that it's in Kiltoom.
Hope ye Meathies can find it  :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Sounds like gamesmanship to me. "Lets bring them f*ckers to Kiltoom!!" 
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Owenmoresider

The way the Rossies are going, if they switched it back without telling them, they would probably still lose.

Is Kiltoom a good-standard ground? Facilities etc.

thejuice

Well its officially down for Hyde park according to GAA.ie

Will many of the Roscommon Minors keep their place from last week, I suppose its a bit early in the week for team selections though
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Kiltoom was a grand setup when I was playing anyway. I'm not sure if it would have the facilities for any sort of a crowd mind you, but the clubhouse and pitch and stuff were lovely.

thejuice

I dont know, this seems a bit suspicious, dragging us off to a quiet corner of Roscommon, I suspect an ambush.

AZOffaly

I think Kiltoom is the grounds of Clan na Gael.

heineken_on_tap

Id say going on last years Division 2 final and then the Championship after that, Meath are on a different level to us right now. For that reason and even allowing for the fact Meath have not played a game in the league yet i would expect Meath to come out of this one comfortably enough.

I think Ros are a division 3 side at this moment in time and for that reason I cant really see us staying in this division - the only thing that may happen is if Cork are relegated then there is a glimmer of hope. Not sure Kiltoom could cater for this game, should be a decent Ros contingent - assume Meath would bring a decent crowd?

thejuice

Just looking at it on the map, they're pretty close, why not have it in Hyde park?

Shrewdness

Kiltoom is home to the St.Brigid's club and is actually closer to Athlone than Hyde Park..It's also the venue where Ros dished out a 16 point beating to the great Meath team around late 80's/early 90's.

Expect Meath to gain full revenge on Sunday.....I understand the pitch at Hyde Park is a bit heavy ;)

AZOffaly

Ah, Brigids. That's right. Where are Clan na Gael from? They're just over the border from Offaly as well aren't they?

Maguire01

Quote from: thejuice on February 11, 2008, 08:53:17 PM
Well this is the pick of the second round I think we'd all unanimously agree.
Thanks for that!  :D

shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 12, 2008, 01:06:47 PM
Ah, Brigids. That's right. Where are Clan na Gael from? They're just over the border from Offaly as well aren't they?

Clann Na Gael are also just outside Athlone, on road to Ballinasloe. Where as Brigids are on Roscommon road out of Athlone. The two clubs between them have dominated the Ros senior championship for god knows how long, although I dont think Clann are too hot at the moment.

thejuice

would be nice to get a walk long the shoes of Lough Ree before the game. Havent been there in ages.