Sigerson 2008

Started by shark, December 12, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 14, 2008, 11:48:17 AM
Does he call himself Frank or Francis???

His mammy probably calls him Francis but iv never heard anyone call him that.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: shark on February 14, 2008, 12:05:15 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 14, 2008, 11:48:17 AM
Does he call himself Frank or Francis???

His mammy probably calls him Francis but iv never heard anyone call him that.
Always down as Francis in the programme, thanks for the heads up...

And it's aul wan, not m***y...  ;)
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Uladh

As usual in this round of Sigerson there have been some great games. didn't get anyhere myself but getting quite a few eye witness reports. UL seem to have really produced a 5 star performance and Moran seems to be a cracking footballer. DIT's win shouldn't be that much of a surprise as they've as much talent as anyone and the doubts about DCU's management are well founded. The poly were extremely comfortable agaist sligo, which could be ominous but their old nemisis Queens dug out a result against a very talented NUIG, so it could be a great tie at the Dub. The Guards have slipped quietly through and could be very dangerous in this copetition but the winners this year could be CIT, who took UCD apart.

what way do the odds look now Lone Shark?

Zulu

QuoteDIT's win shouldn't be that much of a surprise as they've as much talent as anyone and the doubts about DCU's management are well founded.

What do you mean by this Uladh? I would have thought their backroom team would be of the highest quality. Who is in charge of them by the way?

Captain Scarlet

Excuse my ignorance but where and when are the finals this year?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Homer

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 15, 2008, 10:17:09 AM
Excuse my ignorance but where and when are the finals this year?

08/03/2008   19:00   IT Carlow GAA Pitch

Uladh

Quote from: Zulu on February 14, 2008, 06:30:58 PM
QuoteDIT's win shouldn't be that much of a surprise as they've as much talent as anyone and the doubts about DCU's management are well founded.

What do you mean by this Uladh? I would have thought their backroom team would be of the highest quality. Who is in charge of them by the way?

well, i've been told the same thing time and again about DCU. It always goes something like - they have the have the best players in the country (in uni terms), they have the finest facilities in the country, they have the best support staff for physical preparation, they have leading experts in the fields of pshcology, nutrition and recovery assisting the team. what they don't have is anyone with any tactical or motivational know how along the line.

Captain Scarlet

cheers Homer.
yea there must a sever lack of tactical savvy in dcu. its clearly the only place they could fall short.
as for dit with kilcoyne and vaughan on the go they have a crapload of firepower.
from seeing a few lads on the subs as well they are very strong all over.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Owenmoresider

IT Sligo were a shadow of their former selves, a lot of the big guns moved on, so the beating they got is hardly surprising. Had a great run in the 2002-07 period, for a college of its size.

Mano

The C Harrison playing corner back for Jordanstown is that Sligo's tenacious Charlie Harrison? How is he playing for Jordanstown?

Our Nail Loney

Aye thats Charlie Harrison who played for Sligo last year. He came in on a scholarship this year to UUJ with the likes of Andy Moran, Barry Dunnion, Karl Lacey and James McGovern all the same.

bennydorano

I notice Boylesports, who seemed to be the only bookies offering odds on the Sigerson, have no odds available now ???

Heading to Queens v UUJ on Wed, never been to the Dub before, where exactly is it (more exact than on the Malone rd please)?

Our Nail Loney

Drive down the Malone Road, take a right at the roundabout at House of Sport then drive a good bit down the road til said shops.

Can't wait myself, gonna be some craic, some match as well if last year is anything to go by.

Back to Shaws after seeing as 3 for  a fiver is back

ExiledGael

What time's it at? Would imagine there'll be a few hundred at the very least at this.

descartes

could someone help me out here with times and venues for the quarter finals

i know that QUB Vs Jordanstown so i'm guessing that takes place in belfast somewhere?

And i know that Tralee IT Vs DIT is happening on tralee's campus grounds.

But who are Cork IT playing and where is it taking place? and the same for the Garda College?