Sigerson 2008

Started by shark, December 12, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Big shock that DCU were knocked out. Did they take the 1st round too lightly? Glad I didn't bother with the 7/1 now!

Should be Poly's to lose now but what a quarter final! Half day off work for sure!

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

OakLeaf

Is there anyone going to any of the Sigerson games that would be willing to text updates to the Live Scores service on GAA Radio?  The number to send your texts to is 447624804328. The service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

Zulu

I'll be at UL/GMIT so I'll do it for that game. Just Bump up this thread closer to the games to remind me!

AZOffaly

Zulu

I live in Limerick AZ and have some connections to UL. So I go to as many of their football matches as possible.

AZOffaly

Ah right.

I'm working on campus here, although not affiliated with UL. Alumnus and living in Newport.

Zulu

Did you play a bit of ball there or do you keep an eye on the UL GAA teams now, AZ?

AZOffaly

I keep an eye on the teams. I turned down playing with the Sigerson squad in UL. Biggest mistake I ever made. I thought the load with the Offaly Under 21s and stuff would be too much. I knew Dara O'Cinneide, Mike Hasset and a few of the other lads that did play on the squad.

Malone Aristocrat

Queens will be happy with their win yesterday over what was a very impressive UCG outfit. Queen's full forward line of McCumiskey, O'Neill and O'Rourke was the difference in the end, with a weak galway full backline buckling regularly. although Charlie Vernon, Joe O'Kane and Luke Howard played the Galway dangermen of Duffy, Clancy and Armstrong out of the contest, Queens were taking on water virtually everywhere else. Breathnach and Ronaldson in particular tortured the malone men all day and Broderick showed glimpses of sheer brilliance. 5 points up with time running out, queens were very lucky to hold on through injury time. good to see the polytechnic coasting through! obviously they did a lot of work with lacey, Moran and dunnion to make certain they knew which side to pass to...

shark

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on February 14, 2008, 11:10:11 AM
Queens will be happy with their win yesterday over what was a very impressive UCG outfit. Queen's full forward line of McCumiskey, O'Neill and O'Rourke was the difference in the end, with a weak galway full backline buckling regularly. although Charlie Vernon, Joe O'Kane and Luke Howard played the Galway dangermen of Duffy, Clancy and Armstrong out of the contest, Queens were taking on water virtually everywhere else. Breathnach and Ronaldson in particular tortured the malone men all day and Broderick showed glimpses of sheer brilliance. 5 points up with time running out, queens were very lucky to hold on through injury time. good to see the polytechnic coasting through! obviously they did a lot of work with lacey, Moran and dunnion to make certain they knews which side to pass to...

Broderick is an absolute class player. The fact that he doesnt even bother playing with the Carlow senior team underlines the kind of problems they have. NUIG full back line was always their weakness, and funnily enough they had two inter county corner backs on the bench, Frank Boyle and David Finnegan.

imtommygunn

Who's the ONeill in the Queens FF line? Not the boy from Dromore is it?

Anyone a subscription to Irish news and post the report of either it or / and the poly match?

Malone Aristocrat

Yeah, Shaun O'Neill from Dromore. scored 1-02. I'd never heard of the Broderick lad before and he had fermanagh's niall bogue on him yesterday but he was virtually unmarkable at times. Breathnach gave Justin Crozier a torrid time and Ronaldson from Mayo was superb as well. When i think back over the game its difficult to pinpoint exactly how queens won the game but they got there. who are Frank Boyle and David Finnegan, because the UCG full back line was wiped out?

shark

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on February 14, 2008, 11:32:07 AM
who are Frank Boyle and David Finnegan, because the UCG full back line was wiped out?

Boyle is from Westmeath, has started championship for past two seasons, he is the guy who slipped to allow Mossy Quinn get Dublins goal in the 2006 1/4 final. Finnegan was playing for Galway against Laois last weekend.
The 2 corner backs that started are from Mayo but i dont think either are county players.
That tight game will stand to Queens and the fact that everyone is talking about UUJ now will do them no harm.

Croí na hÉireann

He slipped against Kavanagh last year as well  >:( Does he call himself Frank or Francis???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

He should check his cogs.
If you were any use you'd be playing.