Sigerson 2008

Started by shark, December 12, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Shark

I mean that the last few times I saw him he was both dominant in terms of going after high ball, and grizzled enough to deal with the inevitable skirmish that tends to greet such individuals on landing. Darragh O'Sé is not a great exponent of either of the skills you mentioned, and yet he is one of the most valuable men in the country to have on your side.

From an Offaly perspective, if you offered me a guy like Duffy now, and told me that he would not score a point all year, I would bite your hand off and halve our price to win Leinster there and then. When you don't have a guy like this you become all the more aware how valuable he is.

Croí na hÉireann

True but Duffy is more of the Sean Cavanagh physique than Darragh O'Sé, maybe I'm expecting too much from him. He's certainly come on leaps and bounds since the last time I saw him. If we could pair him with a fit Shaugho and push Flan into FF we might be actually able to do something in Leinster this year...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

snappiered

Any updates from todays games?

AZOffaly

Surely they are on Aertel???

;D ;D ;D

downtown

can u get 2 aertel on the internet or do u no ne scores AZ

AZOffaly

I was joking downtown. Aertel struggle to get Championship matches in the summer correct on their pages. Even those broadcast live on RTE.

edit. If you want to check it out, it is at http://www.rte.ie/aertel

shark

Queens lead NUIG by a point at half time.

Lone Shark

This competition is driving me up the wall. I went to try and go to GMIT vs WIT today, supposedly down for "Galway" and started in GMIT's pitch, and basically went from there to every pitch in the Galway City area trying to find the game. One fella told me Ballybrit, another said Monvea, which I didn't go to since by now it was just after 2 and Monivea was 20 miles away.

Seriously, these are some of the best games that will be held all year, and the GAA tries to hide the shagging things, lest anyone not on first name terms with a player gets to go. Madness.

shark

GMIT normally play in St.James's grounds in Mervue, beside the chruch. Its not the best pitch in the world tho so I woulnt be suprised if it was moved for such a big game.

Lone Shark

It appears DIT have taken out DCU, 1-13 to 0-13. The Gods ain't on my side this year, that's for sure.

bennydorano

f**kin me too >:(, to quote Nicky English, 'if I'd ducks they'd drown'.

Nimbus

That blows it wide open, any word on the Ulster representatives?

downtown

any1 know how queens, st marys and jordanstown got on??

shark

Queens beat NUIG by 1 point. Have no details on actual score.

downtown