Drug seizure

Started by Dubh driocht, September 27, 2023, 08:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubh driocht

Surprised there isn't a thread on this already. A number of notable points; the size and sophistication of the ship(s) carrying the cocaine, the skill and bravery of the defence forces involved and the absence of comments in the UK media on a huge drug seizure which took place close to their coast. The Tories mantra is 'Stop the Boats'; well the Irish have just done that, for the benefit of your citizens as well as ours

general_lee

Where was the vessel bound for? Makes you wonder how much drugs actually get through every week.

Itchy

Quote from: general_lee on September 27, 2023, 10:24:29 PMWhere was the vessel bound for? Makes you wonder how much drugs actually get through every week.

It's been hanging around off the coast of a few countries. Seems like is doing deliveries, like a cartel postman. The boys in Ireland fucked it up by stalling their boat, having no clue what they were at and banking it. That lead the cops to the trawler. I'd say the Irish guys are in big bother now, both with cops and cartel.

Nanderson

Quote from: Itchy on September 27, 2023, 10:31:35 PM
Quote from: general_lee on September 27, 2023, 10:24:29 PMWhere was the vessel bound for? Makes you wonder how much drugs actually get through every week.

It's been hanging around off the coast of a few countries. Seems like is doing deliveries, like a cartel postman. The boys in Ireland fucked it up by stalling their boat, having no clue what they were at and banking it. That lead the cops to the trawler. I'd say the Irish guys are in big bother now, both with cops and cartel.
So was the smaller trawler that ran ashore meant to collect the drugs from the cargo ship?

LeoMc

I was reading something from a former Defence force member. He was saying that a lot of the ships come across with a large device connected by magnets to the underside of the ships hull. When they are in the right area it is just a matter of turning off the magnets and the device drops off the ship. The ship doesn't need to stop and nothing is visible to any observers. The device will typically have a remote or timer controlled charge which will later be blown to allow the drug packages to float to the surface for collection.

Michaela McCollum was old school.

seafoid

The ship was tracked by US intelligence from the moment it left Curacao off the coast of Venezuela. the Irish authorities have been in the loop since then.
The real #WTF is that Ireland has 8 modern navy ships but can only run 2

johnnycool

The Irish lads in question only bought the trawler a week or so ago and evidently had no idea how to sail it and beached it, the other boat seems to have been circling for the hoors to get their act together and were caught in Irish territorial waters.

seafoid

2 tonnes
€157 million
How much blood ?