European Super League

Started by seafoid, April 18, 2021, 08:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

There is certainly no premier league club who'd have turned down the opportunity to join a super league especially Leeds United so their antics last night were comical.

As for PSG the super league doesn't need them but PSG definitely needs the super league. Once the world cup is out of the way they'd be all over it. Bayern are the one super power who don't need it, biggest club in their league by a mile.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 20, 2021, 04:07:40 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 20, 2021, 03:47:56 PM
Fair play to Pep Guardiola but I doubt his greedy owners will pay any attention.

"I'm uncomfortable" talking about this competition, which I only found out about on Sunday

"It is not a sport if success is guaranteed or if it doesn't matter when you lose," he told a news conference.

"I have said many times I want a successful Premier League, not just one team at the top.

"Sport is not sport when the relationship between effort and reward does not exist."

Every bit of creditable information suggests Man City and Chelsea only have joined for fear of being left behind. They will be the two clubs to break it up.

It's the American owners pushing this.

No doubt they are with the long term objective to make theses clubs like the American sport franchises. City with their wealth didn't need to sign up to this pure greed that they did.

seafoid

Liverpool Fans vs FSG is straight outta Scooby doo
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: larryin89 on April 20, 2021, 05:04:11 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 20, 2021, 04:56:44 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 20, 2021, 04:18:55 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 20, 2021, 04:11:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 20, 2021, 02:46:15 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/04/20/boris-johnson-greensill-european-super-league-keir-starmer-lockdown/

Boris Johnson is understood to have told the football authorities in the meeting that the Government should "drop a legislative bomb... now" to prevent the breakaway European Super League, according to multiple reports.

The Prime Minister told them "the Government will not stand by while a small handful of owners create a closed shop", a spokesman said following the meeting.  "He was clear that no action is off the table and the Government is exploring every possibility, including legislative options, to ensure these proposals are stopped."

Measures under consideration include preventing players of the clubs involved getting work visas and the withdrawal of police funding for match days.

The greedy six missed a trick by not making a donation to the Tory party.
The Tories are afraid of working class voters. Boris Johnson wouldn't dare side with the ESL.

Boris and his mates will side with whoever offers them the most money.

Is that all that matters , have we learned nothing through this pandemic time . It's a tragedy this , American manure , they really are a soulless people.

To money men, yes. That's all that matters.

laoislad

Chelsea owners first to backdown apparently.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jell 0 Biafra

Yeah, the 4 teams still in the CL having doubts or not a part of it...

J70

Brilliant.

Hopefully only the first crack

RedHand88

Man City pulling out too!!

Captain Obvious

Boycey

Man City, Chelsea and PSG the saviours of football.... Can't even be bothered with the roll eyes.

quit yo jibbajabba

Pool and Barca expected to pull out now.

Arsenal and Spurs standing strong.

Super 12 being renamed the North London Derby

BennyCake

3 of the 12 pull out already? That happened very easily. Something not quite right about that

Kidder81

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt