Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: JoG2 on May 18, 2021, 12:19:24 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 18, 2021, 12:12:32 PM
The top team that need him most can't afford him.

Liverpool

But Chelsea and Man City with their huge worldwide fan bases can. FFP

Covid has it ripped up. It doesn't exist for all intents and purposes.

tiempo

Surely that young prospect from Kerry must be worth £300,000,000 in todays market, and wages £1,000,000pw surely. Fairs fair drain another fecking oil well ffs and pay the goddamn going rate.

lurganblue

Quote from: tiempo on May 18, 2021, 12:50:07 PM
Surely that young prospect from Kerry must be worth £300,000,000 in todays market, and wages £1,000,000pw surely. Fairs fair drain another fecking oil well ffs and pay the goddamn going rate.

Just a little over what Kerry are paying him then  ;)

BennyCake

Pep has played this season without a no 9. Do they really need Kane, and would they use him as he should be used?

I honestly think If he stays in the PL, he'll go to United.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: BennyCake on May 18, 2021, 02:47:52 PM
Pep has played this season without a no 9. Do they really need Kane, and would they use him as he should be used?

I think he's screwed with the current climate to be honest. City might not want him, United can't (or won't) pay that sort of money and he'll not want to go to Chelsea to ruin things with the Spurs fans. PSG could be the only option for him.

Micah Richards is on BBC saying City should buy Mbappe, Grealish and Halland. How many top end players can a team actually carry and keep them happy? Would Grealish be happy with a bit part role?

lurganblue

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 18, 2021, 03:46:32 PM

I think he's screwed with the current climate to be honest. City might not want him, United can't (or won't) pay that sort of money and he'll not want to go to Chelsea to ruin things with the Spurs fans. PSG could be the only option for him.

Micah Richards is on BBC saying City should buy Mbappe, Grealish and Halland. How many top end players can a team actually carry and keep them happy? Would Grealish be happy with a bit part role?

I have thought Grealish would leave over the past two summers and this is the 1st summer in a while when I think he stays were he is... you know what happens now. The owners have said they will match his ambition.  This summer will tell a major tale for him i'd say.  If the club doesn't show progression then he will do what Kane has just done IMO.  Yeah, I would say he would back himself to be a major player at a side like city, or any CL team.

shark

There won't be much liquidity in the market. One big transfer could have some sort of domino effect - but it's hard to see how it plays out. Kane, Haaland, Mbappe, Sancho, etc. They can't all move clubs. Barca and Madrid will only be able to buy big if they are willing to borrow at hefty interest rates. Doesn't seem like the most prudent move right now.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: lurganblue on May 18, 2021, 04:02:31 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 18, 2021, 03:46:32 PM

I have thought Grealish would leave over the past two summers and this is the 1st summer in a while when I think he stays were he is... you know what happens now. The owners have said they will match his ambition.  This summer will tell a major tale for him i'd say.  If the club doesn't show progression then he will do what Kane has just done IMO.  Yeah, I would say he would back himself to be a major player at a side like city, or any CL team.

I think he stays to be honest. If he goes to United or Liverpool he plays every week but City have so many players in that area there's only so many can play. Look at Mahrez there. He's starts twice as many games everywhere but Liverpool.

Cunny Funt

It's unlikely Man United will blow their transfer budget on expensive striker and be left with Lindelof, Fred and McTominay as regular starters but then again it's business men overseeing transfers at the club.  According to a number of journalists Uniteds transfer budget will likely be 120 to 150m this summer and its doubtful if the Glazers even release that type revenue money for signings.

Priority signings for United before a striker are a centre back (in talks with Varane) Centre defensive midfielder (Declan Rice strongly linked) right sided winger (Sancho a possibility if Dortmund cut the price down to 80m or less.

I doubt Man City will splash out 120m on one player, their record transfer was De Bruyne for around 70m,  City always score goals for fun the main issues was defensively and since Pep arrived they have spent many millions to repair that defence. After many misfits the Dias signing has greatly improved them from the side that finished 18 points off the top of PL and knocked out of the CL by Lyon last season.

Liverpool under the shrewd Michael Edwards will likely sign a bargain priced striker from Spain or Italy who will end up scoring more goals for whatever club Kane plays for next season.

If I was to bet I'd say Kane will either join Chelsea or stay with Spurs. PSG perhaps an option also if Pochettino is kept on for another season.

rodney trotter

I couldn't see Kane at Chelsea. They are another London rival of Spurs. At least the Manchester clubs would be another part of England.

I think if Guardiola really wants him he'll make the move. It's a proven scorer in the League, not paying big for someone in Italy or Spain.

Rich Ricci

VAR may have made a c**k up there. Doesn't look like Fernandes touched that. Glorious finish from Cavani all the same.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Rich Ricci on May 18, 2021, 06:25:00 PM
VAR may have made a c**k up there. Doesn't look like Fernandes touched that. Glorious finish from Cavani all the same.
VAR giving United a decision that shouldn't have been given? No. Surely not...

David McKeown

What is the role or VAR there.  Are they entitled to figure out who touched it or do they go on who the ref thinks touched it.  If its the ref does it have to be clear and obvious for them to overturn
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

GiveItToTheShooters

It is clear and obvious because the replays show Penandes didn't touch the ball and therefore Cavani was about 3 yards offside when De Gea played the ball.
Yet they still gave it anyway, cos United.

Rich Ricci

Quote from: David McKeown on May 18, 2021, 06:45:52 PM

What is the role or VAR there.  Are they entitled to figure out who touched it or do they go on who the ref thinks touched it.  If its the ref does it have to be clear and obvious for them to overturn

Honestly with VAR these days who knows. Saw this from an ESPN journalist on Twitter:

" I'm told the VAR didn't have definitive evidence from several angles that Fernandes didn't touch the ball (which was needed for Cavani to be ruled offside)."