Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Sheffield United officially relegated tonight with six games to spare. They finished 9th last season.

Norwich promoted back to the Premier league.

Milltown Row2

City didn't want to win that today, if City play Chelsea in CL final I'd fancy City, the league game between these two I fancy Chelsea.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2021, 10:32:48 PM
City didn't want to win that today, if City play Chelsea in CL final I'd fancy City, the league game between these two I fancy Chelsea.

Yeah they probably wanted to avoid either Leicester or Southampton in the final!  ::)

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2021, 10:32:48 PM

That's ridiculous.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Does anyone think City put out their best team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Not sure if you understand how it works when you're fighting for trophies on multiple strands.

You rest your best players as best you can for the trophies you prioritise but you definitely don't go out not to win a game at that level. Weird thinking.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2021, 11:45:28 PM
Not sure if you understand how it works when you're fighting for trophies on multiple strands.

You rest your best players as best you can for the trophies you prioritise but you definitely don't go out not to win a game at that level. Weird thinking.

So I'll ask the question again, it's very simple, did City play their best team?

They have won the league, PP gave paid out months ago. So they are playing a final (LC) against Spurs, been known for ages. They have managed to get to semifinal of CL, one good performance will win it, they have the toughest semi. The FA cup against a team they should beat and they make 6/7 changes.

Utd won the treble by playing their best team that was available for every game in the latter stages. But sure Pep knows what he's doing

ONeill

But you said they didn't want to win.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2021, 07:00:26 PM
First team to really boss City this year from what I've seen. Chelsea could certainly push on in the league and grab 4th
Did you watch United make wee boys of City a few weeks back?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2021, 12:05:00 AM
I did, if they wanted to win they'd put out their best team.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2021, 12:44:59 AM
Lol. Moronic comment.
Sure to hell with every other player outside their "supposed" first 11.
City should play the whole season and take part in 4 competitions with 11 players, that's more than enough.

GetOverTheBar

Chelsea could actually win the Champions League.....good job Sid is banned at the moment he would be blowing a gasket.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 18, 2021, 01:28:28 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2021, 12:44:59 AM
Lol. Moronic comment.
Sure to hell with every other player outside their "supposed" first 11.
City should play the whole season and take part in 4 competitions with 11 players, that's more than enough.

The league is won, so your comment about the 'whole' season is daft , rest players or change your squad for the reaming league games, but the cup competitions at the latter stages you play your best team. He didn't, his gamble didn't pay off and they lost.

Spurs will be hoping they play the same team next week. I've a mate who's a life long City supporter, grew up in view of Main rd. he's raging Pep don't put out his best team.

From the Bunker

Sometimes your best team is your freshest team!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 18, 2021, 09:37:46 AM
Sometimes your best team is your freshest team!

If the freshest team don't play the right system then it gives the other team a chance, Chelsea are chasing 4th, FA cup and CL.  They played their best team, and won the game.

In fairness to Pep, his 'second' would beat must teams

Personally I'm happy they lost, that's one less trophy my mate won't be bragging about.

Sterling, and Torres were invisible, I didn't even realise Sterling was on.