Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: trileacman on February 20, 2021, 07:15:50 PM
Don't know how a ref can see that twice and think it's a penalty
Yeah crazy decision, never a penalty.Not sure Liverpool would have equalised anyway but that peno didn't help.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

A penalty all day long, the game is now non-contact. And if there's no contact, you create contact.

thewobbler

Quote from: J70 on February 20, 2021, 07:25:53 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 20, 2021, 07:24:39 PM
Why would a foul in the box not be a penalty?

The only thing stopping Calvert Lewin reaching the ball was that interjection by TAA. Whether he meant it or not surely does not matter?

Trent has eyes on the back of his head, does he?

You do understand that an accidental foul is still a foul, don't you?

Hell hath no fury like a VAR decision when Liverpool are involved

screenexile

The only thing stopping Calvert Lewin reaching the ball was that interjection by TAA. Whether he meant it or not surely does not matter?

Don't understand how that makes a difference?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rich Ricci

Whether you agree with it or not they've obviously been told to give these type of fouls. David Luiz was sent off for one he knew even less about against Wolves.

J70

Quote from: thewobbler on February 20, 2021, 07:27:47 PM

You do understand that an accidental foul is still a foul, don't you?

Hell hath no fury like a VAR decision when Liverpool are involved

If you're right, it's a different sport to the one I grew up watching and playing.

So you can now try to hurdle over an opponent on the ground, from behind, when he can't see you, and it's a foul.

f**king joke.

And spare me the Liverpool shite. From what I saw, Everton deserved the win. I'd say the same for any team, e.g. those ludicrous handball decisions early in the season before the rules were changed.

thewobbler

It wasn't that long ago that Liverpool secured opener in the Champions League final courtesy of a penalty, the result of Mane kicking the ball point blank against Sissoko's arm - which was where an arm should be.

Was it deserved? No. Could Sissoko have behaved differently in same situation? No. Did it tilt the balance of match immeasurably  in Liverpool's favour? Yes. By the letter of the law, was the decision correct? Yes.

What'a good for goose is good for gander.

Milltown Row2

Let's not let the penalty be the reason they lost. Some blaming the wind WTF! It was blowing for both teams I'd imagine.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Ancelotti can fairly raise those eyebrows, especially in the wind.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Quote from: thewobbler on February 20, 2021, 07:38:04 PM
It wasn't that long ago that Liverpool secured opener in the Champions League final courtesy of a penalty, the result of Mane kicking the ball point blank against Sissoko's arm - which was where an arm should be.

Was it deserved? No. Could Sissoko have behaved differently in same situation? No. Did it tilt the balance of match immeasurably  in Liverpool's favour? Yes. By the letter of the law, was the decision correct? Yes.

What'a good for goose is good for gander.

I didn't agree with the Sissoko penalty.

Have said so on this board several times. The changes to the handball rules over the past few years are a joke.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2021, 07:41:17 PM
Let's not let the penalty be the reason they lost. Some blaming the wind WTF! It was blowing for both teams I'd imagine.

Is anyone blaming the penalty? At least here?

You can think the penalty award was stupid at the same time as admitting Everton deserved it due to Liverpool's toothlessness up front.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on February 20, 2021, 07:46:34 PM

You can think the penalty award was stupid at the same time as admitting Everton deserved it due to Liverpool's toothlessness up front.

The penalty was correct, the law may be wrong but these players know the rules and consequences that follow, there would be an acceptance from the Liverpool support had same decision went for them.

I'd be more concerned with what's happening on the training ground

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2021, 07:56:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 20, 2021, 07:46:34 PM

The penalty was correct, the law may be wrong but these players know the rules and consequences that follow, there would be an acceptance from the Liverpool support had same decision went for them.

I'd be more concerned with what's happening on the training ground

I look forward to hearing the logic the PL will put out this week on the penalty, assuming they defend it.

thewobbler

To be honest, I'd much prefer if obstruction / indirect free kicks were expanded to include things like clearly accidental handball, and being unable to move out of the way because you're prone on on the ground.

But until then, today's incident involves physical contact that prevented an attacker gaining an advantage. It's a foul. It will be easily explained by the PL