Author Topic: European Leagues.  (Read 137465 times)

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
Re: European Leagues.
« Reply #1635 on: March 10, 2021, 08:50:43 AM »
Seen it time and time again but the pen Porto won should not be a pen, they shouldn't be given; Thought the ref was very poor all night.

Listening to 'Fletch' and 'Sav' was very painful. Thankfully the game made up for it.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 10, 2021, 09:17:56 AM »
Incredible game, incredible performance from 10 man Porto to win that. Just kept going for it the whole night. Pepe, at 38, was utterly immense for a team that conceded 3 times.
That wall though! FFS.

Ronaldo turned his back.

Went to bed when Juve "drew" in the second period of extra time, Porto were out on their feet.

I thought away goals didn't count in extra time but there you go.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: March 10, 2021, 09:49:22 AM »
Seen it time and time again but the pen Porto won should not be a pen, they shouldn't be given; Thought the ref was very poor all night.

Listening to 'Fletch' and 'Sav' was very painful. Thankfully the game made up for it.

What about the one not given in extra time when Cuadrado handled it?
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Mike Tyson

• View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: March 10, 2021, 09:57:40 AM »
Looking at the Juventus line up, that's a poor team. Fair play to Porto, will probably get City, Bayern or PSG in the next round as their reward lol.

Rich Ricci

• View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: March 10, 2021, 10:11:00 AM »
Pirlo bound to be under pressure now especially given their league position??

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: March 10, 2021, 02:47:02 PM »

That was the best game of soccer I have watched in quite a while. The pace and skill and commitment was outstanding and it makes the PL look like a second rate competition.

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 10, 2021, 03:00:21 PM »

That was the best game of soccer I have watched in quite a while. The pace and skill and commitment was outstanding and it makes the PL look like a second rate competition.

Is the premier league not widely accepted as being behind the champions league in terms of quality? It stands to reason that the competition with all the best teams in Europe will be of higher quality than the competition with all the best teams in England.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 10, 2021, 03:04:23 PM »
The first half of the the game last night was crap lads, admittedly when Chiesa scored a game took place thereafter.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 10, 2021, 04:16:40 PM »

Knockout stage of the CL is the best football about IMO. The groups I could take or leave.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 10, 2021, 08:52:33 PM »
Eventful night for Messi so far, from a wonder strike to a missed penalty.

Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea will all likely knock Porto out if drawn against them in the Quarter finals.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:40:59 PM by Captain Obvious »

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: March 10, 2021, 09:57:57 PM »

Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea will all likely knock Porto out if drawn against them in the Quarter finals.

Iím sure Juventus thought all they had to do was turn up when paired with Porto.

Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: March 10, 2021, 10:11:18 PM »

Iím sure Juventus thought all they had to do was turn up when paired with Porto.

Under a rookie in Pirlo that's likely. Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel will have their sides well tuned in.

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 11, 2021, 10:46:48 AM »

Is the premier league not widely accepted as being behind the champions league in terms of quality? It stands to reason that the competition with all the best teams in Europe will be of higher quality than the competition with all the best teams in England.

PL is s..t to watch this year, ok Iím a LFC fan but the amount of teams Iíve watched this year dug in there own half and crowding out attacks is terrible viewing.
Itís pragmatism gone mad and thank God for some CL football where most teams like to attack.

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: March 11, 2021, 10:51:20 AM »

PL is s..t to watch this year, ok Iím a LFC fan but the amount of teams Iíve watched this year dug in there own half and crowding out attacks is terrible viewing.
Itís pragmatism gone mad and thank God for some CL football where most teams like to attack. Anyone dissing Scottish football and favor of PL is arguing about a Morris minor over an allegro. Even thinking back last year when we won the PL it is nothing like the nights you watch the CL games like the beating of Barcelona 4 nil that night or of course Istanbul. Maybe itís because the stands are empty but this years PL has been hard to watch who ever is playing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 10:53:01 AM by north_antrim_hound »

Baile BrigŪn 2

• View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 12, 2021, 12:34:24 PM »

I think his point is that the EPL is dogshit at the minute