The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: Armamike on May 16, 2021, 11:40:09 PM
Crazy.  Never seen anything like that.  First time in Liverpool's history the keeper scores.
great finish, some header, as much as it pains me to say it 😂
nil satis nisi optimum

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 16, 2021, 11:48:02 PM
Crazy.  Never seen anything like that.  First time in Liverpool's history the keeper scores.

I think I saw somewhere too that it was the first time in PL history that a keeper he scored the winner. Bobby obviously teaching his compatriot his heading skills!

macker15

Liverpool interview with Alisson after ♥️♥️

Hound

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 17, 2021, 09:02:57 AM

I think I saw somewhere too that it was the first time in PL history that a keeper he scored the winner. Bobby obviously teaching his compatriot his heading skills!
I'd say it's very rare that keepers go up when the scores are level. Statistically there's probably more chance of losing a point than gaining two. But in Liverpool's case, it was obviously worth the risk given the circumstances.

Sky said it's the 3rd goal by a keeper from a corner in PL history. Schmichael scored a lovely volley for united v Villa, but that only made it 2-3, which was how it finished.
Friedel poked one in for Blackburn for a late equalizer v Charlton. But Charlton immediately went up and got the winner.

So it's the first time in PL history that a keeper going up for a corner has given any benefit to his team in terms of points.

There's also been 3 other goals from keepers in PL history from long clearances.

imtommygunn

Tim Howard scored one once. Not sure who the other ones were.

Hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2021, 09:38:47 AM
Paul Robinson for sure, and I think Adrian was the third. Robinson the only one of the three to be on the winning side.

imtommygunn

Ah yes I vaguely remember the Robinson one now. Have never seen the Adrian one.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2021, 09:38:47 AM

With the wind at his back, he booted it from a kickoff and the Bolton Keeper, a young Bogdan misjudged the bounce and it went in over his head..

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2021, 09:42:48 AM
Ah yes I vaguely remember the Robinson one now. Have never seen the Adrian one.

It was Begovic for Stoke, not Adrian.

A long clearance on a windy day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ut9dfvgurHY

shark

Quote from: Hound on May 17, 2021, 09:37:32 AM

I'd say it's very rare that keepers go up when the scores are level. Statistically there's probably more chance of losing a point than gaining two. But in Liverpool's case, it was obviously worth the risk given the circumstances.

Sky said it's the 3rd goal by a keeper from a corner in PL history. Schmichael scored a lovely volley for united v Villa, but that only made it 2-3, which was how it finished.
Friedel poked one in for Blackburn for a late equalizer v Charlton. But Charlton immediately went up and got the winner.

So it's the first time in PL history that a keeper going up for a corner has given any benefit to his team in terms of points.

There's also been 3 other goals from keepers in PL history from long clearances.

Schmichael scored for Villa, against Everton.

Hound

Quote from: shark on May 17, 2021, 09:53:08 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 17, 2021, 09:37:32 AM

Schmichael scored for Villa, against Everton.
Thank you sir. I was clearly a bit drunk 🥴

laoislad

Not Premier League but a keeper called Jimmy Glass scored a last minute goal to keep Carlisle United in the Football League, I remember watching it on Soccer Saturday when he scored.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Pat Jennings scored one for Spurs in 1967 in the Charity Shield against United with a big hoof up the pitch!  Pity Fearon isn't on the Board anymore as he would regale us about his memory of it and how he spoke with Pat and got his photograph and told him how he was his greatest ever fan and that he should have gone to Celtic and definitely should not have joined Arsenal and, and, and.....

quit yo jibbajabba

Think once Pat scored he looked to the crowd saw big Tony and said that ones for you matey

😉

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 17, 2021, 11:40:07 AM
Think once Pat scored he looked to the crowd saw big Tony and said that ones for you matey

😉
Absolutely and he sent him a signed and framed copy of his menu from the team breakfast which Tony has pride of place beside his 11+ results and his Holy Communion certificate but behind his Kellogg's Cornflakes 'Spot the Egg' winning plastic egg cup....