The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Some stats on Liverpool @ Anfield since the start of 2021.

Three goals after 130 odd attempts according to BT Sports last night.

That's unreal.

TabClear

Quote from: johnnycool on April 15, 2021, 11:42:52 AM

That's unreal.

Its incredible. Especially when you think back to how clinical they were against Palace.  There have been a few good goalkeeping performances in there but by and large the forwards just have not taken their chances.

The other thing is that in my opinion that number should be even higher. Because of the way teams set up against Liverpool there are times when I have been pleading for players to shoot from outside the box but that rarely happens. Usually the ball just gets recycled. The last player we had that scored regularly from range was Coutinho. Fabinho can strike a ball but he is generally too far back.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 15, 2021, 07:40:12 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 14, 2021, 10:24:19 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 14, 2021, 10:19:20 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 14, 2021, 10:12:22 PM
Take your chances and you're through quite handily tonight. Lost the tie in the first leg.
Gives us now a free run at the league games.
Top 4 considering the injury and VAR circumstances throughout the season would be a great result and best possible outcome.
VAR? Christ.
Yes.
Oh yeah I forgot VAR is only used in Liverpool games and specifically to f**k over Liverpool.
Got the second part right.

J70

Take your chances and you're through quite handily tonight. Lost the tie in the first leg.
Top 4 considering the injury and VAR circumstances throughout the season would be a great result and best possible outcome.
VAR? Christ.
Yes.
Oh yeah I forgot VAR is only used in Liverpool games and specifically to f**k over Liverpool.

Where did he say that?

Nevertheless, Liverpool have absolutely been on the end of some ludicrous VAR calls this year.

They're joint top, along with WBA, for net decisions against, so far this year. Some of those were obviously correct, but some of them were a joke.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4182135/how-var-decisions-affected-every-premier-league-club-in-2020-21

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnnycool on April 15, 2021, 11:42:52 AM

That's unreal.

Even when Liverpool where winning their goals scored from chances created where low. Now their build up play is so much slower it's even worse. When's the last time they where shooting and the opposition  defense was out of shape.
Also some big players are just not good enough this year.
Bobby has been brutal and Mane always seems to on his arse against Real Madrid
Long gone are the days when running at a defense with break neck pace instead we have this recycle and slow build up. Hard to watch and not really productive. It's worth mentioning TAA he's had a poor season but was outstanding last night as was Gene
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2021, 12:04:01 PM
VAR? Christ.
Yes.

Where did he say that?

Nevertheless, Liverpool have absolutely been on the end of some ludicrous VAR calls this year.

They're joint top, along with WBA, for net decisions against, so far this year. Some of those were obviously correct, but some of them were a joke.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4182135/how-var-decisions-affected-every-premier-league-club-in-2020-21
United got fecked by it multiple times this year, recently McTominay at the weekend. Liverpool won loads of points last year from VAR decisions. It's swings and roundabouts. Personally I'd scrap the whole thing- not being able to celebrate a goal for fear someones eyebrow was offside is killing the game.

north_antrim_hound

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

GiveItToTheShooters

VAR? Christ.
Yes.

Where did he say that?

Exactly. That doesn't suit the manc's agenda though.

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 15, 2021, 12:41:00 PM
VAR? Christ.
Yes.

Where did he say that?

United got fecked by it multiple times this year, recently McTominay at the weekend. Liverpool won loads of points last year from VAR decisions. It's swings and roundabouts. Personally I'd scrap the whole thing- not being able to celebrate a goal for fear someones eyebrow was offside is killing the game.

According to this end of season analysis, United came out ahead of Liverpool last year in favourable VAR decisions. Subjective decisions were 6-2 in their favour. Liverpool's subjective decisions score was 1-1.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/3929823/how-var-decisions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club

But yes, I agree VAR is killing the game.

These millimetre offsides are laughable and have to be reformed this summer.

And while not technically a VAR issue, they should go back to sensible handball rules (haven't had a controversial handball in a while, so we're due one any week now!). They at least pulled back from the nonsensical interpretations of the first few weeks (e.g. the ones against Spurs, the Lindelof one), but it still looks like the musings of people who have never actually played a game of football even at the basest, crappiest pub team level.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 15, 2021, 12:47:45 PM
Anyone thinks VAR has been consistent to all teams this year is deluded
https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/ranking-the-premier-league-clubs-by-who-is-most-affected-by-var-in-2020-21/

You did read this? I don't think it showed the decisions should have been changed, ended up being the correct call.

Injuries and team form have let Liverpool down this year, VAR has let most teams down with their calls, rightly or wrongly...

Top 4 for Liverpool and this being the only avenue into the CL next year (If Utd win the EL will that give an extra spot in the CL to English teams?) should spare Liverpool on to get that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 15, 2021, 01:15:53 PM
https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/ranking-the-premier-league-clubs-by-who-is-most-affected-by-var-in-2020-21/

You did read this? I don't think it showed the decisions should have been changed, ended up being the correct call.

Injuries and team form have let Liverpool down this year, VAR has let most teams down with their calls, rightly or wrongly...

Top 4 for Liverpool and this being the only avenue into the CL next year (If Utd win the EL will that give an extra spot in the CL to English teams?) should spare Liverpool on to get that

Don't think United winning the EL would affect it as they're guaranteed 2nd in league at this point.

If Chelsea finish outside top 4 and win CL, or Arsenal win EL, THEN England gets an extra spot.

I think...

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2021, 02:55:07 PM

Don't think United winning the EL would affect it as they're guaranteed 2nd in league at this point.

If Chelsea finish outside top 4 and win CL, or Arsenal win EL, THEN England gets an extra spot.

I think...
I saw something somewhere that the opposite would happen - they'd lose the 4th place spot. Max of 5 teams from one country. Can't remember where I saw that.

Armagh18

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 15, 2021, 12:56:39 PM
VAR? Christ.
Yes.

Where did he say that?

Oh god are you one of those scouse fans that think theres a big conspiracy against Liverpool? Christ.

Cavan19

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 15, 2021, 03:08:21 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 15, 2021, 12:56:39 PM
VAR? Christ.
Yes.

Where did he say that?

Oh god are you one of those scouse fans that think theres a big conspiracy against Liverpool? Christ.

Lots of them around.

J70

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on April 15, 2021, 02:58:22 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2021, 02:55:07 PM

I think...
I saw something somewhere that the opposite would happen - they'd lose the 4th place spot. Max of 5 teams from one country. Can't remember where I saw that.

Makes sense, but I presume it would be only if Chelsea finish outside top 4/win CL AND Arsenal win EL?

Luckily Leicester are being sucked back into the fight as well.