Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

What's going on with Conn Kilpatrick? If he's still there why is he being so under used. It doesn't bode well for him if he's not getting chances in an area of the field where we are very weak.

smort

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 25, 2021, 12:18:25 PM
What's going on with Conn Kilpatrick? If he's still there why is he being so under used. It doesn't bode well for him if he's not getting chances in an area of the field where we are very weak.

You would have to imagine the likes of Kilpatrick could be injured. Quite likely that a few guys that haven't featured have picked up injuries after the long lay off

MC

Always thought Meyler was very good but the role he has been given under Harte and now D&L doesn't allow him to shine - he does a lot of unseen work.
The only thing I think he needs to improve on is keeping out of any daft verbals - we conceded a goal against Dublin with a quick line ball whilst he was distracted with some nonsense.
Speaks volumes that Harte and now D&L obviously rate him.

Angelo

Quote from: MC on May 25, 2021, 04:41:36 PM
Always thought Meyler was very good but the role he has been given under Harte and now D&L doesn't allow him to shine - he does a lot of unseen work.
The only thing I think he needs to improve on is keeping out of any daft verbals - we conceded a goal against Dublin with a quick line ball whilst he was distracted with some nonsense.

We seem to have a bit of a problem in the past couple of years of having a lot of frees brought in for dissent. Now I can understand the frustration sometimes about it. Rory Brennan was carrying the ball out on Saturday and must have been fouled about 3 times and was then pulled for overcarrying, he was quite understandably frustrating but let Gough know about it and he duly brought it in. It probably happens two or three times a game with us.

I think Gough has a real set against us at this point, when you consider some of the fouling he let go on out the pitch and then the penalty he gave against Burns..... I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty but it was certainly of the very soft variety and quite out of kilter in what he was allowing happen out the pitch. There's been a number of games now where he has tended to be a lot harsher on Tyrone in the tackling department than the opposition.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Angelo on May 25, 2021, 06:51:30 PM

We seem to have a bit of a problem in the past couple of years of having a lot of frees brought in for dissent. Now I can understand the frustration sometimes about it. Rory Brennan was carrying the ball out on Saturday and must have been fouled about 3 times and was then pulled for overcarrying, he was quite understandably frustrating but let Gough know about it and he duly brought it in. It probably happens two or three times a game with us.

I think Gough has a real set against us at this point, when you consider some of the fouling he let go on out the pitch and then the penalty he gave against Burns..... I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty but it was certainly of the very soft variety and quite out of kilter in what he was allowing happen out the pitch. There's been a number of games now where he has tended to be a lot harsher on Tyrone in the tackling department than the opposition.

Gough wasn't as bad as McQuillan but he still wasn't great. Coldrick this week so don't be expecting much better.
Wasn't much talk about the disallowed goal - good ball from Burns to pick out Sludden. Was Donaghy definitely in the square when the ball was kicked - not so sure from one of the angles.

Angelo

Quote from: inroundthesquare on May 25, 2021, 07:00:23 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 25, 2021, 06:51:30 PM

Gough wasn't as bad as McQuillan but he still wasn't great. Coldrick this week so don't be expecting much better.
Wasn't much talk about the disallowed goal - good ball from Burns to pick out Sludden. Was Donaghy definitely in the square when the ball was kicked - not so sure from one of the angles.

I'd say Donaghy probably was just inside but the camera angles didn't seem to be conclusive.

Yeah probably one of Burns better moments. I actually think Burns is a decent player but on his recent performances he hasn't done enough to start and he's not an intercounty midfielder.

Sludden had a good impact off the bench I thought, was very busy and picked up some good positions.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Under Lights

What changes are we expecting to the team this week.

RedHand88

Quote from: Under Lights on May 27, 2021, 07:23:31 AM
What changes are we expecting to the team this week.

Angelo has got a late call up for full forward.

Under Lights

Could see Sludden starting WHB
McKenna maybe to midfield

southtyronegael

I'd be surprised if we see burns starting.

Under Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 27, 2021, 08:39:58 AM
I'd be surprised if we see burns starting.

What you thinking STG?
McKenna and Richie MF Saturday evening?

southtyronegael

Either Mattie or Richard Donnelly or mc Kenna to midfield . Richie best kick passer but not very mobile. MC Kenna very mobile but not great kicker yet. Mattie has both so I'd go with him.

nrico2006

Richie Donnelly hasn't really shown anything consistently to show he should be at this level. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

Mattie
McKenna
Donaghy
Dazza
Meyler
Bradley
McShane/McAliskey/Richie
Canavan

Taylor

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 28, 2021, 08:43:46 AM
Mattie
McKenna
Donaghy
Dazza
Meyler
Bradley
McShane/McAliskey/Richie
Canavan

McKenna is really struggling with form however what concerns me more is his body language.

At times he has seemed defeated almost and resigned to the fact that nothing is going for him.

I think having him start on the bench this weekend and then come on may invigorate him/give him the kick up the arse to get him going.

Canavan, Bradley & McCurry have to start.