Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: Shanemulholland on March 09, 2015, 10:03:10 PM
Courtney the man who told us Poacher was off to Annaclone :'(
Idiot. quality inside info you have.

Yiz are givin this amadán too much airplay lads. Ignore.
The Aristocrat Years

Mourne Rover

PaulD's selection may not be too far off the mark, as Collins is very likely to start and both O'Hagan and McArdle must be doubtful. However, Madine and Fitzpatrick could be closer to fitness and Ryan Johnston will hopefully be back in the squad.

An extra defender is an absolute necessity so McKernan will probably be named in the half forwards but play at sweeper. McConville has made a huge difference coming off the bench, so McCorry may keep him in that role.

Smurfy123

Great win for Down at the weekend.Lucky but as the saying goes a win is a win.Thought all the new lads done very well and deserve a starting place on Sunday.Surely Ryan Mallon is an option for midfield as we are struggling very badly in that area.

outback

Quote from: T O Hare on March 09, 2015, 08:28:55 PM
Quote from: Courtney on March 09, 2015, 02:26:10 PM
What a comeback yesterday , really getting a good feeling so far but concerned with lack of physical presence up front.
Rumours flying about minors in turmoil .
The set up is finished and ex senior manager is coming in to take over.PO was put back in to county to take over minors in few years but looks like he is in now ,a little earlier than planned.
Things are at an all time low , morale among the squad and confidence in the set up all but gone.

Did you not get picked by the minor management?? Because your talking absolute shite.
Maybe it's a relation of his.. The only thing this lunatic would get picked for is the "funny farm". Go away Coutrney.

Petergriffin1

Who do we think the six teams to go down will be?
For me it is Clan na bana, Liatrom, Clonduff, Downpatrick, Glenn and a toss up between the point and the stone? thoughts???

Down Follower

Clonduff and Downpatrick are likely to stay up. Better bets to be involved would be Ballyholland, Saval and Rostrevor.

clowry13

From a clonduff man i dont see us going down whatsoever? a good year last year in terms of scoring form + getting through championship group, inevitably being knocked out by county champions? if i was to guess i would say this is a kilcoo/bridge man posting their wishes of a successful club rival like clonduff to go down?   ???

Petergriffin1

Quote from: Down Follower on March 10, 2015, 02:03:25 PM
Clonduff and Downpatrick are likely to stay up. Better bets to be involved would be Ballyholland, Saval and Rostrevor.

I understand what your saying with the harps, depends on how they set up for me though! but cant see Saval going down. Good fowards and a solid defence, i see them finishing around 9th

clowry13

Quote from: PAULD123 on March 09, 2015, 04:03:15 PM
After yesterday's game I think the main worry is the inability to pass a ball accurately. We kicked away a lot of possession. That is nothing to do with talent, height, experience or any of the things we may not be blessed with. Even club players are expected to be able to pass a ball 20 yards accurately.

Apart from that, our midfield presence is very worrying and the inability to prevent teams coming right through the middle of our defence. We need a strong No.6 to hold that area.

I personally didn't think that lack of height held our full forward line back at all. Thought they were our best unit. Big Turley did a great job of holding midfield together more-or-less by himself. I cannot understand why big Arthur is not given a start. Packie Downey deserves a shot at midfield although Ryan Mallon should really be given first call against Westmeath due to his experience.

Ryan Boyle is a very good attacking half back but he is no corner back and should not have been played there. having said that he should at least have tried to get closer to his man. I would like to see big Arthur in at half forward, Devlin move up and O'Hanlon drop back, three from McKernan, Garvey, O'Hanlon, Boyle, and O'Hagan at half back, Mallon or Downey into midfield,

Kane

Howard - D Turley - Collins

McKernan - Garvey - O'Hanlon/Boyle/O'Hagan

Downey/Mallon - P Turley

McConville - Poland - Devlin

Laverty - McGarry - O'Hare

I must admit I don't know if D Turley is the right man for fullback but don't see any obvious contender. But on recent showing he is big, strong but not adept enough for corner back.

I do not agree with that team to be totally honest. I think that conor garvey is the best full back we have. I also think peter fitzpatrick needs to be in the middle along with mooney coming in instead of mcconville. Also, mcgarry never proved himself last in divison 2 also he didnt perform to standard on sunday! jerome johnson into the full forward line.

clowry13

Quote from: Courtney on March 09, 2015, 02:26:10 PM
What a comeback yesterday , really getting a good feeling so far but concerned with lack of physical presence up front.
Rumours flying about minors in turmoil .
The set up is finished and ex senior manager is coming in to take over.PO was put back in to county to take over minors in few years but looks like he is in now ,a little earlier than planned.
Things are at an all time low , morale among the squad and confidence in the set up all but gone.

Courtney.. was your son dropped from minors you seem to have something against the dowm minors this year when they are still only in trial matches.

5 Sams

Hearing on the grapevine that Liam Doyle has retired from intercounty football. Rolls Royce of a player blighted by injury.
The Aristocrat Years

our_fella

Quote from: clowry13 on March 10, 2015, 02:19:19 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on March 09, 2015, 04:03:15 PM
After yesterday's game I think the main worry is the inability to pass a ball accurately. We kicked away a lot of possession. That is nothing to do with talent, height, experience or any of the things we may not be blessed with. Even club players are expected to be able to pass a ball 20 yards accurately.

Apart from that, our midfield presence is very worrying and the inability to prevent teams coming right through the middle of our defence. We need a strong No.6 to hold that area.

I personally didn't think that lack of height held our full forward line back at all. Thought they were our best unit. Big Turley did a great job of holding midfield together more-or-less by himself. I cannot understand why big Arthur is not given a start. Packie Downey deserves a shot at midfield although Ryan Mallon should really be given first call against Westmeath due to his experience.

Ryan Boyle is a very good attacking half back but he is no corner back and should not have been played there. having said that he should at least have tried to get closer to his man. I would like to see big Arthur in at half forward, Devlin move up and O'Hanlon drop back, three from McKernan, Garvey, O'Hanlon, Boyle, and O'Hagan at half back, Mallon or Downey into midfield,

Kane

Howard - D Turley - Collins

McKernan - Garvey - O'Hanlon/Boyle/O'Hagan

Downey/Mallon - P Turley

McConville - Poland - Devlin

Laverty - McGarry - O'Hare

I must admit I don't know if D Turley is the right man for fullback but don't see any obvious contender. But on recent showing he is big, strong but not adept enough for corner back.

I do not agree with that team to be totally honest. I think that conor garvey is the best full back we have. I also think peter fitzpatrick needs to be in the middle along with mooney coming in instead of mcconville. Also, mcgarry never proved himself last in divison 2 also he didnt perform to standard on sunday! jerome johnson into the full forward line.

Jesus effing christ. It was the lads debut ffs. You expect 2-10 out of him or something? Muppet

Dubh driocht

One feature of Sunday was the best ever half-time game featuring young Gaeilgors from Mourne. Fair play to the coaches involved as these wee lads were mustard.

clowry13

I see saval staying up. Although warrenpoint have shown that they have the Young talent for division 1. It will be a massive season for CPN as they need to show the talent of the 2 u.21 titles.
With 6 teams going down it will be a massive dog fight with 8 or 9 teams all fight relegation I would say! Big season ahead.

lucan

clean up your language OUR FELLA