Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermPundit

Quote from: Caid on October 12, 2009, 02:45:33 PM
Division 3 next year isn't going to be easy and could produce some decent games

Yeah, it'll be a very competitive division with all teams capable of beating one another. Although we did well at this level two years ago so hopefully the same will happen next year.

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 12, 2009, 01:48:08 PM
away to Cavan and Antrim is not too bad for travel reasons, Wexford & Offaly are a tad irritating

Sammy, they are the ideal fixtures for a weekend away! It'll be a toss up between Offaly or Wexford. I haven't a clue which town would be best for a night out though. I didn't travel to Wexford last April as we were already relegated and I think it was Easter Sunday as well.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

sammymaguire

a weekend in Offaly  ??? good luck to ya  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Caid

Quote from: FermPundit on October 12, 2009, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: Caid on October 12, 2009, 02:45:33 PM
Division 3 next year isn't going to be easy and could produce some decent games

Yeah, it'll be a very competitive division with all teams capable of beating one another. Although we did well at this level two years ago so hopefully the same will happen next year.

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 12, 2009, 01:48:08 PM
away to Cavan and Antrim is not too bad for travel reasons, Wexford & Offaly are a tad irritating

Sammy, they are the ideal fixtures for a weekend away! It'll be a toss up between Offaly or Wexford. I haven't a clue which town would be best for a night out though. I didn't travel to Wexford last April as we were already relegated and I think it was Easter Sunday as well.

Tullamore must have dozens of pubs given it's held the Fleadh the last few years.  I'd say you wouldn't go wrong there
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

sammymaguire

just about pubs is it? dunno what a 6 year old boy would make of a pub crawl in Tullamore...  :o

only messing I'm sure there could be loads to do for the family but I reckon Wexford would have more to offer than Biffo-land
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

greeny

When is St Galls playing against Dungannon? I hope Dungannon take them to the cleaners after the lack of manners the galls fans showed in Brewster park. :(

ONeill

Next Tuesday I believe. Not much time for the Gallsmen to drown their sorrows after this Sunday's game.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

Hard to get overly excited about that list of fixtures at this stage but should make a good few of them. Any word of county trials or new faces? Presume Rory will have to get a call anyhow.
Will probably be after this weekend and the league is almost sorted.

greeny

I imagine there will be a few sore and bruised bodies next Tuesday night for Galls when Cavan Gaels are finished with them!!

FermGael

any truth in the rumour about lyttle transfering to donagh
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

sammymaguire

Quote from: FermGael on October 15, 2009, 11:30:36 PM
any truth in the rumour about lyttle transfering to donagh

news to me, he needs something to kickstart his career, been pretty drab since 2004
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

118cmal

Quote from: ExiledGael on October 13, 2009, 07:56:09 PM
Hard to get overly excited about that list of fixtures at this stage but should make a good few of them. Any word of county trials or new faces? Presume Rory will have to get a call anyhow.
Will probably be after this weekend and the league is almost sorted.

County trials were held on Wednesday night.  Not sure who all attended.  I know a good few Roslea lads were there though.

I would expect Paul Ward to get on the panel this year.  From what I hear he was very unlucky in the trials last year.  Obviously Quigley should be on.  Not sure about Rory 3.09.  O'Rourke obviously didn't fancy him last year and I'm not sure what would have changed.  I don't think he was omitted on the basis of ability.

haranguerer

I think what has changed, 118, is that he is playing very well for Galls - I expect them to win the Ulster club, and Rorys profile is going to rise again. Last year, there was a risk that the balance on the squad could be upset, without any great addition - rory hadnt been showing much this past while - this year, its much harder to pass him by.

Caid

Tempo lost to St Joes by 4 points

Enniskillen v Derrygonnelly in a relegation playoff

Semi finals to be played next Sunday:

Tempo v Roslea (at Roslea?)
Devenish v Teemore

Dromore were jammy in Tyrone I understand
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

sammymaguire

was the Roslea/D'gonnelly game abandoned on Sunday? due to a major fracas!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

saffron sam2

Quote from: greeny on October 15, 2009, 10:17:57 AM
I imagine there will be a few sore and bruised bodies next Tuesday night for Galls when Cavan Gaels are finished with them!!

Certainly appears to be the case with Conor McGourty (broken finger), Sean Burke (sore leg) and Ciaran Joseph (CJ) McGourty (too tired) all extremely doubtful for tonight's big game. I am amazed that the St. Gall's football management didn't rest a few of the top 'hurlers' when it became clear that Cavan Gaels had totally lost the discipline.

Anyhow, regardless of the injuries, anything other than a similar scoreline to the Lisbellaw match will be seen as a massive surprise in 'hurling' circles. It's amazing that a team with two Railway Cup players and another senior inter-county star are playing Intermediate 'hurling' - surely as clear a statement as any as to how seriously the game is taken in Milltown.

Whilst the result is a foregone conclusion, there are many sub plots that make this an intriguing affair. How many men will St. Gall's tog out for the warm up? How many will change back into their civvies straight after the warm-up? Who will chainsaw chop down and hospitalise (surely not Anto Healy again)? Was the headbutt a one-off or is such a red mist going to return among the Gallsmen? Will the opposing managers behave?

Get there if you can.

St. Gall's by 22.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet