Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermPundit

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on September 13, 2008, 09:36:39 PM
What about the 2 dismissals in this encounter   were they forgotten about.

I didn't make the game but I know Ryan Keenan was sent off. Who else got the line?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

inisceithleann

Full time result SFC Semi Final

Lisnaskea 1-05 St. Patrick's 1-10

Intermediate Champrionship, Half Time

Erne Gaels 0-05 Brookeboro 0-02
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

FermPundit

Intermediate Championship Final Result

Erne Gaels 1-08 Brookeboro 0-06

Impressive performances from Shane O'Brien at midfield and Seamus Ryder at full forward. It's pleasing to see Belleek back winning championships. A proud club who should be competing for promotion at the top of division two.

ExiledGael

Quote from: FermPundit on September 14, 2008, 08:39:14 AM
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on September 13, 2008, 09:36:39 PM
What about the 2 dismissals in this encounter   were they forgotten about.

I didn't make the game but I know Ryan Keenan was sent off. Who else got the line?

Didn't see this game but a few on Hoganstand are making a big deal of an incident prior to Ryan Keenan's sending off when his brother Daryl was badly injjured in an off the ball incident. Broke collar bone apparently and big bro then got his second yellow for mouthing about it. Anyway hope Daryl can get back to make an impact with the county squad over the winter. I'm sure O'Rourke will have a lokk at him.

Of the other county men on view if O'Rourke was in Brewster yesterday he'd have been very impressed with Mark Little before his injury, Shane McDermott second half and Eamon Maguire and Paul Cosgrove all through.
After a woeful first half from the whole team Cosgrove palmed down the throw in took the return pass and fired over a brilliant point to set the tone for St Pat's second half. Not known for shooting but he has a mighty leap and fetch, but Ryan Clancy blotted him out somewhat when he came on. Thought his goal was a certain square ball though.
Anywho, no doubt the best team won. Little was a real loss for Skea and they had no real leaders or anyone to carry the fight to Donagh but they're a young side. Bad sign when all they could think of was to bring him back on though as the game slipped away. Daniel Kille was well marked and didn't make much of an impact at all. Eamon Maguire hit a real belter to put Donagh up for the first time and always seemed to pop up in possession at crucial times with McDermott and McCaffrey providing crucial strength at the back.
Should be an interesting final.

FermPundit

If there was ever a one man team it was Lisnaskea yesterday. Mark Little was such a dramatic loss to them at half time its unbelieveable. Skea were destroying Donagh throughout the first half and they really should have been ahead by more at the break. But St. Pat's improved greatly in the second haf and their hunger and strong individual performances from Eamon Maguire, Gary Maguire and Cosgrove saw them through. In saying this I would fear for them in the final if they don't tighten up at the back. Skea ran through in the first 25 mins and unless they get things sorted out Paul Ward, Kevin Cassidy and Kevin McGrath will score for fun against them. I was so disappointed with Daniel Kille yesterday. After all his rave comments in the earleir rounds of the championship he offered nothing in the second half when Lisnaskea really needed him. Paul Cosgrove is a great talent but there is no way he is ready for inter county football just yet. For starters he would have to be put on about 2 stone in muscle to build up his physique. However, the talent is there and hopefully the physcial stength will come with time.

In the intermediate final I was really impressed with Shane O'Brien. He definitely deserves a trail with the county set up.

Erne Gael

St Patrick's were tipped by very few to get to the final but they are there on merit and have every chance of winning it. Will be a hard final to call and really could go either way. St Patrick's will be very determined to get their first title win though. Eamon Maguire is the key man who they look for a lot of the time and if Derrygonnelly can get someone to mark him they have a great chance. I thought Skea had the game won in the first half and was just a matter of getting a couple more scores in the second half to win it but it wasn't to be.

Didn't get to the Derrygonnelly Tempo game. Didn't think Derrygonnelly would win by as much. Was there that much difference bewteen the teams? Also a lot of discussion on the ref, who was the ref and how did he perform?

Good to see Erne Gaels win the Intermediate. Can this group of players push for higher honours in the future?

ExiledGael

We're slipping away badly here. Anyone hear the Division One results today?

supersub

have devenish or tempo got any potential county senior or u21 players this year??

ExiledGael

Tempo would have Daryl Keenan from St Mick's McRory team but he broke a collarbone a few weeks back so won't play for a few months I'd reckon. There's another Foy lad in the half-back line possible for the U21s too. They've produced a lot of strong minor teams lately and haven't been home to see them so would expect a few more too. Seem to have a problem with the progression to senior though. Ryan Keenan and Damien Kelly will be in and around the senior county team.
As for Devenish they had Barry Mulrone who was on the senior panel at the start of the year. He's around 21 but unsure if he's eligible at U21. Few O'Flanaghan brothers play on the team and could be close to U21 squad, few of them played McRory with St Mick's also.

supersub

oh right ok! heard about two nippy corner fowards from devenish think they play for st micks too but wasnt sure of names!

FermPundit

SFL Division one

Teemore 0-10 Lisnaskea 0-13
Tempo 0-13 Belcoo 0-07
Brookeboro 1-06 Devenish 1-16
Enniskillen v St. Patricks - Conceded by St Patrick's

SFL Division two

Kinawley 2-06 Irvinestown 2-11
Aughadrumsee 1-05 St. Joseph's 2-12
Derrylin 2-09 Erne Gaels 1-14

Division one table

Played Points
Devenish 12  18
Enniskillen  12  15
Tempo  12  15
Belcoo  12   15
Derrygonnelly  12  12
Newtownbutler  12  12
Lisnaskea  12   12
Teemore  12   11
St. Patricks  12  8
Brookeboro  12  2

Divison two table

Played Points
St. Josephs 10  16
Roslea  9 16
Kinawley  9  10
Irvinestown  10  8
Derrylin  10  8
Erne Gaels  9  6
Aughadrumasee  9 2

ExiledGael

Conceded by St Pat's?? What the hell is that all about. Presume it's because of the Championship final next week but I'm amazed you're allowed to do that. Know they've suffered a lot of injuries in last few weeks but that's a bit much in the middle of a relegation battle. Will they be punished for that?
Suppose we'll know next week whether it was a good or a bad idea.

Erne Gael

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 28, 2008, 11:03:38 PM
Conceded by St Pat's?? What the hell is that all about. Presume it's because of the Championship final next week but I'm amazed you're allowed to do that. Know they've suffered a lot of injuries in last few weeks but that's a bit much in the middle of a relegation battle. Will they be punished for that?
Suppose we'll know next week whether it was a good or a bad idea.

If they win the Championship it will be worth it. Strange seeing they are second from bottom and are in a relegation battle. But you can see their point of view. They may not have won the match anyway and could have picked up injuries or suspensions from the game. In saying that a compeitive match a week before a final is not a bad thing either and also they won't have played a competitive game for three weeks when they play the final next week.

I would say they would not mind one bit if they get relegated if they can win their first championship.

Erne Gael

Quote from: FermPundit on September 28, 2008, 10:15:10 PM
SFL Division one

Teemore 0-10 Lisnaskea 0-13
Tempo 0-13 Belcoo 0-07
Brookeboro 1-16 Devenish 1-16
Enniskillen v St. Patricks - Conceded by St Patrick's

Division one table

Played Points
Devenish 12  18
Enniskillen  12  15
Tempo  12  15
Belcoo  12   15
Derrygonnelly  12  12
Newtownbutler  12  12
Lisnaskea  12   12
Teemore  12   11
St. Patricks  12  8
Brookeboro  12  2

Probably just a typing error there FermPundit but that game was a 1-16 to 1-6 win for Devenish.

FermPundit

Opps, thanks, I've amended the scoreline.

I'm not sure if teams are allowed to concede games? I presume Donagh received guidance from the county board before making this decision. If they don't win next week I reckon they'll go down with Brookeboro. Although the county final is massive for the club they aren't exactly in a very healthy position in the league and they can ill afford to throw away 2 league points. Regardless of the result next weekend they find themselves in relegation battle. Teemore seem to be on very poor run of form as well. It looks like its between Donagh and Teemore to join Boro in division two next year.