Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermGael

Coa have done very well in the last while largely due to the fact that Enniskillen Gaels had such a successful senior team, the underage teams in the club were not given the proper preparation and  were over looked.
But as well as this the current Coa team included some players whose family have very strong ties with the Coa club and they now just happen to live in enniskillen.  These players would never have togged out for the Gaels anyway. 
Fair play to Coa and I hope that in the next couple of years they can make the step up into intermediate football.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

longball

what way division 1 table now. are Enniskillen out of danger yet?  :-\ :-[
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

FermGael

firstly the table is
MANOR HOUSE SENIOR FOOTBALL LEAGUE DIVISION 1

Team Pld         Won Lt Drn For Agt Diff Pts
Newtownbutler 16 11 5 0 222 163 59  22
Belcoo             16 10 5 1 237 195 42  21
Teemore          16 9 5 2 210 181 29   20
Derrygonnelly    16 8 6 2 197 178 19   18
Devenish         16 9 7 0 186 199 -13   18
Lisnaskea         16 7 6 3 183 177 6     17
St Patrick's      16 8 8 0 201 179 22   16
Enniskillen       16 6 8 2 169 205 -36   14
Roslea            16 6 9 1 164 193 -29   13
Irvinestown     16 0 15 1 160 259 -99 1

But even more worringly
Taken from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7016190.stm
QuoteSylvester Mulrone and Sean Maguire are emerging as front-runners for the vacant manager's role with Fermanagh.
The pair had previously assisted former county boss Charlie Mulgrew who stepped down after the All-Ireland qualifier defeat by Meath on 14 July.

The pair's apparent joint application could find favour with the Fermanagh Board.

Malachy O'Rourke was in line to take over but it is believed he has opted out due to work commitments.

O'Rourke is also heavily involved in managing the Cavan Gaels club.

Both Mulrone and Maguire were selectors when Mulgrew was in charge and have intimate knowledge of Erne football. Maguire is father of current county forward Eamon.

Former Derry manager Mickey Moran had also been linked with the vacancy.

Have no bother with Syd, a good gaa man and knows a good deal about football.  But as For Maguire, he does not have a clue.  We could end up playing division 4 football if he is in charge. 
Please no!!!!

Tempoman

Not to pleased about this either, i wouldnt rate either of them.
Kinawley have been a good team or the last 5 or 6 years, but they were no where near div 2 this year with mulrone managing them.
Lets hope it the bbc making stuff up again!!!!

FermGael

Tempoman i have heard today that O'Rourke has declined and their really is nobody else unless Moran fancys a go at it.  Maguire has alot of support from inside the county board due to the upset U-21 victory that was achieved this year over Down.  Pity nobody remembers the subsequent hammering by Monaghan in the next round.
I will always remember him as the man who had one of the best minor Fermanagh teams of the last 15 years(most of the team went on the next year year to win the McRory with St Michaels, McGrath, Owens, Bradley,O'Reilly,to name but a few as well as the lyttles and Clucker who did not go to St Mick's ) and they got well beat in the first round of the minor championship. 
I suppose the best thing that comes about from his appointment is that at least it would mean Eamoon Maguire would definietly be in the team :-\

FermPundit

I'm disappointed to hear that Mulrone and Maguire are being lined up for the Fermanagh post. They're both loyal GAA men but I can't see them improving the fortunes of the county team. Mulrone is a decent enough club manager but he didn't do much with Kinawley this year. I don't know too much about Maguire apart from his involvement with the U21's this year.

I honestly thought O'Rourke would take the post. He has a proven track record at ulster club level and I thought he would jump at the chance to manage at inter county level.

I really hope the county board aren't looking to take the cheap option and appoint two local guys. I know Fermanagh aren't blessed with the best pool of talent at the moment but surely there must have been a bit more interest in the position.

I heard a rumour last week that the Longstone manager, I think his name is Dawson was interested in the job. Did anyone else hear this??
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: FermPundit on September 27, 2007, 09:01:51 PM
I heard a rumour last week that the Longstone manager, I think his name is Dawson was interested in the job. Did anyone else hear this??

:D :D :D why does that not surprise me...stay well away.

118cmal

To be honest lads i wouldnt be happy with any of the people strongly linked with the job i.e. maguire, mulrone, o'neill.  I was part of a county minor setup under o'neill and can't believe he's in the frame.  No disrespect to these men but are they really gonna deliver the anglo celt?  could they outwit mickey harte and co?  I really dont think so.

Personally i feel we should be pulling all the stops out for the best possible next manager.  lets face it, with armagh and tyrone in transition this is our best chance in the last 15years to win ulster and we need the right in charge.  If the right men dont want it then thats fair enough but the top available managers (i.e. moran, kernan) must be approached.

I would also be delighted with dom corrigan or o'rourke, but it doesnt look like they will happen.

we need someone bigger than mulrone, o'neill or maguire

Gold

someone tell me the Gaels were beat
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

FermPundit

SFL Division 1 result.

Roslea 0-04 Enniskillen 0-04.

That leaves it in Enniskillen's hands. If they beat Devenish next weekend they stay up.

longball

Quote from: FermPundit on September 30, 2007, 05:40:46 PM
SFL Division 1 result.

That leaves it in Enniskillen's hands. If they beat Devenish next weekend they stay up.

4 each?? defences on top or just a horrible game?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

FermPundit

Quote from: longball on October 01, 2007, 01:34:34 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on September 30, 2007, 05:40:46 PM
SFL Division 1 result.

4 each?? defences on top or just a horrible game?

A brutal game by accounts. I wasn't at the match but from what I've heard Roslea kicked the game away and missed numerous chances. It'll be interesting to see what teams Derrygonnelly and Devenish put out next weekend. I reckon both the Gaels and Roslea will win their last games but as the Gaels are a point ahead, they'll stay up.

Other Results this weekend,

DIVISION I
BELCOO 2-09 DERRYGONNELLY 0-11
LISNASKEA 1-09 DEVENISH 1-09
ROSLEA 0-04 ENNISKILLEN 0-04
TEEMORE 0-11 NEWTOWNBUTLER 0-09
IRVINESTOWN 2-07 ST PATRICKS 0-18

DIVISION 3 SEMI-FINAL REPLAY
ERNE GAELS 1-07 AUGHADRUMSEE 0-09

That leaves Belcoo top of the table when NTB in second place. It has been a very successful year for Belcoo when you consider that most people were predicting that they would be relegated. Fair play to them, they have proved all the critics wrong!

ExiledGael

Who've been the standout performers for Belcoo? Presumably Shane McCabe and Stevie Maguire must be doing well, any county prospects

FermPundit

Aye, McCabe and Stevie are probably the best known players but they have an all round good team. They have been pretty successful at underage level over the last few years and most of those players are starting to come through now. John Carrigan, Kieran Leonard, Ciaran Flaherty and Ryan Dolan are all good players that spring to mind. Most of these guys are still pretty young so I'm not sure if any of them would be ready for the county side just yet.

I'd love to see big Stevie back in the green jersey next year. He was badly missed last year. Shane McCabe would be a certain starter for Fermanagh if he gave gaelic his 100% commitment but he's the captain of Dungannon Swifts this year so I'm sure whether he'll put himself forward for the county next year.

orangeman

Sorry, Fermanagh men - but that attck on the GAA on UTV tonight was out of order !!! Totally out of order - it made shit out of your county and your clubs - I'm sure some of you lads have played soccer somewhere in Fermanagh and got called a few choice names but never complained - and I don't recall UTV doing any programmes either !