Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

In Div 1 Kilclief beat Ballygalget by a couple of points & Liatroim beat Warrenpoint by a goal.

Div 2
Clonduff 1-14 0-12 Carryduff
Ballygalget 3-14 3-13 Bredagh
Ballyvarley 1-15 5-15 Portaferry

johnneycool

what happened the much anticipated Ballela, Shamrocks contest?

Lecale2

Ballela called it off on Tuesday.

Mid Down Gael

Division 1 Result

Kilcoo 0-7 Liatroim 0-8.

Terrible game with Kilcoo being abysmal to be truthful. Castlewellan going to need 5 league points to overtake the fontenoys now to avoid the automatic drop.

outinfront

(off topic) Could anyone post or email me some directions to St John's (Drumnaquoile) Pitch.  Pairc Naomh Eoin I think.
Will be travelling from Belfast direction so probably just need general directions from Ballynahinch.  I think you go towards Drumaroad?

Cheers, folks.

down6061689194

Google Maps

Basic diections are, follow Spa Road, turn left at the church, follow that road until you pass a white barn type building on the right, right directlty after that onto Drummaroad Hill Road. There should be a large water treatment plant to your right.
Follow that road and take the first left. Not sure what is sign posted but it has Red&Yellow paint on it and one of those As Gaelige Stickers.  Follow that road untill you reach a T junction. Turn left. Take the next left shortly up that road. Then follow that road, keeping a look out on the right. The ground is on a side road to the right hand side. here

DaddyLongLegs

Quote from: outinfront on June 18, 2010, 09:59:43 AM
(off topic) Could anyone post or email me some directions to St John's (Drumnaquoile) Pitch.  Pairc Naomh Eoin I think.
Will be travelling from Belfast direction so probably just need general directions from Ballynahinch.  I think you go towards Drumaroad?

Cheers, folks.

Are you the new steel supplier - i hear Watsons have run out. If you're coming in a 40 footer, you might be better headin into Clough and down thru the Fin. Them wee roads thru the Spa are narra esp if the beams are hanging out the back.

outinfront

Thanks.  Ha ha not delivering any steel I'm afraid!

CHB1

Quote from: DaddyLongLegs on June 18, 2010, 10:55:50 AM
Quote from: outinfront on June 18, 2010, 09:59:43 AM

Cheers, folks.

Are you the new steel supplier - i hear Watsons have run out. If you're coming in a 40 footer, you might be better headin into Clough and down thru the Fin. Them wee roads thru the Spa are narra esp if the beams are hanging out the back.

I think Watsons still have plenty of steel down there!!

CHB1

See Ambrose back in midfield for the game tomorrow with dan moved to the full forward position at the expense of Clarke.  Feel a bit sorry for Clarke - just hope Down dont resort to all out route one football with high deliveries into Dan.  Think we should be utilising our quick moving forwards as a priority and use Dan as a back up tactic.  Interesting to see how it goes!!

gaaaddict

Basic diections are, follow Spa Road, turn left at the church, follow that road until you pass a white barn type building on the right, right directlty after that onto Drummaroad Hill Road. There should be a large water treatment plant to your right.
Follow that road and take the first left. Not sure what is sign posted but it has Red&Yellow paint on it and one of those As Gaelige Stickers.  Follow that road untill you reach a T junction. Turn left. Take the next left shortly up that road. Then follow that road, keeping a look out on the right. The ground is on a side road to the right hand side.

Should this not be turn right at the T junction???

southdown

I think having Dan at FF will work in well, we have the option of lumping it in high to Dan, or we have the option of Benny and Marty Clarke running at them, both are quite potent (potentially). 

No doubt Tyrone will have a few sweepers to counter both though.  James will need to get it spot on, tomorrow will be a huge test of James' credentials.

It should be high scoring, hopefully win by 2.

Catch the high ball

I think at the start they should be lumoing a few ball into Dan and if it doesn't work then I hope they don't persist in it. Would rather see O'Hagan in the half back line, he'd be a good man marker.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

DownFanatic

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on June 17, 2010, 11:18:59 PM
Division 1 Result

Kilcoo 0-7 Liatroim 0-8.

Terrible game with Kilcoo being abysmal to be truthful. Castlewellan going to need 5 league points to overtake the fontenoys now to avoid the automatic drop.

Went to the game. Think Liatroim didn't score for the entire 2nd half. Halftime score was 0-08 to 0-04.

The Kilcoo lineup was a far cry from the Championship winning XV of last year. Liatroim battled hard. Thought Aidan O'Prey and your boy Barney Middleton at the back were very impressive.

CHB1

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 18, 2010, 12:54:23 PM
I think at the start they should be lumoing a few ball into Dan and if it doesn't work then I hope they don't persist in it. Would rather see O'Hagan in the half back line, he'd be a good man marker.

O'Hagan has been very impressive this year - think he will definitely be involved at some stage.