Gender inequality... is there?

Started by longballin, July 22, 2015, 04:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 23, 2015, 01:55:47 PM
Very sad to read the chauvinist pig attitude on this thread.  Some of ye are still in the dark ages in my opinion.  I am a big fan of ladies football, my two daughters and my son all play it and enjoy it.  I have watched some great ladies games and feel the men's game could learn a few things from it like

A) time clock
B) sin bin
C)no blankets (generally)
D) No sledging
E) No racism

Reading this thread has really ticked me off to be honest.  Go back to your caves boys and stay there.
I bet he enjoys it!  Howd he manage that?  I may give it a go myself?  ;)

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: HiMucker on July 23, 2015, 02:23:55 PM
Very sad to read the chauvinist pig attitude on this thread.  Some of ye are still in the dark ages in my opinion.  I am a big fan of ladies football, my two daughters and my son all play it and enjoy it.  I have watched some great ladies games and feel the men's game could learn a few things from it like

A) time clock
B) sin bin
D) No sledging
E) No racism

Reading this thread has really ticked me off to be honest.  Go back to your caves boys and stay there.

Ah here boys.. now now
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

deiseach

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 23, 2015, 02:07:39 PM
There is more money prizes exposure and everything else for men's football/hurling because there is more interest. The standard is better. There's 80,000 people goin to Croker for the Men's All Ireland Final and there wouldn't be a tenth of that for women's.... yes I know Im stating the obvious. But why then do they feel they should be on equal level to share in the spoils? The sponsers were drawn in because of the interest generated - largely due to hurling - and so they sponsored the hurling poc fada... Hard truth is, women are not treated equally in terms of prizes because they simply are not equal in creating exposure

Is that you, Dessie?

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: deiseach on July 23, 2015, 02:30:31 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 23, 2015, 02:07:39 PM
There is more money prizes exposure and everything else for men's football/hurling because there is more interest. The standard is better. There's 80,000 people goin to Croker for the Men's All Ireland Final and there wouldn't be a tenth of that for women's.... yes I know Im stating the obvious. But why then do they feel they should be on equal level to share in the spoils? The sponsers were drawn in because of the interest generated - largely due to hurling - and so they sponsored the hurling poc fada... Hard truth is, women are not treated equally in terms of prizes because they simply are not equal in creating exposure

Is that you, Dessie?

Big Des? No boy this is Soup an Samajiz

Keyser soze

This is a disgrace. They should just have one competition and let everyone enter it on an equal basis. To the victor/ess the spoils.

PS I read the article in the IN and she pointed out that it took her 35 strokes to complete the course whilst the winner completed it in 25.

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 23, 2015, 03:03:15 PM
This is a disgrace. They should just have one competition and let everyone enter it on an equal basis. To the victor/ess the spoils.

PS I read the article in the IN and she pointed out that it took her 35 strokes to complete the course whilst the winner completed it in 25.

.... and so her complaint is???

johnneycool

And her using a size 4 sliothar as well, absolute disgrace, back to making the tea and sandwiches for the lads, isn't that their place Keyser?

Keyser soze

Quote from: johnneycool on July 23, 2015, 03:28:49 PM

And her using a size 4 sliothar as well, absolute disgrace, back to making the tea and sandwiches for the lads, isn't that their place Keyser?

I never mentioned tea and sandwiches.

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 23, 2015, 03:37:29 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 23, 2015, 03:28:49 PM

I never mentioned tea and sandwiches.

Always did like soup and samajiz after a game funny enough, fair play t them

longballin

There is a pecking order with all ladies and the mens club players at the bottom... they should know that. Its all about the big summer carnival days in Croke Park  8)

Jinxy

Should she not be having a go at the camogie association?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bridgegael

Next year just have the one competition male and female  together.  That would solve this problem.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

sligoman2

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 23, 2015, 02:29:12 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on July 23, 2015, 02:23:55 PM

A) time clock
B) sin bin
D) No sledging
E) No racism

Ah here boys.. now now

I think you know what I mean, all my kids play gaelic football.
We all know ladies football doesn't have the same following as mens football, but it is growing rapidly and that is a very good thing.  Some of the ladies I have seen are incredible - Cora Staunton for example..

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Brick Tamlin

Ladies football is as entertaining as 2 snails trying to tie their shoe laces. Let's be honest. Its crap. Will never be near the level of the male version.