Who is the most famous person you’ve met?

Started by BennyCake, January 05, 2021, 06:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Michael Jackson held the door open for me in the Aquarium in Portaferry.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sensethetone

Bernard Mc Hugh was in The Elk one Friday night after being on The Kelly Show.

johnnycool

Quote from: ONeill on January 06, 2021, 09:03:14 AM
Michael Jackson held the door open for me in the Aquarium in Portaferry.

He'd a habit of doing that...

Liked to hang around the touch tank with the kids.

trileacman

Mahatma Ghandi

He was a bit of a w**ker to be honest.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Aristo 60

John Delaney at a soccer function I got roped into to but when I said I was a GAA man he tuned into that straightaway.

Stories about him broke soon after but to me he was very civil to talk to and didn't make out to be the big guy.

Aristo 60

aside from that Benny Coulter in a pub in Mayobridge is still the most famous person I have met or ever want to meet.

GetOverTheBar

Joe Brolly, he bought me a pint.

Great fella.

imtommygunn

I met Brolly at an underage prize giving years ago when I worked near the court house so would walk through it at lunch. He said when I met him I really know your face from somewhere but just not sure where.

Weeks later I was walking through the court house and he was coming out. He shouted at me - "I knew it - I never forget a face that ugly." p***k  ;D

(To be fair while I'm not a massive fan of some of his stuff these days he was decent coming to the prize giving and he was dead on with the above just being a bit of craic)

GetOverTheBar

Couldn't say a bad word about him, ran into him in Dublin in a hotel bar. I was waiting for the woman to get ready and he must have been coming in from the game that night with RTE. Ended up chatting away for a good 45 mins before she landed. He was great craic, I think being a Tyrone man greased the wheels for some good old abuse.

Taylor

A lot of Brolly's punditry stuff is completely different to what the man himself is like.

Great company to be in & a very civil fella

imtommygunn

Yeah I think a lot of that is just a show.

Andy Walker back when he was at celtic. (Outside parkhead)

J70

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 06, 2021, 10:41:23 AM
I met Brolly at an underage prize giving years ago when I worked near the court house so would walk through it at lunch. He said when I met him I really know your face from somewhere but just not sure where.

Weeks later I was walking through the court house and he was coming out. He shouted at me - "I knew it - I never forget a face that ugly." p***k  ;D

(To be fair while I'm not a massive fan of some of his stuff these days he was decent coming to the prize giving and he was dead on with the above just being a bit of craic)

;D

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

FL/MAYO

Jack Nicholson said hello to me one day, I didn't realize who he was until I saw everyone looking at him.
Ran into Muhammad Ali at Fort Lauderdale airport as I was in my way up to New York to watch the Ireland v Italy World Cup game in 1994.