Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 08:57:25 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2021, 08:40:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 08:35:42 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2021, 06:44:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 05:50:02 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2021, 05:46:39 PM
cant see why any healthy teenager should be vaccinated - but its each to their own for me

No, as long as they don't pass it on to an elderly relative or someone who's got underlying conditions.

But if they are double jabbed and boostered.....
If

Personal risk, and for me it's the elders who need to take personal responsibility in this case. My parents wouldn't even think of refusing having the grandwains down because they aren't vaccined and that's because they are, nor have I heard many others say that

I know one family personally, the son caught it in England, brought it back, both parents died, he died few weeks later. Them's the breaks I suppose...

Sounds like they were unvaccinated? What is the odds of three from the one family to die, unless they were all unvaccinated?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 04, 2021, 09:09:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 08:57:25 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2021, 08:40:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 08:35:42 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2021, 06:44:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 05:50:02 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2021, 05:46:39 PM
cant see why any healthy teenager should be vaccinated - but its each to their own for me

No, as long as they don't pass it on to an elderly relative or someone who's got underlying conditions.

But if they are double jabbed and boostered.....
If

Personal risk, and for me it's the elders who need to take personal responsibility in this case. My parents wouldn't even think of refusing having the grandwains down because they aren't vaccined and that's because they are, nor have I heard many others say that

I know one family personally, the son caught it in England, brought it back, both parents died, he died few weeks later. Them's the breaks I suppose...

Sounds like they were unvaccinated? What is the odds of three from the one family to die, unless they were all unvaccinated?

My point is, if vaccinated they'd probably be still alive, if someone is not vaccinated you could catch the virus and put yourself and others at risk, and if you're happy to do that then fine. The risk of dying is still there, I've people coming into my work and proudly tell me they ain't vaccinated.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Forgive me for being sceptical when you see articles like this ignoring elephants in corners  :-\

Up to 300,000 people facing heart-related illnesses due to post-pandemic stress disorder, warn physicians

PPSD is a mental health condition induced by the pandemic. While PPSD is not yet officially recognised term , many experts believe it should be.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/post-pandemic-stress-disorder-heart-conditions-covid-london-physicians-b969436.html
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 04, 2021, 08:43:06 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on December 04, 2021, 05:52:19 PM
So what do you think the covid password role out across multiple countries is about. It's certainly not about protecting people from Covid. The south being a prime example. 92% vaccinated, covid passports and covid cases v high.

But hey, its the unvaccinated 😂😂😂

Them Unvaxxed the scourge of the new normal! Depending on their own immune system? We can't have any of that!
I'm more than happy for them to depend on their own immune system provided they look after themselves at home if their immune system isn't up to the job.

armaghniac

from The Sunday Times

Parekh said that Covid patients had a significantly longer length of stay in critical care than other patients, with an average of nine days; longer if they survived the infection. In his unit he said this meant that as many as 100 to 140 other surgeries, which would require stays of only one or two days, had to be delayed each week.

Between July and November, NHS England said that 150 patients were referred for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, or Ecmo, where blood is cycled through an artificial lung machine before returning it to the body. Of these patients, only 6 per cent had been fully vaccinated.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Anyone here know what Pericarditis is?

From the Bunker

I see China has had less deaths from Covid than Ireland? Whats going on there? Are they telling porkies?

From the Bunker

Is it true that If you arrive on a private/charter aircraft
You don't need to show vaccine certificates? Anywhere in the world?

Armagh18

Quote from: sid waddell on December 04, 2021, 09:16:45 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 04, 2021, 05:29:03 AM
How are people accepting going back to restrictions when everyman and his dog has been vaccinated? If the shit show of a health service is overrun at this stage it's feck all to do with covid but the government's lack of investment for years.
76% have been vaccinated. Which means 24% haven't. That's 1.25 million people.

Now Omicron changes the game again.

People will accept restrictions because they are necessary.

If Omicron wasn't around, restrictions over Christmas would still be necessary.

With Omicron around, the token restrictions that were announced last night will be like a chocolate fireguard.

The next week will change the game.
They aren't necessary.

Armagh18

Quote from: sid waddell on December 04, 2021, 01:33:39 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on December 04, 2021, 12:48:11 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 04, 2021, 09:16:45 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 04, 2021, 05:29:03 AM
How are people accepting going back to restrictions when everyman and his dog has been vaccinated? If the shit show of a health service is overrun at this stage it's feck all to do with covid but the government's lack of investment for years.
76% have been vaccinated. Which means 24% haven't. That's 1.25 million people.

Now Omicron changes the game again.

People will accept restrictions because they are necessary.

If Omicron wasn't around, restrictions over Christmas would still be necessary.

With Omicron around, the token restrictions that were announced last night will be like a chocolate fireguard.

The next week will change the game.
Sid is that 76% of the total population, or adult population?
The total population - which is the only figure that matters.

The adult population figure is strictly for media consumption.
99.9% of kids wont get sick vaccine or no vaccine. Vast vast majority of adults wont either. Time to move on.

sid waddell

Per today's Sunday Times:

The latest report from the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) shows that of the 552 people admitted to ICU with Covid between June 27 and November 20, 57 per cent were unvaccinated. Two thirds of those unvaccinated requiring treatment in ICU were under 60 years old.

The report shows that 9.5 per cent of Covid cases detected in healthcare workers since June have been in unvaccinated workers, a total of 812 cases. The HPSC calculated that unvaccinated people were 11 more times likely to be admitted to ICU after contracting Covid.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2021, 02:26:33 AM
Anyone here know what Pericarditis is?

Something to do with the blood/heart I assume, the 'carditis' giving it away.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

A recurring theme from people who believe COVID is a big conspiracy. There is constant reference to "they" but no one I have seen will ever answer who "they" are. Is it the Illuminati??

I suspect the question is leading...

From the Bunker

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 05, 2021, 12:26:09 PM
A recurring theme from people who believe COVID is a big conspiracy. There is constant reference to "they" but no one I have seen will ever answer who "they" are. Is it the Illuminati??

I suspect the question is leading...

A recurring theme from people who believe COVID is not a big conspiracy. There is constant reference to "they" but no one I have seen will ever answer who "they" are. Is it the Illuminati??

imtommygunn

Sorry I mean your pericarditis question as you seem to be straying into the they camp ;)

If you believe in "they". Who is they?

Btw my wife has pericarditis or I think a mild version of it. Way pre vaccine before you ask.