8 (16.7%)
Jim deserves another year
15 (31.3%)
Come on Down, 2016 will be our year
6 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: September 26, 2015, 05:44:18 PM

Aristo 60

Paddy went after Sligo, Ross and DJ after Wicklow. Same for Jim?

Line Ball

Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 28, 2015, 05:44:18 PM
Paddy went after Sligo, Ross and DJ after Wicklow. Same for Jim?

Why come up with that stupid name for a thread?  Are you saying that either getting rid of Paddy or Ross/DJ were a knee jerk reaction.  The certainly weren't.

Aristo 60

It's called knee jerk as its a knee jerk poll. Clear enough I'd say.

I'm old enough to know that paddy and Ross weren't knee jerk.

Brick Tamlin

But you're daft enough to be starting such threads

Line Ball

What you are saying that getting rid of Paddy & Ross/DJ was knee jerk and should it be the same for Jim?  Your words not mine.

Aristo 60

How am I saying that? This is jims first year. It'd be knee jerk to put him out.

The previous weren't knee jerk clearly.

Given the comments on here over this past 24 hours or so I'm interested to see what the majority think having slept on the result from Wexford.

Brick Tamlin

If you stay on the main thread you will find plenty of views on it. Wasn't A need for a new thread or poll.

Aristo 60

The poll will be a decent summary.

rosskarr

And all these votes will do what?

PAULD123

Despite a very fortunate promotion, Jim's first term has been very poor. Our results marginally improved but then again we were not facing Monaghan and Donegal this year.

I look at the fate of a Westmeath team that were very lucky to get promoted in 2013. They were decimated in Division one and have suffered two successive relegations. I seriously fear we could face a similar scenario.

But for me personally, Jim's Down play un-entertaining football, the players do not look any happier than under James, The tactics failed horribly (Kickouts, Midfield, scores from play), the squad does not contain the best players due to his inflexibility. At no stage did it look like things were improving or a game plan developing. It does not appear to be a work in progress, it looks like we are in as bad position now as we were at the start.

But Jim is a smart and successful coach. He deserves the chance to rip up the game book and start again and try a new season with a new game plan and put in a system the boys can work with and allow them to improve continuously as a team. He deserves that chance and there is no other outstanding candidate to replace him anyway.

SamFever

Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 28, 2015, 06:56:25 PM
The poll will be a decent summary.
How'd the voting pan out?

Aristo 60

She was tight boy... just like the county board vote.

I'd start a poll to gauge who people want as the next manager but I'd be afraid I'd get the face ate aff me!

Brick Tamlin

Or you could just tell us what the actual outcome of the vote was and quit dancing round it.

SamFever

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 27, 2015, 11:27:16 AM
Or you could just tell us what the actual outcome of the vote was and quit dancing round it.

Why don't you look at the top of the page and see for yourself?