Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: wobbller on April 16, 2015, 01:42:20 PM
Quote from: supersub on April 16, 2015, 12:19:02 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 16, 2015, 10:42:23 AM
And if I don't have access to a 'county board person' to ask?
Sometimes this forum is better for getting the real story about these things.
I was genuinely wondering will there be a report made public or findings released with a strategy implemented.

But most of the time not. Just like the Down booze fueled weekend training camp last week. Grossly exaggerated.

Similarly the treatment of POR in the last few posts. A lot more to a role like that than people realise.
Treatment?   My post made no comment either good or bad of Paddy. Just the fact that he was appointed
and I didn't see anything disparaging in any of the other posts since.

Fair enough if so, but your post emits the wrong impression if that is the case. It seems you are belittling the role/set up and so in turn the man in the role. Also redandblack's comments are hardly welcoming.

Courtney

Listen , U 21 s,Minors and Development Squads are in utter chaos .
PO has been put in to oversee initially .Anybody who asks to be involved as a coach in Development Squads is accepted ,The Down Way.
Minor setup  a total joke with PO waiting in the wings to take over.

This year is a follow on from the disaster last year v Tyrone with the glove man on board now.
Now we are at the business end for the minors and not meaningless games in March Ulster League let's watch the results v Donegal on Saturday and Derry in championship.
The standards of behaviour and comments from them are maybe best suited in The Carnbane League.
Everything about Down Football has been so innovative recently , U21 s  F made a total mess of that but he
has the ear of the Boss , rumours circulating that he wants minors too....  PO won't like that .You couldn't make it up .

The silver lining has been seniors and these guys have been a credit and great ambassadors for Down Football , I'm sure they are embarrassed at what is happening down the ranks.

wobbller

Quote from: supersub on April 17, 2015, 12:22:54 AM
Quote from: wobbller on April 16, 2015, 01:42:20 PM
Quote from: supersub on April 16, 2015, 12:19:02 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 16, 2015, 10:42:23 AM
And if I don't have access to a 'county board person' to ask?
Sometimes this forum is better for getting the real story about these things.
I was genuinely wondering will there be a report made public or findings released with a strategy implemented.

But most of the time not. Just like the Down booze fueled weekend training camp last week. Grossly exaggerated.

Similarly the treatment of POR in the last few posts. A lot more to a role like that than people realise.
Treatment?   My post made no comment either good or bad of Paddy. Just the fact that he was appointed
and I didn't see anything disparaging in any of the other posts since.

Fair enough if so, but your post emits the wrong impression if that is the case. It seems you are belittling the role/set up and so in turn the man in the role. Also redandblack's comments are hardly welcoming.
Redandblack is responsible for his own posts.
I am not belittling the man,far from it,given his experience and achievements.  I most certainly am belittling  the process of how this occurred.

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: Courtney on April 17, 2015, 12:27:37 AM
Listen , U 21 s,Minors and Development Squads are in utter chaos .Explain Chaos if you will
PO has been put in to oversee initially .Anybody who asks to be involved as a coach in Development Squads is accepted ,The Down Way.
Minor setup  a total joke with PO waiting in the wings to take over.why is the minor set up a total joke. Sweeping statements are hard to believe with little back up. It may well be a joke but its hard to believe when you scattergun so much.

This year is a follow on from the disaster last year v Tyrone with the glove man on board now.A tad disrespectful to one of our most decorated players. Cue the backlash
Now we are at the business end for the minors and not meaningless games in March Ulster League let's watch the results v Donegal on Saturday and Derry in championship.
The standards of behaviour and comments from them are maybe best suited in The Carnbane League.Again what exactly are you referring to.
Everything about Down Football has been so innovative recently , U21 s  F made a total mess of that but he
has the ear of the Bossno idea what youre on about here. , rumours circulating that he wants minors too....  PO won't like that .You couldn't make it up .

The silver lining has been seniors and these guys have been a credit and great ambassadors for Down Football , I'm sure they are embarrassed at what is happening down the ranks.

Down Follower

That is one of the most cryptic messages I ever seen!! Explanations needed I think.

outback

Quote from: Courtney on April 17, 2015, 12:27:37 AM
Listen , U 21 s,Minors and Development Squads are in utter chaos .
Minor setup  a total joke with PO waiting in the wings to take over.

This year is a follow on from the disaster last year v Tyrone with the glove man on board now.
The standards of behaviour and comments from them are maybe best suited in The Carnbane League.
has the ear of the Boss , rumours circulating that he wants minors too....  PO won't like that .You couldn't make it up .

So at least you finish up by something positive about Down Seniors. This talk about the Minors is really bugging you.What exactly is your issue?

Smurfy123

I have a feeling this man has it in for Shane Mulholland.And seems to know a lot about what's happening in Down development teams.Obviously this man is here to slate the minor management with the hope of pushing him out.Are u involved in the under 17 coaching staff by any chance?Or maybe a division 1 mid table team?And a disgusting comment about one of out most dedicated players of all time.If I was the minor management team I would keep an eye out for the back stabbers.Ive a feeling this poster is managing a team below you and wants your job!

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 17, 2015, 12:49:10 PM
I have a feeling this man has it in for Shane Mulholland.And seems to know a lot about what's happening in Down development teams.Obviously this man is here to slate the minor management with the hope of pushing him out.Are u involved in the under 17 coaching staff by any chance?Or maybe a division 1 mid table team?And a disgusting comment about one of out most dedicated players of all time.If I was the minor management team I would keep an eye out for the back stabbers.Ive a feeling this poster is managing a team below you and wants your job!

I can't see comments on GAA Board getting a county minor manager sacked.

Smurfy123

Not getting him the sack sorry but degrading the man at every opportunity.

interested

Quite pathetic all this.Should we not be looking forward for a day out in Dublin?

Brick Tamlin

Yeah, lets concentrate on the day out in Dublin.
Don't worry about discussing openly the future development of talent within the county and the strategies /personnel employed to oversee it all.

T O Hare

As youth officer of our club and involved in coaching u16/18 teams this year and involved in underage coaching these past few years I know that there is a great emphasis being put into the development squads at the minute from POR and the county board. These have been kick started by Shane Mulholland last season who began with the u17s over the winter months. It's easy to sit behind a screen and discredit great volunteers in this county. In reality if you cannot put your name to slurs on this board then don't bother posting.
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

rosskarr

Quote from: T O Hare on November 05, 2014, 07:16:39 PM
MacRory football will always take precedence over early minor fixtures. It is one of the most prestigious competitions in Ulster football. Shane is the right man for the job and has been working over the year with development squads at u17 which has not seen a professionalism like this ever.
Tom,you seem to be quite a fan of Shane's . Do you support Liverpool as well?

5 Sams

This is really laughable...we used to give off on here about the Hoganstand crew coming on giving off...looks like they are back and the minor management is the latest target this time...I'm sure Shane is quaking in his boots... :-\
The Aristocrat Years

rosskarr

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 17, 2015, 10:04:59 PM
This is really laughable...we used to give off on here about the Hoganstand crew coming on giving off...looks like they are back and the minor management is the latest target this time...I'm sure Shane is quaking in his boots... :-\
I'm a fan also of Shane not Liverpool though