Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Raven

Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on April 12, 2015, 10:01:03 PM
Amid this absolutely farcial commentary on players private lives, I would like to point out that RGU Downpatrick have pulled out of the Minor All County division and allegedly want to play 13- aside in the east down minor division 1. Can they not field? This current downpatrick team beat us in the feile at U14 and ran us close in the championship 2 years ago in U16. Very surprised at there election to drop down a tier.
East Down Board should put them in division 2 as the Finn have pulled out. They are bound to win that league. God forbid they might have to play a few under 16's to make up the numbers, like most of the rural clubs in the county. I'm sure wherever they end up when you go to play them they will have 20 plus players togged out

downup

Does anyone know if the matches on the 27th April, the night after the national league final, are going ahead????

Aristo 60

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 13, 2015, 11:41:25 AM
Did anyone else see the lovely letter recently circulated about finances, club down etc?
Bottom line is the county needs more money and they see club down as the vehicle by which to do this.

Did you up your contribution to £40 a month brick?

supersub

Quote from: imagine on April 13, 2015, 08:11:50 PM
Maybe the County could set aside a few  Euros and get our County a decent Website.
Terrible to try and navigate. About 10 clicks to get minimal info. National and Leinster
fixture-
why?

Servasport Management system the GAA use - most counties will have the same fixture/results interface.

imagine

Quote from: supersub on April 14, 2015, 03:10:43 PM
Maybe the County could set aside a few  Euros and get our County a decent Website.
Terrible to try and navigate. About 10 clicks to get minimal info. National and Leinster
fixture-
why?

Servasport Management system the GAA use - most counties will have the same fixture/results interface.
Fair enough point but why is Munster and Connaught not there then?

Mourne man

The reason is because no Down teams compete in Connaught and Munster competitions !!!

imagine

Quote from: Line Ball on April 11, 2015, 10:24:41 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 11, 2015, 08:45:22 PM
A booze fuelled weekend from some pictures doing the rounds at present.I wonder do the county board fund the drinking to.Im all for lads having a drink but this is just a piss take and sticks two fingers up to the clubs and more importantly the club player.They can drink no problem but can't play a game?Disgrace.

Some training camp then?  Every other county in Ireland can put a professional camp together but what do we do, do a bit of training and then go on the sauce.  I guarantee you that club players are looking after themselves in preparation for the start of the league (belatedly now) but now they see their club team mates out on the raz, what does that say about the sacrifices they are making?

There is also the fact that they are putting up two fingers at our supporters and sponsors, many of us follow Down all over the place.  The likes of Club Down, the Down Supporters Club and the private individuals who put up the money for this camp (we are broke after all) these people put their hard earned cash into this joke of a set up for what in return?  Bad manners and disrespect.  Its not on.
Have you rounded up the heathens and burnt them at the cross for their drunken outrages in London? ;D

The Raven

Quote from: wobbller on April 14, 2015, 02:28:56 PM
fixture-why?
A few Euros. ;D No chance!
As stated in the March edition of Extra Time we are getting a new revised website by the start of the leagues. Question: will this be live by Friday or the delayed league start date?  can't wait!!!

Brick Tamlin

Is there anywhere to view the findings of this Down Talent Development Plan?
Is there any further information on this other than POR is overseeing development within the county?
Can anyone here shed any light on this and the personnel/strategy employed to ensure successful development of our young players.

redandblackareback

Surely this has to be a wind up? Paddy O Rourke? When was this announced, what exactly is the games and development managers role in this county?

The Raven

Quote from: wobbller on April 15, 2015, 11:35:57 AM
Quote from: The Raven on April 15, 2015, 10:33:58 AM
fixture-why?
As stated in the March edition of Extra Time we are getting a new revised website by the start of the leagues. Question: will this be live by Friday or the delayed league start date?  can't wait!!!
As stated in more than a few editions of Extra Time and foolishly in the Irish News  we had a review of Development squads. This was known as the  Down Talent Development Plan (TDP)
    Meetings were held since the middle of 2013 all the while paying a Sports expert( expert in Hockey)  and employing a free state student as his Secretary to analyse our County's  "'talent development"'. A lot of work :D and money ;D and  we get to the end of it and the conclusion and action plan is; Wait for it.....................

Paddy ORourke is in charge of Dev Squads.

You couldn't make it up. Brilliant and innovative or what?

Does this include hurling development squads

johnneycool

Quote from: The Raven on April 15, 2015, 03:30:32 PM
Quote from: wobbller on April 15, 2015, 11:35:57 AM
Quote from: The Raven on April 15, 2015, 10:33:58 AM
fixture-why?
As stated in more than a few editions of Extra Time and foolishly in the Irish News  we had a review of Development squads. This was known as the  Down Talent Development Plan (TDP)
    Meetings were held since the middle of 2013 all the while paying a Sports expert( expert in Hockey)  and employing a free state student as his Secretary to analyse our County's  "'talent development"'. A lot of work :D and money ;D and  we get to the end of it and the conclusion and action plan is; Wait for it.....................

Paddy ORourke is in charge of Dev Squads.

You couldn't make it up. Brilliant and innovative or what?

Does this include hurling development squads

Probably.

Brick Tamlin

And if I don't have access to a 'county board person' to ask?
Sometimes this forum is better for getting the real story about these things.
I was genuinely wondering will there be a report made public or findings released with a strategy implemented.

supersub

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 16, 2015, 10:42:23 AM
I was genuinely wondering will there be a report made public or findings released with a strategy implemented.

But most of the time not. Just like the Down booze fueled weekend training camp last week. Grossly exaggerated.

Similarly the treatment of POR in the last few posts. A lot more to a role like that than people realise.

wobbller

Quote from: supersub on April 16, 2015, 12:19:02 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 16, 2015, 10:42:23 AM

But most of the time not. Just like the Down booze fueled weekend training camp last week. Grossly exaggerated.

Similarly the treatment of POR in the last few posts. A lot more to a role like that than people realise.
Treatment?   My post made no comment either good or bad of Paddy. Just the fact that he was appointed
and I didn't see anything disparaging in any of the other posts since.