Eurovision 2014

Started by BennyCake, May 10, 2014, 11:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Hardy on May 11, 2014, 01:48:56 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 11, 2014, 01:45:59 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on May 11, 2014, 05:11:30 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 11, 2014, 01:16:26 AM
So what is it? A man who wants to be a woman, or vice versa? A half and half, or what?

It was embarrassing when Dustin represented Ireland, but it doesn't come close to that tonight.

Don't be a neanderthal Benny. Those are the kind of things my Gran used to say when Shirley Temple-Barr came on the telly, but my Gran would be 102 if she were still alive today, so she had an excuse.

It was a genuine question. Normalising this sort of behaviour doesn't mean we all have to sit back and accept it. It was a freak show, whether you like to admit it or not.

Well, what would you propose to do about it?

Well, the humane option is Tranny island. Just around the coast from Paedo and Gypo Islands.

Hardy

If you catch a woman wearing trousers, what's the proposed penalty?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on May 11, 2014, 05:51:11 PM
If you catch a woman wearing trousers, what's the proposed penalty?
Cut her balls off.

Asal Mor

BennyCake

THE MIGHTY QUINN

I'll tell you what, if we can persuade the Wolfe Tones to throw on 3 skirts, we're a shoe in for next years Eurovision

Agent Orange

I think we should pull out of Europe after tonights shambles. Disgrace so it is, could even threaten the peace process.

Farrandeelin

Israel and Australia shouldn't be in the competition yet they get through.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

The hardest thing about Eurovision is you have National goggles on when you watch the show. You look at your own country and think to yourself, they did really well tonight. You look at the others with their own national and cultural slant and you think to yourself ' Jez that's awful B*****KS'. Of course they are thinking the same themselves when they look at us. The voting for Australia should be interesting on Saturday night. Bar their obvious connections with the UK and Greece.

T Fearon

Brendan Rodgers said the Irish girl showed great character

Captain Obvious

Was another poor Irish song however not as bad as Jedward or Dustin the turkey. I think the Russian song could win it this year.

Pub Bore

When you have to say that Ireland's was the worst song and worst performance in a Eurovision semi final that tells you all you need to know.  I realise the girl is only 17 and must have been very nervous but her delivery of an admittedly shite song was poor.  Of the ones I've heard I think Russia will do well.  I think the UK will be competitive too.

deiseach

1970-1996: Ireland dominate the Eurovision Song Contest.

1970-1996: Waterford hurling is in the toilet.

Coincidence? I think not. I'm booking Monday 7th September 2015 off work.

Main Street

Maybe I have turned into a dirty ol' man without noticing, but is this eurovision year,  the year of the spectacular cleavage?

Tony Baloney

Just turned it on there and what the f**k are Australia doing there?!