Eurovision 2014

Started by BennyCake, May 10, 2014, 11:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Quote from: BennyCake on May 11, 2014, 01:16:26 AM
So what is it? A man who wants to be a woman, or vice versa? A half and half, or what?

It was embarrassing when Dustin represented Ireland, but it doesn't come close to that tonight.

Don't be a neanderthal Benny. Those are the kind of things my Gran used to say when Shirley Temple-Barr came on the telly, but my Gran would be 102 if she were still alive today, so she had an excuse.

BennyHarp

Who'd have thought a gay man would win Eurovision? I share Bennycake's outrage at these gays hijacking one of the last true bastians of masculine heterosexuality. I despair for the world when a straight man can't sit down on a Saturday night and watch Eurovision without having to put up with this sort of thing. BennyCake, you are the voice of the people.
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 11, 2014, 07:34:08 AM
Who'd have thought a gay man would win Eurovision? I share Bennycake's outrage at these gays hijacking one of the last true bastians of masculine heterosexuality. I despair for the world when a straight man can't sit down on a Saturday night and watch Eurovision without having to put up with this sort of thing. BennyCake, you are the voice of the people.
Dana International won it for the trans crowd a while ago. This is not new.
The Eurovision is "so gay", really. 

Tony Baloney

Who'd have thought a gay man would win Eurovision? I share Bennycake's outrage at these gays hijacking one of the last true bastians of masculine heterosexuality. I despair for the world when a straight man can't sit down on a Saturday night, in his sequined hotpants, and watch Eurovision without having to put up with this sort of thing. BennyCake, you are the voice of the people.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 11, 2014, 08:27:18 AM
Who'd have thought a gay man would win Eurovision? I share Bennycake's outrage at these gays hijacking one of the last true bastians of masculine heterosexuality. I despair for the world when a straight man can't sit down on a Saturday night, in his sequined hotpants, and watch Eurovision without having to put up with this sort of thing. BennyCake, you are the voice of the people.

;D

mylestheslasher

It is clear that if Ireland want to win the eurovision they are going to have to put forward an act that appeals to Gays. The best way they could do this is by having a gay act in outlandishly camp outfit. Something like Daniel O Donnell in nothing but a thong would do the trick.

Asal Mor

;D Very good.

rrhf

Far too politically correct here lads.  A man wearing women's clothes in my eyes is not something to get too comfortable with . The clothes were designed for a woman not a man. I see that as an entirely different thing to his sexual preferences which are rightfully his own business and nobody else's and every man is equal to make their own choices. He was a great singer and deserve ed the win. I was equally uncomfortable about the suggestive Ness of the polish entry.

BennyHarp

Quote from: rrhf on May 11, 2014, 01:10:39 PM
Far too politically correct here lads.  A man wearing women's clothes in my eyes is not something to get too comfortable with . The clothes were designed for a woman not a man. I see that as an entirely different thing to his sexual preferences which are rightfully his own business and nobody else's and every man is equal to make their own choices. He was a great singer and deserve ed the win. I was equally uncomfortable about the suggestive Ness of the polish entry.

It was fecking Eurovision!! You should have been prepared! If he showed up unexpectedly on Up for the Match on the eve of AI final Sunday then I may understand, but it's Eurovision and we once sent a turkey.

Asal Mor

I'll check that out on youtube now, for research purposes like.

BennyCake

Quote from: Asal Mor on May 11, 2014, 05:11:30 AM
So what is it? A man who wants to be a woman, or vice versa? A half and half, or what?

It was embarrassing when Dustin represented Ireland, but it doesn't come close to that tonight.

Don't be a neanderthal Benny. Those are the kind of things my Gran used to say when Shirley Temple-Barr came on the telly, but my Gran would be 102 if she were still alive today, so she had an excuse.

It was a genuine question. Normalising this sort of behaviour doesn't mean we all have to sit back and accept it. It was a freak show, whether you like to admit it or not.

Hardy

Quote from: BennyCake on May 11, 2014, 01:45:59 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on May 11, 2014, 05:11:30 AM

It was a genuine question. Normalising this sort of behaviour doesn't mean we all have to sit back and accept it. It was a freak show, whether you like to admit it or not.

Well, what would you propose to do about it?

thejuice

I never realised Russell Brand was Austrian.

I didn't watch the Eurovision last night. I like music too much you see.

Given its title of a song contest, In what you would imagine would be a truly competitive display where the cream of the variety European music, arts and culture would be on show. I mean, all those centuries of folk traditions, high art and culture to draw on you would think it would produce something remarkable.

Instead we get year after year of vacuous and often vulgar pop music, continuous championing of the cause célèbre of homosexuality over the genuine purpose of producing music of high quality and that ought to show us at our best.

And in the end whatever the quality of the music it will be lost in the back scratching exchanges of neighbouring countries or in some cases back stabbing.

The Eurovision does not show us at our best but I suppose it does reflect our current condition. An utter mess.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Syferus

There has never been a better time in history to be a European.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Asal Mor on May 11, 2014, 01:32:27 PM
I'll check that out on youtube now, for research purposes like.

Some big breasted blonde churning butter. Was popular on the televoting.