Derry/Londonderry - The UK City of culture

Started by Lecale2, August 09, 2012, 10:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakleafCounty

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 29, 2013, 01:18:08 PM
Heading up to Foyleside tomorrow to do some Christmas shopping rather than attempt to hit belfast!! Wouldn't want to run in to Willie and Jamie.

Going to park up in Foyleside but wouldn't really know Derry that well. Is there much out on the main streets? The wife will be in tow so ideally it's to get her something (takes the pressure of me!). Where are the main shopping areas of the city?

Outside of Foyleside and Richmond Centre there is Shipquay Street, Craft Village, Ferryquay Street and the Diamond which are all outside Richmond Centre exits. If your buying clothes or music the only other street I'd recommend is Foyle Street which has Cool Discs and Chocolate (clothes shop).

theticklemister

Quote from: OakleafCounty on November 29, 2013, 02:07:02 PM
Heading up to Foyleside tomorrow to do some Christmas shopping rather than attempt to hit belfast!! Wouldn't want to run in to Willie and Jamie.

Going to park up in Foyleside but wouldn't really know Derry that well. Is there much out on the main streets? The wife will be in tow so ideally it's to get her something (takes the pressure of me!). Where are the main shopping areas of the city?

Outside of Foyleside and Richmond Centre there is Shipquay Street, Craft Village, Ferryquay Street and the Diamond which are all outside Richmond Centre exits. If your buying clothes or music the only other street I'd recommend is Foyle Street which has Cool Discs and Chocolate (clothes shop).

Yer the only man to recommend foyle street for a shopping experience. The only that is good for is getting off the bus and getting books out of the library.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

If you get a chance and are still about after 7 take a walk across peace bridge to st columbs park, or drive if you don't fancy the dander. Lumiere is on there at the minute and has stuff dotted about the town but apparently st columbs park has best stuff

Kid Twist

Was in st columbs park last, well worth a dander over. It would be a ten minute dander across the peace bridge. It would be a waste to come into derry and just go to foyleside!

J OGorman

Quote from: OakleafCounty on November 29, 2013, 02:07:02 PM

Cool discs yes, but stay the buck out of Chocolate unless you're minted and a bit of a tool ;-)

HiMucker

Quote from: Kid Twist on November 29, 2013, 06:36:04 PM
Was in st columbs park last, well worth a dander over. It would be a ten minute dander across the peace bridge. It would be a waste to come into derry and just go to foyleside!
snap.  The wee one was mesmerised.  Couldn't  believe the crowds in the town.  Some buzz about the place.