Jeez Flanker I know Antrim GAA is daft but it aint that daft:

Total 30 players including those on the pitch
7 non players and 2 club officials = 39 per club

CD 39 times 2 is 78
Take the 30 on the pitch leaves the 48

If they are all inside the wire are you not asking for trouble

Calm Down

EOC1923

Was at an Ulster Minor game in July, the manager alone was allowed to stand in a designated area in front of his dugout. Everyone else had to stay in the dugout. If he wanted to speak to anyone else he went back to the dugout. Some teams here take the absolute piss on this issue but I blame our authorities for not clamping down.

stiffler

Interesting ref choice for the PG1/LD game, if the players show him respect there won't be an issue.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Belfast GAA man

Irish News today - paid managers are good and club men are cr...ap ! what a lazy article and generalisation - journo needs has pay docked!!!!!!!!!!!1

bannside

Look it's the only way a young ref can get experience is by getting big games..... a couple of strong experienced linesmen and umpires can make his job a lot easier.

Put the madmen along the line back behind the line (not suggesting one club more than anyone else or this game more than any other) and if they don't behave, outside the wire all together. Set the tone early, give a quick warning, be consistent and he might get away with it.

The reality is players and management sometimes set out to "play" the referee and there's no doubt some clubs are better than it than others. Strong and decisive management should nip any of this nonsense in the bud. Experienced referees usually find a way of doing their job whilst maintaining respect of all.

rogercasement

Speaking of referees, no coincidence that the man who caused mayhem in the first pg1 and ahoghill game hasn't refereed in senior championship since!

Tyrdub

Quote from: rogercasement on October 19, 2021, 03:55:05 PM
Speaking of referees, no coincidence that the man who caused mayhem in the first pg1 and ahoghill game hasn't refereed in senior championship since!

whats funny about it?

Calm Down

Goes to show the power of men like you RC, Totes must read this board

Kickham csc

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 19, 2021, 01:48:16 PM
Irish News today - paid managers are good and club men are cr...ap ! what a lazy article and generalisation - journo needs has pay docked!!!!!!!!!!!1
Are you able to post it

Jack O

Creggan mingie bugger,£1.20 for the Irish news,just go and buy it,worse than a Cavan man

Calm Down

Couldn't agree more BS, however this will be the game with the most bite at the weekend, I would have thought maybe a swap with the refs doing the Aghagallon game and your game would make more sense and Conall still gets experience- however are the LD men concerned that they cannot bully Sean L as handy

Quote from: bannside on October 19, 2021, 01:52:09 PM
Look it's the only way a young ref can get experience is by getting big games..... a couple of strong experienced linesmen and umpires can make his job a lot easier.

Put the madmen along the line back behind the line (not suggesting one club more than anyone else or this game more than any other) and if they don't behave, outside the wire all together. Set the tone early, give a quick warning, be consistent and he might get away with it.

The reality is players and management sometimes set out to "play" the referee and there's no doubt some clubs are better than it than others. Strong and decisive management should nip any of this nonsense in the bud. Experienced referees usually find a way of doing their job whilst maintaining respect of all.

rogercasement

Quote from: Tyrdub on October 19, 2021, 04:02:50 PM

What I'm saying is I am not surprised that after such an appalling performance he hasn't got another senior game. TBF I was talking to Ahoghill men about this and they agreed it was the worst performance they have seen in years.

whats funny about it?

rogercasement

Quote from: Calm Down
link=topic=21.msg2080994#msg2080994 date=1634656251

Yip McCavana has me on speed dial

Calm Down

Must be how you boys got McKeever off

Quote from: rogercasement on October 19, 2021, 10:24:27 PM
Quote from: Calm Down
link=topic=21.msg2080994#msg2080994 date=1634656251

Yip McCavana has me on speed dial