Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Guys the game would have went ahead last week but Glenravel were involved with the Ulster hurling, why are people annoyed? Not like you'll be at it. The game will be played when it suits both teams I'd imagine...

It's a busy time of the year with schools and colleges. Getting pitches can be difficult also.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

U20s, Farcical end to a farcical competition. Hopefully lessons learned for 2022.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2021, 09:21:05 AM
Guys the game would have went ahead last week but Glenravel were involved with the Ulster hurling, why are people annoyed? Not like you'll be at it. The game will be played when it suits both teams I'd imagine...

It's a busy time of the year with schools and colleges. Getting pitches can be difficult also.

Shouldn't have been going ahead full stop. Farce of a competition this year

Milltown Row2

I'm sure the teams that put the effort into it don't feel its farcical

As you say hopefully those within their clubs put forward a motion at their AGM's (which are soon) that the competition gets a better date and format next time. No point gurning on here about it to be honest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Very presumptions and arrogant of you MR2 to make such a statement. I was hoping if it were in say PG1 I would take in a bit of it then head over for the PG1 game, however it appears you have now banned any such plans

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2021, 09:41:13 AM

As you say hopefully those within their clubs put forward a motion at their AGM's (which are soon) that the competition gets a better date and format next time. No point gurning on here about it to be honest

Think clubs could well take a close look at the 'sanction' or in other words, borrow a player rule.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on December 01, 2021, 09:47:27 AM

Very presumptions and arrogant of you MR2 to make such a statement. I was hoping if it were in say PG1 I would take in a bit of it then head over for the PG1 game, however it appears you have now banned any such plans

nope just the reality. I've been at these games as a ref and supporter, very underwhelming in the amount of people at it, so spare me the, if its at my pitch I'll take a look.

But hey, if its at PG1 come and have a chat about next years predictions

Saffsof82

sarsfields have a motion that u20 be played before adult leagues start , LD have a motion its played after adult leagues finish !

EOC1923

Quote from: Saffsof82 on December 01, 2021, 09:57:45 AM

sarsfields have a motion that u20 be played before adult leagues start , LD have a motion its played after adult leagues finish !
Sarsfields motion is that the U20 (or whatever age above U17) league takes place before the adult leagues start, and that the U20 Champ takes place after the adult champ finished. Lamh dhearg want U20 changed to U19 completely and bizarrely made into 13 aside.

EOC1923

We can gurn all we want, same way as you can celebrate winning a farce of a competition if you want... If you win it that is.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on December 01, 2021, 10:01:30 AM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on December 01, 2021, 09:57:45 AM

Sarsfields motion is that the U20 (or whatever age above U17) league takes place before the adult leagues start, and that the U20 Champ takes place after the adult champ finished. Lamh dhearg want U20 changed to U19 completely and bizarrely made into 13 aside.

I think, personally that is, that under19 and 13 aside will reduce the 'sanctioned' players that CB has brought up, which I'm not in favour off either tbh and allow more teams

Calm Down

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2021, 09:56:22 AM
Quote from: Calm Down on December 01, 2021, 09:47:27 AM

nope just the reality. I've been at these games as a ref and supporter, very underwhelming in the amount of people at it, so spare me the, if its at my pitch I'll take a look.

But hey, if its at PG1 come and have a chat about next years predictions

You are out of order her MR2, regardless of what capacity you attend a game you are not the gate holder of who  is there and when

PG1 is not my local pitch, however that is irrelevant

I repeat presumptuous and arrogant

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on December 01, 2021, 10:02:46 AM

We can gurn all we want, same way as you can celebrate winning a farce of a competition if you want... If you win it that is.

Wow, so if Cargin won this farce it wouldn't be celebrated? I'll be honest as a club it would be grand, but I'll not lose any sleep if we don't.

Boy you're still sore

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2021, 10:09:52 AM

Wow, so if Cargin won this farce it wouldn't be celebrated? I'll be honest as a club it would be grand, but I'll not lose any sleep if we don't.

Boy you're still sore
Still sore? What about?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on December 01, 2021, 10:10:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2021, 10:09:52 AM

Boy you're still sore
Still sore? What about?

That our lads put your lads out of the under 20 farce competition?