Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Stranger Things 3 is excellent!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on July 05, 2019, 10:13:31 PM
You watched it all? I'm wrecked but ploughing into episode 5 now  :'(

screenexile

Got 3 done yesterday and just finishing the last this evening with my wife being away for the night.

Setting up for a huge finale!

RedHand88

Struggled through 2nd series and parked it halfway through. Will have to get right back into it again I doubt.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 06, 2019, 11:21:01 AM

Struggled through 2nd series and parked it halfway through. Will have to get right back into it again I doubt.
3 is significantly better than 2. I think after the success of 1 they struggled a bit with ideas for 2.

laoislad

I really enjoyed 2. Looking forward to getting stuck into 3 tonight
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Yeah I liked 2 as well. Looking forward to 3.

Jeepers Creepers

Strangers things 3 is all that and then some.

nrico2006

Stranger Things 3 is more of the same. Just rehashing the same story from 1 and 2.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Alibi (uk) has already begun the screening of Waco, a 6 part dramatisation of the siege and massacre at Waco of 76 members of an offshoot  7 day Adventists type church in 1993. It's very good.

Waco: The Rules of Engagement 1997 is a classic documentary
https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/waco-the-rules-of-engagement-1997

imtommygunn

Anyone watching last series of Gotham? Used to enjoy it but the last season is garbage.

bennydorano

Watching Waco on one of the lesser Satellite channels (Alibi / on demand) it is very good. Some big name actors in it for such a low profile show. Taylor Kitsch as David Koresh is brilliant.

Jeepers Creepers

8 days to the moon and back on BBC 2 was very good. If anyone has half an interest, it's a must watch. Reconstruction of the moon landing using the actual audio of all involved.

Ball Hopper

Just finished Acceptable Risk, shown first in 2017 on RTE.  Set in Dublin, 6 episodes in total.

Very enjoyable.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 10, 2019, 10:38:40 PM
8 days to the moon and back on BBC 2 was very good. If anyone has half an interest, it's a must watch. Reconstruction of the moon landing using the actual audio of all involved.
Get yourself to the cinema to see Apollo 11. Absolutely fantastic piece of work.