TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Orange

If George RR Martin had created Star Trek.

gallsman

Daredevil on Netflix is very good after 3 episodes.

lenny

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 09, 2015, 03:24:26 AM
Oh yeah, and Fargo, if you haven't seen it is absolutely fantastic.  Up there with the Sopranos/The Wire.

I agree, Fargo was really enjoyable. Not as good as The Wire but a great series nonetheless.

Joe Blob

The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

6 part HBO miniseries (true story). Absolutely superb.

blewuporstuffed

I enjoyed the first episode of The Affair last night.
Quite cleverly done. I didnt watch the second one yet, might do that tonight.

Its hard to think of Dominic West as anyone other than McNulty though !
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

5 Sams

Peter Kay's Car Share. Genius.
The Aristocrat Years

bennydorano

Murder in Successville on BBC3, my new favourite show. I'd imagine it 'll be one of those love it or hate it with no inbetween type of shows.

enjoying the Peter Kay show as well.

themac_23

Finished watching the last episode of 'empire' last night, story line was good and some of the chemistry between characters was really good, only thing let it down was the music, everything and i mean EVERYTHING was auto tuned, even when they were just blasting out a song in the house. also the main character is supposed to have been a rapper 'thug' but again all his music is auto tune and pretty much love songs, if you can get passed these two issues i would def recommend it, and the finale sets up for a great 2nd season

Tony Baloney

Anyone seen Frankie and Grace on Netflix?

tbrick18

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 14, 2015, 10:47:10 PM
Peter Kay's Car Share. Genius.

+1

Some real laugh out loud comedy right there.

gallsman

GoT starting to diverge too much from the books for my liking.

BenDover

They've created that many different character routes, it's beginning to frustrate. Any idea how many more seasons there'll be? I've never read the books and dont plan to at this stage.

JoG2

Quote from: BenDover on May 19, 2015, 09:29:27 AM
They've created that many different character routes, it's beginning to frustrate. Any idea how many more seasons there'll be? I've never read the books and dont plan to at this stage.

getting frustrating surely, its hopping all over the shop without that much happening. There's only a few left of the current season. With so much to cover, they'd need 20 episodes per season. Its nice seeing alot of the local coastal scenery of late

Bingo

As far as I gather the TV series has diverted somewhat from the books, mainly due to the writing of the books been behind but the show writers and book writer know the end game and are still working to get there.

The series has been slower than previous years, probably due to the ending of the last and the closure it took to a lot of the plotlines and so many big characters getting the deadner! In hindsight, the first 5 seasons built up to the end of season 5 - the end of the war of the 7 kingdoms. It is now simmering along again and I think it is all building up to the very end over the remaining 3 or 4 seasons.

It hasn't had the shock moments of other seasons so far, was a couple of times last night when you where waiting for a twist or a kill but it never happened.

Its still intriguing though in a different way.

ballinaman

Never a fan when books are based on a TV show, always a let down. Should have just left GOT as a TV show...