TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 28, 2014, 01:52:02 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on April 28, 2014, 12:19:39 PM
Anyone watching Fargo?
See above.

last nights episode not as good as the first one, but still a very good show, looking forward to seeing how it develops
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Couple of new series I've started watching.

Turn
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543328/
Really enjoying this.

Resurrection
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2647586/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Not bad also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyHarp

Quote from: J OGorman on April 28, 2014, 12:30:28 PM
Currently on the spin when I get a chance

Vikings - loving it
Orange is the New Black - watched 2 so far, seems OK.
Game of Thrones - holy buck, some show
Banshee - 2 quality seasons
Justified - have watched the first 4 seasons. Good show

Has the second season started on Sky? I enjoyed season 1 and was waiting for it to return, have I missed it?
That was never a square ball!!

Don Johnson

What an episode of Game Of Thrones last night. Liam Cunningham and Peter Dinklage are great actors.

J OGorman

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 12, 2014, 07:50:07 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on April 28, 2014, 12:30:28 PM
Currently on the spin when I get a chance

Vikings - loving it
Orange is the New Black - watched 2 so far, seems OK.
Game of Thrones - holy buck, some show
Banshee - 2 quality seasons
Justified - have watched the first 4 seasons. Good show

Has the second season started on Sky? I enjoyed season 1 and was waiting for it to return, have I missed it?

Couchtuner.eu. (can I even post that?)

Watching Blacklist at the minute...very good show

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 13, 2014, 12:48:20 PM
What an episode of Game Of Thrones last night. Liam Cunningham and Peter Dinklage are great actors.

What a f*cking Series, has everything and dragons!!
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 13, 2014, 02:59:34 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on May 13, 2014, 12:48:20 PM

What a f*cking Series, has everything and dragons!!

If Tyrion doesn't win I'm going to cry.

Charles Dance is a fantastic actor but even he is on the back-foot when he's in a scene with Dinklage. Just incredible.

trileacman

Just a heads up lads, haven't seen the last few episodes and I'd hate to see any spoilers! Great show, Dinklage is a top actor.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Walter Cronc

Excellent show but perhaps dragging a tad and too many new characters if you want to get really picky.

I reckon they could make 7-8 seasons at least, if not 10!!

Syferus

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 13, 2014, 04:07:40 PM
Excellent show but perhaps dragging a tad and too many new characters if you want to get really picky.

It's based on books. Each book is a season, apart from the last two which are halves of book three. The books are still being written.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2014, 04:13:42 PM

It's based on books. Each book is a season, apart from the last two which are halves of book three. The books are still being written.

Oh I know that. Apparently he hasnt even started book 4 and isnt in great health!

smort

Martin has wrote 5 of the books. He plans to finish the series with two more tome's.

Syferus

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 13, 2014, 04:18:08 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2014, 04:13:42 PM

Oh I know that. Apparently he hasnt even started book 4 and isnt in great health!

The fifth book was released three years ago and Martin usual writes the script for an episode each season too. He's already told the creators the outline of how he plans to end the story in case they catch up to the novels.

CD

Quote from: smort on May 13, 2014, 04:28:31 PM
Martin has wrote 5 of the books. He plans to finish the series with two more tome's.

Aye but two of the books so far have been split into two distinct books as they are so long so it's actually seven! I read them a few years back and was gutted that I'd have to wait years for the next one! By the time it comes out I'll have to read the previous one again to get back up to speed!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

the Deel Rover

I know it's not a show as such but do any of ye watch deadliest catch . Jesus those boys earn their money.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001