TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Is that channel part of the Sky package?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Denn Forever

I'd imagine it is.  Says its Sky Channel 148, Freesat 137 and Virgin 192.

http://www.cbsaction.co.uk/

Good if you like Star Trek in all its reincarnations.

CBS Action is the home of U.S. action-packed dramas, tense thrillers, sci-fi favourites and fast paced movies that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Popular shows include NCIS, Walker, Texas Ranger, Mission: Impossible, Kung Fu and The District, along with the digitally re-mastered Star Trek: The Original Series and The Next Generation.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ONeill

Finished Breaking Bad before next year's finale series - starting to get slightly bored of it now. The choices are either die from cancer of be caught and shot. He's going to die either way.

Homeland - no - lost my attention about 3 episodes in again. Don't really care.

Modern Family - still coming up smelling of lovely Eskra manure. Brilliant show.

Parks and Recreation - best out there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 25, 2012, 09:17:19 PM
I see Dexter being recommended here.  If you have CBS Action, it starting from Episode 1 from December 5th at 9 or 10pm.

Thanks for the heads up, never check out what's on the CBS channels are their usual stuff wouldn't interest me.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on November 25, 2012, 11:41:23 PM
Finished Breaking Bad before next year's finale series - starting to get slightly bored of it now. The choices are either die from cancer of be caught and shot. He's going to die either way.

Homeland - no - lost my attention about 3 episodes in again. Don't really care.

Modern Family - still coming up smelling of lovely Eskra manure. Brilliant show.

Parks and Recreation - best out there.

Heard good things about it I must check it out!

Can't understand why nobody else is talking about the League. I think it's class, an older version of the Inbetweeners.

LeoMc

Quote from: Bingo on November 06, 2012, 12:42:11 PM
I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

It and Homelands this evening are great to watch.

When did Peter Quinn come under suspicion so that they discovered his links to shady illegal operations?

MasterShake

Quote from: LeoMc on November 28, 2012, 08:52:45 AM
I'm excited by the thoughts of it! Might even try to go online and watch it tonight rather than wait till Friday as usual.

When did Peter Quinn come under suspicion so that they discovered his links to shady illegal operations?

***SPOILER ALERT***

Early in Season 2 when we were first introduced to "Peter Quinn", Saul asked Virgil and Max (a great and understated duo) to do some digging on Quinn.
Saul, who has been with the CIA for 30 years, and knows everybody in the intelligence analysis field, had never heard of him. Neither had Carrie. Both knew it was weird that Quinn was unknown to them, and yet he's assigned to head a team to track and trap Brody - an agent of Abu Nazir.
The break-in at Quinn's place was the culmination of Virgil and Max's digging, as they could find nothing else on him. Tho it is weird that the show should only loop back round to that sub-plot seven odd episodes after first mentioning it.
"Calmer than you are".

Bingo

Quote from: MasterShake on November 28, 2012, 04:09:34 PM

***SPOILER ALERT***

Early in Season 2 when we were first introduced to "Peter Quinn", Saul asked Virgil and Max (a great and understated duo) to do some digging on Quinn.
Saul, who has been with the CIA for 30 years, and knows everybody in the intelligence analysis field, had never heard of him. Neither had Carrie. Both knew it was weird that Quinn was unknown to them, and yet he's assigned to head a team to track and trap Brody - an agent of Abu Nazir.
The break-in at Quinn's place was the culmination of Virgil and Max's digging, as they could find nothing else on him. Tho it is weird that the show should only loop back round to that sub-plot seven odd episodes after first mentioning it.

Good summary!

It should be noted though that the timeframe for this show isn't that long, its not over a period of months but weeks. It may also have taken a back seat as everything else has happened so quick - brody been unmasked, him confessing, new terrorist guy emerging and disappearing, Quinn getting shot, brody becoming unstable and running.

Great episode last night, back on track.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AFS on November 29, 2012, 12:17:59 AM
Homeland question: Why does Brody's wife call him Brody? His first name is Nicholas. This annoys me. Her horrible acting also annoys me. And her disappointing boobs.
I thought her boobs were reasonable.

Bingo

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 29, 2012, 12:57:36 AM
Homeland question: Why does Brody's wife call him Brody? His first name is Nicholas. This annoys me. Her horrible acting also annoys me. And her disappointing boobs.

I thought that was an extremely "good" scene. Who watching wasn't wishing to be in Mikes position  8)

ballinaman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 29, 2012, 12:57:36 AM
For a lizard she's grand alright. Good summary regarding the Quinn plot there, found myself going what the f**k.

Got landed tickets for the audience of Craig Doyle Show last night...on TV tonight. Doyle is a right bollix, really arrogant to a few lads in the crowd who were only having a bit of craic. Greg Proops and the Principal from the Inbetweeners were actually funny enough, I was shocked. Louis Walsh was on too, gives the Irish Sun a right going over.
Went for the gawk at RTE more than anything else, free wine before was handy too.

Hardy

Craig Doyle – now there's a question. What exactly is his talent, his area of expertise, his experience, his training, his body of knowledge or what particular aptitude, capacity, flair, gift or ability (thanks, Mr. Roget)  qualifies him for anything, much less to present himself to an audience of millions as someone who merits being listened to for any length of time beyond two-and-a-half seconds or being looked at for any reason at all other than to illustrate to your kids what a **** looks like?

I'm going to sponsor a little competition. A prize for the best new word minted to describe the particular package of posing, talentless complacency that is Craig Doyle.

The prize? I'll scan the TV schedules daily and text the winner with a twelve-hour warning of any potential inadvertent sighting of Doylery in casual channel-flicking.

LeoMc

Quote from: MasterShake on November 28, 2012, 04:09:34 PM

***SPOILER ALERT***

Cheers, sounds familiar now that you summarise it.
Didn't realise his first name was Peter until Tuesday night.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on November 29, 2012, 11:52:19 AM
Craig Doyle – now there's a question. What exactly is his talent, his area of expertise, his experience, his training, his body of knowledge or what particular aptitude, capacity, flair, gift or ability (thanks, Mr. Roget)  qualifies him for anything, much less to present himself to an audience of millions as someone who merits being listened to for any length of time beyond two-and-a-half seconds or being looked at for any reason at all other than to illustrate to your kids what a **** looks like?

I'm going to sponsor a little competition. A prize for the best new word minted to describe the particular package of posing, talentless complacency that is Craig Doyle.

The prize? I'll scan the TV schedules daily and text the winner with a twelve-hour warning of any potential inadvertent sighting of Doylery in casual channel-flicking.

Troglodoily - frilly, ornamental and impractical, should live in a cave.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ballinaman

Quote from: Hardy on November 29, 2012, 11:52:19 AM

Agree 100%. He could read from the auto q with ease but any sort of off the cuff banter, you could see how awkward he was.