TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Minder on September 08, 2012, 01:05:45 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on September 08, 2012, 12:59:01 PM
The Thick of it back tonight. I can't wait.

Yeah should be good, it's a great show.

Only got round to watching it last night, took a while to figure out the split in the coalition but I think that should add a whole new dimension.
I see from next weeks trailer that Tucker is back. It should be good to see how he reacts to being in opposition.

Aristo 60

The Wire - Season One
The Wire - Season Two
The Wire - Season Three
The Wire - Season Four
The Wire - Season Five

Best DVD set ever.

Canalman

Finished series two of Breaking Bad some weeks ago and waiting on the boxset for S3. S2 not as good as S1 imvho but can see that it is setting up the scene very nicely for the next few series.

Spiral season 1 is average enough, nothing to write home about.

Have Braquo (sic) at home and am saving it for winter viewing.

Watched some episodes of Wilfred recently and just didn't get into it.

Really haven't seen any tv series that have matched Dexter Seasons 1 to 5.

theskull1

Got a dvd of Modern Family from a work colleague. Said it was a great show. Watched 15 minutes of episode 1 and had to switch it off. Should I stick with it?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

tbrick18

Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever.
I'm currently on Season 5....and it gets darker by the episode.

I've seen the first 2 seasons of The Wire and keep meaning to get back to it as I thought they were great too.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: theskull1 on September 12, 2012, 12:57:44 PM
Got a dvd of Modern Family from a work colleague. Said it was a great show. Watched 15 minutes of episode 1 and had to switch it off. Should I stick with it?

I think it's a great wee show

Milltown Row2

I see Good cop has been axed tonight, rightly so considering whats happened lately
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Anybody watched Moone Boy? I think it's great. Good light hearted bit of craic. I'm looking forward to tonights episode as well.

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2012, 02:42:31 PM
Anybody watched Moone Boy? I think it's great. Good light hearted bit of craic. I'm looking forward to tonights episode as well.

The Rosies are very multi-talented, aren't they?

J OGorman

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 12, 2012, 01:02:56 PM
Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever.
I'm currently on Season 5....and it gets darker by the episode.

I've seen the first 2 seasons of The Wire and keep meaning to get back to it as I thought they were great too.

Breaking Bad really is a quare show. Did you hear they are holding the 2nd half of Season 5, ie episodes 9 - 16 until next summer? Strange aul decision

Canalman, was gonna give Spiral a whirl as its now on BT Vision demand. Not worth it?

The Walking Dead starts again mid October. Season 2 was so so. The ending though looks promising for the third series

Finally got 'round to watching Deadwood. Fcuk me, some show. Lovejoy is incredible in it. Pity they didnt make anymore

3/4 way through The Event. Decent enough watch.

gerrykeegan

Watched it last night on Sky anytime, I had had a few pints and thought it was funny, looking forward to it tonight. Love the theme music.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Billys Boots

I like Spiral - it's very French, and thus exasperating at times, but I have to say I've very much enjoyed all three series so far.  Not as brutal (physically or psychologically) as Braquo, and probably the better for it.  The fourth series is currently underway in France - am looking forward to it.

Moone Boy: Any series with 'Where's me jumper' as its theme music will get my vote.  And it's funny. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

upmonaghansayswe

Saw the tail end of the first one last night and thought it was decent.. So watched the second one.. Well it was woeful.. It was like something straight from Killinaskully.. Ill give it another go next week.

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on September 21, 2012, 03:24:33 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 21, 2012, 03:03:39 PM

Watched it last night on Sky anytime, I had had a few pints and thought it was funny, looking forward to it tonight. Love the theme music.

Your mans accent annoys me.
Is this how everyone from Roscommon talks?

When the most famous Laois man is Liam O'Neill ye're not ones to talk >:(

Megaman

Just about got through the first episode,  turned it off after 10 mins of the second.