Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

SLIGONIAN

John Murphys in for Vice Chairman.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

I hear John Murphy will opposed on the Vice Chairman position.

magpie seanie

Congrats to Calry/St Joseph's on winning the U-20 A Championship. This should be a huge shot in the arm to them, they're a club with a lot of potential if they can keep their players together. Great to see the title remaining in the North of the county too!

SLIGONIAN

For sure was happy for Calry/st josephs after getting relegated in the senior at least this gives them hope for the future. Congrats to them. Great to see Easky/Farnans in the final and giving it a right go.

Congrats to Shamrock Gaels aswell, a team made up mostly of minors, the were very impressive against us and i wasnt suprised by the result, Mark Tuohy fair play to him has them well drilled. Geevagh can still look back on a successful yr.

SLIGONIAN

Richard Brennan formerly of Sligo CCC, and bunninaden man will oppose John Murphy on the Vice Chairman position, got this from Hoganstand.

Wonder will there be in withdrawals on the night..

SLIGONIAN

This thread has been on the go on Hoganstand a while, at the last county board meeting Murphy was asked about the managers for both teams, he said that Mulhern and Johnston respectively will be asked back.

The shock on some peoples faces when i say this to them says it all, but why do the clubs just accept it with out any resistance. Mulhern is a good guy but has been a disaster and his record over 2yrs is poor, even players telling me he put more effort in his first yr. So we give him a 3rd yr.. ::) Johnston cost us a connacht title but in fairness this yrs u21s are even stronger, so im a bit more easy going as i think if steve staunton was in charge we'd still win connacht in 2011 at u21 level. It would take monumental errors on tactics and team selection to mess it up.

magpie seanie

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 18, 2010, 12:03:07 PM
Richard Brennan formerly of Sligo CCC, and bunninaden man will oppose John Murphy on the Vice Chairman position, got this from Hoganstand.

Wonder will there be in withdrawals on the night..

That's a good one. They used to be pretty friendly one time. I hear there was a third person nominated for that job who knew nothnig about his "nomination". Gas!

magpie seanie

I know you think the same but these managers really should be in place months ago. Especially the U-21 manager who should be in place at the latest before the U-20 club championship.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 18, 2010, 12:27:27 PM
I know you think the same but these managers really should be in place months ago. Especially the U-21 manager who should be in place at the latest before the U-20 club championship.

Id love to ask murphy why he is asking back these 2 and why it has taken so long? For me its just not good enough. The excuse we get yr on yr of why the u20 championship is on now is so the u21 manager can see players available but sure Johnston didnt see one game last yr and this yr just the final. Id love to hear the justification on mulherns reappointment thats if mulhern wants to have another go. When you read the PRO notes it makes me laugh when what a hero murphy is protrayed to be, id love to stand up in the CB and debate as to what he has really done over the last nr of yrs.

On another note according to FOSSF i see Summerhill won connacht last yr, i was in charlestown that day, and i could of sworn geralds won and who is Aiden Costello who got nominated for GPA team of the yr?

SLIGONIAN

Mulhern was asked to go for another year recently and last week he confirmed to Sligo CB that he will step down. Good news.

If you read the champion today you see the full article, ive never read so many excuses and contradictions in all my life. The 4th paragraph in full reads like this,

The board sounded out clubs last september about nominations but no names were put forward. The expectation was that mulhern would remain in charge for a third term and his decision to step down has taken officials by suprise.

If the board didnt expect mulhern to resign why were they seeking nominations? Something tells me they never sounded out clubs at all. I was told recently that mulhern was to be asked back.

Minor board chairman was quoted, "there are no names in the frame for the vacancy but we are actively considering the issue and would hope to make an appointment sooner rather than later. We realise thats its important to have a new manager in place as quickly as possible and our hope is to have the situation resolved within a few weeks"

The reason they are no names is because they have not asked anyone yet, the board realise the sooner we appoint someone the better REALLY, you do realise its 16 weeks since SLIGO MINORS GOT KNOCKED OUT, would of been sensible to ask mulhern 2/3 weeks after the galway games what his intentions were. If i were running the show i would of informed him that we wouldnt be asking him back and id be seeking nominations straight away. How he deserved another shot at it i do not know. He won 1 CML game in 2yrs and thats seen as progress, in fact throughout the piece is excuse after excuse, we were apparently victims of our own success because the colleges did so well. Having been at all the CML i can tell you the summerhill lads missed ONLY one CML game, the Attractas las were available for 2 of the 6, mayo/galway have the same issue as us, we still had 8/9 weeks to prepare the Minors with a full squad for the Galway game.

Apparently succes in Sligo is bringing players through the system not winning matches or trophies.

SLIGONIAN

Any suggestions on candidates to take the job? Id say Tommy Breheny will take in the next 1yr or 2, cant see him taking yet.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on December 03, 2010, 06:14:21 PM
Bookies don't fancy Sligo next year

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-football/nfl-division-2?ev_oc_grp_ids=7425

Good or bad?
Its accurate before a ball is kicked but i still expect us to finish up ahead of Laois, Donegal and Antrim, however everything hinges on the first game, if we lose to Donegal i cant see us beating meath or tyrone and then relegation looms but you never know.

Odds dont mean much, i doubt it bothers roscommon that yer 12/1 and we are 10/3 to win Connacht in 2011.

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 03, 2010, 07:37:25 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 03, 2010, 06:14:21 PM
Bookies don't fancy Sligo next year

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-football/nfl-division-2?ev_oc_grp_ids=7425

Good or bad?
Its accurate before a ball is kicked but i still expect us to finish up ahead of Laois, Donegal and Antrim, however everything hinges on the first game, if we lose to Donegal i cant see us beating meath or tyrone and then relegation looms but you never know.

Odds dont mean much, i doubt it bothers roscommon that yer 12/1 and we are 10/3 to win Connacht in 2011.

Not one bit & it's fair to say we both do better when the odds are against us.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 03, 2010, 07:37:25 PMOdds dont mean much, i doubt it bothers roscommon that yer 12/1 and we are 10/3 to win Connacht in 2011.

Th'oul odds didnt bother us too mch in Connacht this year anyways     ;D :D ;D ;D :D ;D :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM