The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 11, 2021, 08:44:15 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on January 11, 2021, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2021, 05:13:17 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 11, 2021, 05:04:14 PM
Democrats going for impeachment, will be tight for time.

Whatever the outcome, he has to be impeached. Incitement of a murderous riot cannot be allowed to stand.
Attempted coup

Do you think the Republicans will vote to convict, even post January 20th?

I thought for a day or two they might - as this would be in the best interests of both the Republican party and the US itself, but my belief that that could happen has waned

I've been watching a lot of Fox over the last several days as research and they are even deeper down the rabbit hole than ever, so I think the Republicans will vote to acquit

I came across a programme on Fox last night presented by a guy called Steve Hilton, an English guy, a former Tory adviser

It actually made me do that sort of Sideshow Bob type shudder, it somehow felt even worse and even more brain rotting than watching Carlson or Hannity or Fox and Friends

Lately it sounds like you're the one down the rabbit hole.
I never understand how some people in Ireland get so wound up about the politics of a foreign country on a different continent.
I do indeed go down plenty of rabbit holes online because I'm very curious about the pathology of the far right - the threat of which I have consistently called correctly

Everybody should be curious

If you can't understand why so many people, such as myself, are so against the Trump regime, you should probably study a bit of history - and develop a bit of humanity

One wonders what you would have said to staff who went on strike at Dunnes Stores who were protesting the company trading with the apartheid regime in South Africa

I'm guessing you would have passed the picket and made snide comments to the strikers

Solo_run

Everytime I see the scenes from the riots it's just insane. Can't imagine what it is going to be like for Bidens Inauguration

Gmac

Quote from: Solo_run on January 12, 2021, 02:12:29 AM
Everytime I see the scenes from the riots it's just insane. Can't imagine what it is going to be like for Bidens Inauguration
were you off the grid last summer? rioters chased the cops out of one of their buildings in Minneapolis took over the building and then burned it down , been lots of rioting for the last 4 years just the good sort according to the media and some politicians.

Seamus

Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2021, 07:55:30 PM
Quote from: dec on January 08, 2021, 07:30:25 PM
The Washington Post has a new video of the shooting of Ashli Babbit. It shows more of the leadup to it and is about 3 minutes long

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

There's all sorts of wrong with that.

The cops abandoning their post 30 seconds before the shooting?

Then one of the rioters start shouting "there's a gun" and they keep trying to bust through??

The name of the rioter you are referring to is John Sullivan, do a thorough investigation on him.
Also do likewise with Jacob Anthony Chansley. The events of January 6th, 2021 will come more clearly into focus.

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2021, 08:27:38 PM
FRom one of the linked threads in that post

A picture paints a thousand words.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Seamus on January 12, 2021, 02:41:51 AM
The Washington Post has a new video of the shooting of Ashli Babbit. It shows more of the leadup to it and is about 3 minutes long

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

Then one of the rioters start shouting "there's a gun" and they keep trying to bust through??

The name of the rioter you are referring to is John Sullivan, do a thorough investigation on him.
Also do likewise with Jacob Anthony Chansley. The events of January 6th, 2021 will come more clearly into focus.

Or you could just tell me straight out why I shouldn't believe my google search that tells me the first guy wasn't involved, and the second guy isn't a right wing nutjob?

Seamus

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 12, 2021, 02:53:10 AM

http://gaaboard.com/board/Themes/default/images/smflogo.png

Or you could just tell me straight out why I shouldn't believe my google search that tells me the first guy wasn't involved, and the second guy isn't a right wing nutjob?

Now please don't be so lazy. You will need to learn how to do a proper investigation. No wonder the world is in such a mess.

The first guy was questioned/arrested or possibly protected and then released, I wonder why?

The second guy will probably go through with the charade as he is protected.

Eire90

it could get real ugly real fast and if it kickoff it will make the northern ireland troubles look like a picnic. they're  talking about armed protests in all 50 states.They say there going back to dc but i think they will get scared unless they have massive numbers but they might try something somewhere else.

Seamus

Quote from: Eire90 on January 12, 2021, 03:23:12 AM
it could get real ugly real fast and if it kickoff it will make the northern ireland troubles look like a picnic. they're  talking about armed protests in all 50 states.They say there going back to dc but i think they will get scared unless they have massive numbers but they might try something somewhere else.

The fake news is laying the ground work for the gullible.

omochain

Quote from: Seamus on January 12, 2021, 03:09:08 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 12, 2021, 02:53:10 AM

http://gaaboard.com/board/Themes/default/images/smflogo.png

Now please don't be so lazy. You will need to learn how to do a proper investigation. No wonder the world is in such a mess.

The first guy was questioned/arrested or possibly protected and then released, I wonder why?

The second guy will probably go through with the charade as he is protected.

So one guy is a reporter and the other guy is a Qanon/Trump follower.   And your point is ... The Fake News are setting us up.... You are going to have to help me understand how you come to that conclusion.

blasmere

Michael Moore

THE 7 CRITICAL TRUTHS:

1. This attack on the Capitol was an Inside Job in which some Republican members of Congress and their staffs assisted the mob in getting into and through the Capitol building.

2. Various elements of law enforcement also assisted in the attack, as did rogue cops and current and ex-military from around the country. Current members of the NYPD and the Seattle police force have been identified in footage as part of the mob. Reports say they've also identified active duty troops partipating in the attack - plus a police chief and a sheriff - as members of the mob. The guy inside the House chamber carrying the large number of police-grade handcuff zip-ties is a retired Lt. Colonel.

3. Trump was the ringleader and the inciter - and when cries of help were made to him to send in the National Guard to protect the Capitol and our elected representatives, Trump refused.

4. This attack was a dry run for more violent attacks the terrorists are planning to launch before the Inauguration.

5. Why did members of Congress tell their staffs to stay home on Wednesday "for their own safety?" Everyone knew there would be trouble. Yet, stunningly, 1,900 Capitol Police were told to stay home on Wednesday. Only 400 reported to work. It was designed for them to be overrun.

6. Of the very few terrorists who have now been arrested, not one of them has been charged with domestic terrorism. "Trespassing" is the most common charge.

7.  White supremacists were everywhere in the mob. Some wore T-shirts proclaiming, "6 Million Was Not Enough." Our military and police departments across the country have been infiltrated by white supremacists and hard-core racists. Defunding them will defang them. Everyone knows had that mob been Black, they'd all be dead. We need to start over with a whole new concept of criminal justice, and new anti-racist peacekeeping officers.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 12, 2021, 02:25:55 AM
Quote from: Solo_run on January 12, 2021, 02:12:29 AM
were you off the grid last summer? rioters chased the cops out of one of their buildings in Minneapolis took over the building and then burned it down , been lots of rioting for the last 4 years just the good sort according to the media and some politicians.

Who said it was "good"?

A bunch of people are up on federal charges for that, as they should be. I'd imagine there's state charges too. Those lads will be going to prison. And that includes the far right boogaloo morons who got involved too for their own political purposes.

Where it does differ:

1. The reason people were out on the streets protesting was legitimate. Not the case for this Capitol riot.
2. The rioters in Minneapolis weren't whipped up and sent out to storm the police station by the president and his enablers, or, it is starting to appear, possibly aided and abetted by sympathetic insiders.
3. The setting and the scale. It was the Capitol building as Congress was certifying a f**king presidential election, usually a barely-reported rubber-stamping exercise. They were looking to target the VP and Speaker of the House FFS.
4. Five people, including a cop, were killed.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Eire90 on January 12, 2021, 03:23:12 AM

Astounded by this comment.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

johnnycool